Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

DEFAULT REPLACE base game lipsticks (requested)

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 16th May 2008 at 11:49 PM - Updated 18th May 2008 at 12:48 AM by CatOfEvilGenius

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th May 2008 at 1:43 AM
Wow, thank you so much! I was one of the ones who requested this but not sure if it was just me or not. Still, thank you so much, I just love your new style of lip shades. I also love HP's skin tones the best so this works out great! *downloads*
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th May 2008 at 2:37 AM
Love them! I haven't thought of even requesting anything like this but these will come in handy!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th May 2008 at 2:45 AM
Beautiful! The darker colors are a vast improvement, and I love the subtly of the lighter ones. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th May 2008 at 3:05 AM
These are so fantastic!! Much more subtle...I know they will come in handy when I play my pared down Maxis Match neighborhood (where I play with only a few downloads in for when I want the game to run fast)!!

i've massacred my manicure, (am i poisoned flesh?)
and made a mess, (a sweet caress)
of morning light to midnight.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2008 at 3:10 AM
Thanks for your comments, everyone. I feel all warm fuzzy now.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th May 2008 at 3:53 AM
When I saw your default replacement for the lost and found Sioux lipstick I thought about asking you for default replacements for other Maxis' lipsticks, but I hadn't time to ask this and even download the Sioux one...and now the first thing I saw in downloads page and that make me hurry to grab were this defaults! I used to use Bruno's Torskläppar lipsticks as defaults, but now I want something less realistic and more realisim...and your default replacements are great! Thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th May 2008 at 5:21 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th May 2008 at 6:16 AM
Oh wow... Very pretty! Thank you so much, it is a wonderful work!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th May 2008 at 8:24 AM
Thank you! There were only two or three of the Maxis lipsticks that I ever used. They were almost all too gaudy, and none of them looked good on my darker-skinned ladies. But these are beautiful. Such an improvement!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 17th May 2008 at 10:04 AM
these look much better than the maxis lipsticks! the maxis ones were always too strong or too garish! thanks a lot, cat!!!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th May 2008 at 1:20 PM
These were sorely needed! Townies can finally stop looking like they have smeared something thick and awful on their lips, I don't have to manually remake them with the make-up chair
Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th May 2008 at 4:10 PM
I love your replacements and they are sorely needed! One problem, the first link for base lips doesn't work...is it just me?
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2008 at 4:17 PM
edejan The file link is at the end of the thread, in the download box. It worked for me, maybe the server was being wonky when you tried? Try downloading again.

Forum Resident
#15 Old 17th May 2008 at 4:34 PM
Yay! More default replacements. I love these... The changes are subtle, but a great improvement. Thank you!
Instructor
#16 Old 17th May 2008 at 7:35 PM
Gasp! Amazing pure genius! ^^ Thank you lots! I personally prefer to have replacement than custom content, this is perfect!
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th May 2008 at 2:56 AM
All I can say is Thank heavens for people who make default replacements for the ugly maxis stuff! These are wonderful...so much softer & realistic! Thanks bunches!!

I have friends, oh, but not today...cause they done washed away... they done washed away.
I got troubles Lord, but not today... cause they're gonna wash away...this ol' bottle gonna take them away...
(from "Wash Away" by Joe Purdy)
Field Researcher
#18 Old 19th May 2008 at 3:58 AM
these are awesome. can you make a non-default version, please? i have default replacements already, and i don't remember the file name, so...

Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th May 2008 at 7:34 PM
**I_am_ME** I'm glad you like them. If you want to find your older default replacements, use TS2ContentManager. It will tell you which packages are lipstick. I do not have plans to make these into non-defaults, but you are free to do so if you wish.

Field Researcher
#20 Old 20th May 2008 at 3:15 AM
Great job. I also like how they have a bit more of a matte finish. The Maxis ones were too gaudy, and of course, didn't go at all with most skintones. Thanks!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th May 2008 at 7:53 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 24th May 2008 at 10:04 PM.
update - problem was caused by other CC
----------------------------------------
Quote: Originally posted by nea200pl
Firstly, I absolutely love your make up replacements and have them all - they really suit my style of sims. But I have little problem with base game lipsticks replacements - when you click on them they show names (like uu_something) and they have custom content star asterisk both in Body Shop and inside the game and are enabled to be deleted in Body Shop. Both OFB lipsticks and shadows/liners replacements have no such problems at all.
I have all expansions and stuff packs and I have downloaded default files. I put them inside Downloads folder.
I don't know if anyone had similar problem. Or is there any other place than DL folder that I should put them to get rid of name, star and delete button? - I want to use them but I don't want to delete them accidentally.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into this and try to fix it. I do not get this problem, so it is hard for me to debug it at home (have all EPs, all SPs except H&M).

Could you please try moving all CC, except my default lipsticks, out of Downloads, and see if the problem persists or not? (backup up your neighborhoods before you do this, not that I expect anything bad to happen, but its a good idea to back up)

Also, I have the lipsticks in Downloads/makeup/lip, not just in Downloads, but I don't think that should make a difference, putting in just Downloads should work fine (though I haven't checked yet).
Quote: Originally posted by nea200pl
I did some Body Shop checking myself and found what the problem was - good I haven't got much content to go through. Vampire default skin I have downloaded was causing this problem and more specifically little fix allowing original maxis lips layer position to show over vampire skin.
Unfortunately, skin creator did not stated it shouldn't be used with any base game lipsticks defaults. I've removed it and asterisk, name and delete button disappeared.

Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 4:22 AM
Thank you, I love being able to use the "defaults" so I don't have to scroll through a bajillion different lipsticks ^__^
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 5:10 PM
Ooo! Another set of default makeup replacements! I've tried a couple of other default lipstick sets and shuddered because I'm more a fan of Maxis-match than hyper-realism. So I like a more Maxis look, but not the pancake effect some of the Maxis defaults have. These look great, so I'm going to give them a try. Thanks so much!
Theorist
#24 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 3:45 PM
I like these Thanks!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Forum Resident
#25 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 6:01 PM
Page 1 of 2