Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modular Pipe Organ - Custom Sound

by Alexander.Chubaty Posted 21st May 2008 at 2:26 AM - Updated 16th Feb 2009 at 4:26 PM by Alexander.Chubaty : Small usage restatement

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th May 2008 at 2:54 PM
Looks wonderful!!! Also love the look of your concert hall. Thank you so much for haring.
Instructor
#3 Old 30th May 2008 at 3:03 PM
Very cool idea. It looks great. Thanks for uploading it.
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 30th May 2008 at 6:22 PM
Captain Nemo wants this download! Love it.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Forum Resident
#5 Old 30th May 2008 at 9:51 PM
This is absolutely a great idea! The option using several modules to build an organ will surely decorate any church I downloaded during the last years. Thank you for all the work and for sharing it. I'm impressed.
hexameter
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st May 2008 at 2:45 AM
Thank you so much, this is awesome! My dad builds pipe organs so I've been around them all my life and I'm really amazed by the detail here--very impressive.
Alchemist
#7 Old 31st May 2008 at 9:16 AM
Admirable! Thanks,
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st May 2008 at 6:52 PM
I have only 1 thing to say(well 2 things actually) 1. There's already a hack on this website that makes custom sounds for custom instruments. 2. You need to get it fixed, because with or without freetime the foulders and files can't get into my game, and why you might ask? well let's just say I downloaded the files and WinRAR keeps giving pop-up windows, something about the file being corrupt
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hendrey456
I have only 1 thing to say(well 2 things actually) 1. There's already a hack on this website that makes custom sounds for custom instruments. 2. You need to get it fixed, because with or without freetime the foulders and files can't get into my game, and why you might ask? well let's just say I downloaded the files and WinRAR keeps giving pop-up windows, something about the file being corrupt

Have you tried on separate days? If a file is corrupt it won't download that day. Did you download them at the same time? With larger files, if they're being downloaded at the same time, WinRAR will "crash" and neither will work.

Yay evil orange!
(())Pass the ribon around if you know someone who
//\\has died, survived, or is living with cancer
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 7:42 PM
This is ...... stunning. Absolutely awesome organ!
Its much better than the other organs that use the original piano sound.
This deserves 5000000 thanks from me but sadly i can only thank it one time..
Thank you !
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 4:53 AM
Great Work!
Thank you so much for all the time you spent creating this pipe organ, and for the selection of music files to accompany it.
So much flexibility with all the components, the combinations are endless!
I have wanted this object for churches, cathedrals, and theatres.
Thank you also for so generously sharing your wonderful creation with us.

Among Sims 2 content creeators,
I count you as royalty.
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spgirlx13
Have you tried on separate days? If a file is corrupt it won't download that day. Did you download them at the same time? With larger files, if they're being downloaded at the same time, WinRAR will "crash" and neither will work.

Yes, try downloading again. I have always had trouble downloading files from MTS2. I use Firefox with its downloader window. As I watch the byte count increase, suddenly it will read as completed. But when I check the size of the downloaded file it will often fall short of the stated size in the post. I download again and it picks up where it left off. With large files, sometimes I download 5 or more times before the whole thing is on my PC.
I've never had that problem anywhere but here. I don't know why that is, but I just know to keep on until the file on my PC is the same size as stated in the posting, else WinRAR will find that the content is incomplete when it tries to unpack the file.
Instructor
#13 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 8:15 AM
Wow! This is awesome! I love pipe organs! It will make my orchestra complete. Thank you very much for adding custom sound! Am I correct in assuming that the sound package is just put into the downloads folder and that no special installation methods are needed?

As for files downloading corrupted, MTS2 is not the only site I've had that results in the .rar files saying they are missing the header. Anytime my connection gets slow due to high latency (I'm on satellite and it blows) it can corrupt files. The larger the file the higher the chance of corruption. It even happens with Internet Explorer. I think it has to do with the speed of the connection (either from serverside or ISP side).

ps. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone in the path of Ike.
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 4:13 PM
The organsound is fragmented and corrupted in my pc, it don't work!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 6:06 AM
Absolutely marvelous! I won't download it until I can think of making something somewhat as wonderful to go with it. -Clem
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 8:18 PM
great work, but several pipe pieces and wood flutes are missing, as well as the console. the files are in the download but have not showed up in the game at all.

if any of the parts are directly related to bon voyage, i can't use them.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 1:57 AM
WOW!! This is really great! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th May 2009 at 4:24 PM
wow these are fantastic, perfect for my gothic mansion.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gamodogodug
Please make an organ for the Sims 3! That would be so awesome.

I've already got ideas to use some of the Sims 3's capabilities for one that's even better. As soon as the ability to make custom objects is figured out, I'm gonna start. Unfortunately, it may not be playable until they release a piano for the game...
Field Researcher
#20 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 11:08 AM
O___O aweeesomme
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 8:03 PM
how did you do it?i wasnt to put custom guitar sounds on my guitars but i think i did it wrong and the game crashed help
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamodogodug
Any progress on a sims 3 organ?

The modular organ for the sims 3 is now posted and available for download here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384887
Forum Resident
#23 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 12:03 AM
Outstanding!

Thank you.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 25th May 2010 at 3:43 PM Last edited by Train_guy : 7th Feb 2011 at 1:14 AM.
Did you know that I've seen this stuff in a youtube video that shows a sims2 made version of Phantom Manor the ride, and that this organ and it's pieces were used in the ballroom scene?

EDIT on 2/5/11 at 9:23 AM Arizona Time: When I said "Phantom Manor the ride" I was referring to a disney ride that is an victorian-style, french-speaking equivialent to the famous, disney-made, haunted house ride "The Haunted Mansion".

Here are a few links to the videos(more will come soon):

Part 1.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxjAtuHTrdg

Part 2.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK5uM6Mbb_s

Part 3.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZaSM8RWsu8

Try watching all three and you will see!

EDIT on 2/6/11 at 6:15 PM Arizona Time: I also seen in these videos some other downloads from this and other sims 2 websites.

Watch the videos and you'll see what I mean!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 7:02 PM
I installed this in a vanilla game (no other downloads of hacks) and 4 of the objects don't show up in the game. Turret Short.package, Turret Tall.package. Flute Ped.package and Facade Narrow.package are all no-show. I even removed all the other .package files in the set so these four were the only CC in the game and they still don't show up. I see the original creator of the set hasn't been around for almost a year, so I don't expect a fix or an explaination. But if anyone downloads this, you'll know that not all the objects are available in the game. BTW, I have all expansion packs + Mansion & Gardens. I don't have any other stuff packs, so if these four objects were cloned from something in one of those packs, that may be why they don't show. But...the creator says only Uni and BV are required and I have both of those.
Page 1 of 2