Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Aussie Perpendicular - Basegame Shrunk Lot for Testing

by aelflaed Posted 23rd May 2008 at 12:15 PM - Updated 30th Aug 2008 at 9:53 PM by aelflaed : mailbox issue

4 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts
Site Helper
#2 Old 27th May 2008 at 1:44 AM
Played new CAS sim for several days using base game only. No crashes or other signs of corruption.

Several oddities:
- Pizza delivery occurred inside right yard (though the perpendicular wall).
- Sim got mail and put down inside left yard (again, through the wall). Complained a lot.

I suspect that both of these problems occurred because there is so little front yard available.

I also found it odd that all four yards (front, back, left, right) are in shadow. I suppose that this must be because of the balconies?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2008 at 3:50 AM
I think the shadowing is due to the whole lot being roofed over, other than the back yard - which is on the shadow side anyway.

This lot originally had the mailbox against the wall near the door, but I moved it back to the street, because the moving-in sims ended up stuck behind the walls on the left side.

I expect this is related to your oddity with pizza and mail. And yes, I suppose the minimal amount of front yard is at fault.

So, for future buildings, another line of grid could be left in the front. Or allow access thorugh a door or gate, for the sims to get in and out of those side areas when necessary.

Thanks for your feedback.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th May 2008 at 9:09 AM
Hi aelflaed . I put this lot through the same testing as plasticbox's test lot and had no crashes - so to me at least it seems as if the one tile border is safe. I had the same mail issue as Mootilda and I think I'd agree it is to do with the lack of space at the front.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th May 2008 at 9:25 AM
Hello Rascal! Thanks for testing. I didn't notice any mail issues, but now that I think about it, I only tested this one for 24 hours, not several days as usual - so no mail was delivered.