Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cold/Hot water shower

by Kabuto Posted 26th May 2008 at 11:28 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2011 at 1:47 PM by Kabuto : Links updated

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th May 2008 at 2:15 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 27th May 2008 at 5:54 PM. Reason: Is a "Thanks" post
I've longed for this hack since Seasons! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for taking the time to make this!
Scholar
#3 Old 27th May 2008 at 2:21 PM
hey sounds great - I have always wondered about why only hot showers myself. I will try this out and hope it works!! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th May 2008 at 3:30 PM
Cool idea! Will test it out thanks
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th May 2008 at 6:02 PM
Well now that's a neat idea. I try to avoid hacks in my game but might just have to download this one. Since it, ya know, makes sense and stuff. Thanks!

(Also, 30° Simsius?) *cracks up*
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th May 2008 at 6:31 PM
Awesome! Glad to see you finished this. Can't wait to try it!

Fred

If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the world stupidity? - Greg Graffin
Instructor
#7 Old 27th May 2008 at 6:35 PM Last edited by knightguy82 : 27th May 2008 at 7:25 PM.
hhmm neat idea

i tryed it with my Outside Communal Beach Shower an your options didnt show up they just showered in hot water

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Not actually evil.
#8 Old 27th May 2008 at 6:42 PM
Thanks for this. Showers making sims hotter in summer was so silly. I saw your thread in mod discussion and I'm glad you got this working, good job! I'm really glad the shower makes an intelligent choice for autonomous showers, that's very useful.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th May 2008 at 7:34 PM
Thanks for this mod! I always wondered why noone made a cold shower for the hot sims!

Thanks again!
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th May 2008 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
hhmm neat idea

i tryed it with my Outside Communal Beach Shower an your options didnt show up they just showered in hot water

Well, it's true, your object doesn't use the global game interaction.
But I think the real Outside Communal Beach Shower have always cold water .

Thank you to report it.
Theorist
#11 Old 27th May 2008 at 8:48 PM
Awesome!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 27th May 2008 at 8:57 PM
good idea!

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:48 PM
Thanks so much! I was tired of my sims having near heatstroke and all that was available to them was a drink from the sink, or the refrigerator.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th May 2008 at 1:13 AM
Sweet! I like this mod!

The height of innovation sometimes comes at the peak of laziness.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th May 2008 at 1:36 AM
What a great idea! Another who couldn't understand why it was never added with Seasons, but then EA forget a lot of daft things. Like, you know, adding Pets functions to GLS items, or making FT/Seasons options available to K&B furniture if one has the EPs, that kinda thing

Thanks for this, will make my Strangetown sims very happy, that's for sure

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th May 2008 at 2:32 AM
Awesome! Now my Sims won't drink themselves to bloating in an attempt to cool down!

It would be hilarious if it were coded so that taking a cold shower made Romance Wants disappear from the Wants panel. heh
Alchemist
#17 Old 28th May 2008 at 6:53 AM
Thank you for a very intelligent mod!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th May 2008 at 7:26 AM
Default Not working for me...
Hey, tried this out and it doesn't seem to be working for me. I have it in my downloads folder but nothing new is coming up option wise under any shower I try. I have all major expansion packs, and the stuff packs FFS, GLS, & CS. The only thing that comes to mind is that I have used an object editing application I got at simwardrobe.com called "The Sim 2 Categorizer." Used it to reprice some of my showers a while back. But I don't think that this should effect a global mod like yours.

Anyway, any feedback on why it's not working for me would be great!

Thanks,

Fred

If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the world stupidity? - Greg Graffin
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th May 2008 at 7:27 AM
Just a suggestion, but is it possible for the cold shower to also give a small bonus to your energy level as well?

A cold shower always wakes me up in the morning.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 28th May 2008 at 10:16 AM
oh, this is a really clever idea! my sims often overheat after jogging...now they can cool down with this! great job!!!! thanks a lot!!!!
Instructor
#21 Old 28th May 2008 at 3:10 PM
Great idea! Thanks for sharing it.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 28th May 2008 at 5:58 PM
"Cool" idea! Thanks for sharing!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Test Subject
#23 Old 31st May 2008 at 11:13 AM
I love this. I don't use many hacks but this one I just had to have.

Rosie
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st May 2008 at 11:29 AM
Haha! Nice Hack!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#25 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 1:11 PM
I had an idea someone finally make a cold/hot shower.

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Page 1 of 3