Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All Adult/Y.A. Clothes made available for Young Adults, Adults, and Elders! (TS2 - AL)

by Sim-Wolf Posted 4th Jun 2008 at 8:49 PM - Updated 15th May 2009 at 5:42 PM by Sim-Wolf

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 94 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 8:49 PM
Oh this is fantastic! Thank you so much for this, as it'll bring much needed variety for my elder sims :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 8:55 PM
oh men good job! i was finding a lot of clothes =D
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 10:31 PM
oh, that is great! this will save exactly 20,9 mb for me. That's the amount of maxis adult cloths recategorized for elders I have downloaded so far one by one. now I get everything for everyone for the price of almost nothing (measured in disk space)! yay, thank you! I believe you that amount of work was a bit boring.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 10:42 PM
i wish i could thank you more than once. it's always a pain to find clothing for elders, but this is awesome!
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 10:44 PM
thank you! i hated having such limited elder choices!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 11:40 PM
Oh, this is great! Thank you so much for sharing. Never noticed the rainbow shirt before in game, and I must say I like it quite a lot.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 12:42 AM
Lovely, thank you so much!!
Is their a way to download them without removing the already existing elder clothes?
Instructor
#9 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 7:51 AM
Wow! Such a small file to do so much! Thank you, this sounds absolutley fantastic
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 8:57 AM
This is brilliant! I've been waiting for something like this for a while. Now I don't need to wait anymore xD

By the way, I think the word you're thinking of instead of "wrecked" is "corrupt"

One question, so the delete icons don't show up, can we put the files into C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\"latest EP"\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins instead of the downloads folder?

Thanks so much! ^^

Edit: How is it this isn't a featured download? :O
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 9:13 AM
Very useful, thank you!
Scholar
#12 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 2:54 PM
Yay I Love This Hack I Had Been Useing The Clothing Equality Hack For A While But Hated That It Had None Of The Newer Outfit's So Thank You A Ton!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inuyasha_babe
This is brilliant! I've been waiting for something like this for a while. Now I don't need to wait anymore xD

By the way, I think the word you're thinking of instead of "wrecked" is "corrupt"

One question, so the delete icons don't show up, can we put the files into C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\"latest EP"\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins instead of the downloads folder?

Thanks so much! ^^

Edit: How is it this isn't a featured download? :O

Hmm, that's quite a good question. I know most (if not all) clothing mods have a side affect of making the delete icon show up, but I don't have a clue about putting it in the actual programs folder. However, I think it would be safe to stick with putting it in the downloads folder, as putting it in the programs folder would probably cause a disaster. (I've never tried it). I've also heard that the delete icon was caused by the Pets EP, but I'm not sure. But if I was you, I'd keep the mod in the downloads folder.
And yeah, that's the word "corrupt". Completely missed it. lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jojoryan
Lovely, thank you so much!!
Is their a way to download them without removing the already existing elder clothes?

Hey, jojoryan. My mod only hides the elder clothes which share the same textures as the adult clothes but just have a different body shape. All the clothes which are Elder-Only such as Mortimor Goth's Red Bow-tie outfit, are not hidden, and can still be chosen in CAS and bought from Clothing Racks.

However, if you also want all the Elder matching clothes to show up too, just let me know either by replying to this post or sending me a PM, and I'll just remove all the Elder files out of my package, and I'll upload another version for people who want the elder matching clothes still available.

Oh by the way, I have already included a version for the base game which doesn't hide elder matching clothes. (The "Don't Hide Elder Matches" one). I made that for people who can't stand the custom content sign in CAS Debug mode. So its really only the EP and SP clothes which hide the elder matching outfits. (And there's not much matching outfits in EPs or SPs).

Sorry if I've confused you. :S
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 5:26 PM
This is way cool!...now, if only we could use this for custom content without taking days in SimPe...wow. But you are great for doing this. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 5:32 PM
Omg. OMG! Thankyou!
I do have all eps and all sp on my other pc but recentley i am lap top!
I CANNOT NOT DESCRIBE HOW MUCH I WANT TO THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU!

How did you do this? I thought each file would be like an hour long to download, but like, they were only one second! THANKYOU SO MUCH! U ROCK!
Theorist
#17 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 8:01 PM
awesome thanks you!!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 11:54 PM
Outstanding!

Thank you.
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 2:09 PM
Amazing! I hated how adults who had remained fit throughout their lives suddenly went so saggy and such when they became elders! Thanks very much!

And someone asked the question about putting the files in the Bins folder.. I've done that and they still work fine.. with the "Delete" button disabled. Well, they work ok in Body Shop right now, I'm loading up my game shortly and will see how things hold up then.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 3:15 PM
Sim-Wolf

I told you people would love this mod! I bow down to you for all your hard work. Excellent!! Love it Love it!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim-Wolf
Hmm, that's quite a good question. I know most (if not all) clothing mods have a side affect of making the delete icon show up, but I don't have a clue about putting it in the actual programs folder. However, I think it would be safe to stick with putting it in the downloads folder, as putting it in the programs folder would probably cause a disaster. (I've never tried it). I've also heard that the delete icon was caused by the Pets EP, but I'm not sure. But if I was you, I'd keep the mod in the downloads folder.

Alright. What I'll do is I'll back up all my neighbourhoods, downloads, saved sims, etc. and I'll test it in my Bins folder. I'll let you know how things pane out afterwards
Quote:
And yeah, that's the word "corrupt". Completely missed it. lol.

Lol. The funny this is you used it in the following paragraph xD
Quote: Originally posted by xox_loey
And someone asked the question about putting the files in the Bins folder.. I've done that and they still work fine.. with the "Delete" button disabled. Well, they work ok in Body Shop right now, I'm loading up my game shortly and will see how things hold up then.

As I suspected, the downloads do work fine. I'll test it myself and if they work out alright, others will be able to put them in their Bins folders as well.

Once again, thanks for this wonderful download! :D
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 11:14 AM
Thank you so much for spending so much time on doing these, I have only used the 'university clothing' one, as I have always wanted the unversity clothes for 'adults', and thanks to you I now have them all and the 'KB' is so low, it's awesome.
I have deleted lots of clothes now due to your wonderful work on this and I am so happy, thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topaz777
Thank you so much for spending so much time on doing these, I have only used the 'university clothing' one, as I have always wanted the unversity clothes for 'adults', and thanks to you I now have them all and the 'KB' is so low, it's awesome.
I have deleted lots of clothes now due to your wonderful work on this and I am so happy, thank you so much.

Hehe. I'm glad to help I was also able to make some of the Uni PJs, Undies, Athleticwear, and Swimwear available for teens. But its a bit different to this. I only realised that those certain clothes shared the same mesh as the basic PJs, Undies, Athleticwear, and Swimwear from the base game, so I was able to "recolour" the teen versions with the University textures. Of course, they show up as Custom Content though. (I have them up for download at my fansite if you're interested. www.freewebs.com/sim-wolfdownloads
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inuyasha_babe
Alright. What I'll do is I'll back up all my neighbourhoods, downloads, saved sims, etc. and I'll test it in my Bins folder. I'll let you know how things pane out afterwards

Lol. The funny this is you used it in the following paragraph xD

As I suspected, the downloads do work fine. I'll test it myself and if they work out alright, others will be able to put them in their Bins folders as well.

Once again, thanks for this wonderful download! :D

Hmmm. I never had a clue about the Bins folder. I never even knew what it was for. But I think you might be onto something. I wonder putting the base game version of my mod in the base game's Bins folder will stop the CC sign showing in Debug Mode? I know how to fix that problem, but it will take a while.

And yeah. I noticed that too. I think I never knew I was looking for the word "corrupt" when I was trying to think of the word instead of "wrecked". lol.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim-Wolf
Hmmm. I never had a clue about the Bins folder. I never even knew what it was for. But I think you might be onto something. I wonder putting the base game version of my mod in the base game's Bins folder will stop the CC sign showing in Debug Mode? I know how to fix that problem, but it will take a while.

I'm starting to become a regular poster in this thread

I had no idea what it was at first either. But a lot of the mods I'd downloaded by Phaenoh had been specifically asked to be placed in the Bins folder. I still don't know what it's for but I'm guessing it's something to do with replacing Maxis defaults or similar...

As for putting the base game version in your base game folder if you already EPs, I don't know if it'll work or not. I think, for the sake of saving your game from excruciating pain and suffering, I'd avoid doing so. Unless you just have the base game installed, it should be okay. But I think I read somewhere that you should ALWAYS put files [that have been expressed to be specifically put] in your Bins folder located in the folder of your latest EP (not SP, EP). I don't know if it'll corrupt your game but I think it might be harmful. Sorry if I've confused you. I've sort of confused myself...

Okay, onto the fun stuff. The file I downloaded was "The Sims 2 Clothing for Y.A. to Elders (V1)" and I tested it in my Bins folder. So far everything is A-OK. All of the adult/young adult clothes appear for the elders and some NPC clothing also appears for all three ages. The are no delete and CC icons. Yay!

The only thing is the elders are missing some of their original pjs and underwear I don't know if there might be some conflict with other mods I have which do basically the same thing as this does. I realised I left them in my downloads folder AFTER I started up my game. I'll delete them now and try again.

But so far, things are looking good!
Page 1 of 5