Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Taxi charges money *UPDATED to v1.1*

by dickhurt Posted 11th Jun 2008 at 3:00 PM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 7:26 PM by dickhurt : update version

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 10:22 PM
this hack'll be also pretty useful and makes the game a little bit more realistic and challenging....thanks again!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 10:33 PM
This is really neat I remember in the Sims 1 that they charged for rides, you know I actually never paid attention to the fact that the Sims 2 didn't have it! Would it be possible to charge a bit though? Thank you so much!
Alchemist
#4 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 11:04 PM
Thank you, I've always thought it was ridiculous taxi rides were free, when in real life it's bloody expensive.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 1:37 AM
TashaFaun, there are instructions in the readme file on how to set the amount charged to anything you want. I think that $5 is too little even. Maybe $10 or $20 would be better.
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 2:01 AM
Neat! But what about sims moving out or going to college? What if they can't afford the taxi?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Neat! But what about sims moving out or going to college? What if they can't afford the taxi?

As the picture says, no fare no ride!

Yeah, I've no idea. Just wanted to be an @$$.
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 8:03 AM
good idea at least my poor sims can still walk
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 12:22 PM
I actually just tested this with moving a Sim out of the house, and it does not charge for that taxi trip. It probably will not charge for the taxi to take teens off the college either.
Instructor
#10 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 2:19 PM
You know, I was thinking about that yesterday. This is just what I need.
Thank you very much for this!
Instructor
#11 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 10:41 PM
great but i think its still a little cheap! but great idear i think you should add more files on to here with diffrent charging amounts
Not actually evil.
#12 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 3:54 AM
d4nny The readme file explains how to change the price.

dickhurt Thanks for checking the move out ride thingie. If I have any problems wiwth sims going to college, I'll let you know, but I'm thinking it will work fine.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
#13 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
Thank you, I've always thought it was ridiculous taxi rides were free, when in real life it's bloody expensive.

Well, I can see why EAxis did it. After all, in the base game, up until Nightlife, the Taxi was the only option to leave the lot. There were no cars except for when you took the carpool. Of course, now that there are more options (driving to a lot/walking to a lot(NL&BV respectively) it now makes sense to start charging for the Taxi whereas it didn't before.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 5:48 PM
Super to patch , 50 § will be better
Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 8:44 AM
Seems like a great hack. Thanks!

"why everything that's 'posed to be bad make me feel so good???" -kanye west
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 11:08 PM Last edited by dickhurt : 13th Oct 2008 at 7:29 PM.
Updated to v1.1, so get it while it's hot!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 8:57 AM
Uuh... The new version is a little bit complicated ! And I've noticed that the first version of it wasn't compatible with Better Phone Message. I didn't know if this new version is...

But, great job ! Some Sims will hate you for the rest of your (and theirs) days
Mad Poster
#18 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 8:59 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 27th Sep 2008 at 9:09 AM.
Where do I find df_game_edition_addon.package and df_budget_transact_addon.package? I tried searching for "edition" and "transact" respectively, but nothing showed up?

eta: Nevermind, I noticed your post about InSIMenator, so I went there and found them.
Typical
#19 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 6:49 PM
What happens if you've got no simoleons on a community lot?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:01 PM
I just wanted to mention that this mod does not work if you have the "Service Taxi Replacement" by hexameter installed. The taxi fails to show up altogether. I removed the mod by hexameter and it worked fine and vice versa. Guess the two mods just don't like each other ... lol. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else out there has the horse and carriage installed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 7:32 PM
Thank you I always hate how sims get everything for free and get ridiculously rich before they get old :S
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius

NOT. THE. POINT.

In the real world, you have to earn money. I like these hacks, because they create REALISM.
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 12:03 PM
Can this be rebuild for "The Sims 3"?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 6:21 AM
plz make a non rar version of this so i can get it! i always hate how sims get it so easy, like how u only need to refil the fridge every other GENERATION for only 20 bucks!
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 4:10 PM
Could you make this for the sims 3? I've looked everywhere for something similar :/
Page 1 of 2