Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Diligent Visitor Controller 080712 B

by christianlov Posted 16th Jun 2008 at 12:25 AM - Updated 18th Jul 2008 at 2:10 PM by christianlov

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 9:11 PM
This is an awesome idea! I can't wait to try it out!
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 9:39 PM
Yea! Thanks so much. Now those loitering sims can be put to work; i just can't stand random visitors with nothing good to do, lol.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 10:00 PM
This was my favourite hack until you dissappeared. Fortunately is upgraded, wow. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 10:47 PM
Thank you! I've always loved this one!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 1:19 AM
This will be fantastic for those pesky college kids in University that just walk into your home uninvited!! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 2:27 AM
Oh this is great,thank you for sharing.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 3:02 AM
Yeah, put those bums to work! Great mod! Thank you!
Scholar
#9 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 9:06 AM
Thank you ! I wish I have such an object in real... I could make use of it. ;-)

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pixelhate
Thank you ! I wish I have such an object in real... I could make use of it. ;-)

I have no doubt everybody had the same thought!! Christian rules!!:D

Visit (site in portuguese):
http://www.thesims2elitte.kinghost.net/
Scholar
#11 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 3:09 PM
Good idea, thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 6:45 PM
Could you make a teen babysit with it?

I'm naturally blond, so please speak slowly...
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 1:57 PM
Hee-hee! Thanks, this is terrific! Now I can make those visiting Sims earn their keep, as opposed to them coming in and eating my Sim out of house and home, and playing with their stuff! Hello, weed removal from the garden and leaf-raking for the compost bin! >:D
Theorist
#14 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 3:01 PM
awesome! thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 5:54 AM
This is going to be great to have those lazy visitors to get away from the musical instrument's and work.
Thanks for creating the most thought of mods out here.
Instructor
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 2:52 AM
I use the scheduler option a lot and it is great to have the house cleaned while we are at work. Now I have a question. At times the cleaner says the house is spick and span and goes away. Now I know that there are beds to be made and bathrooms to be cleaned. Is it because they can't get through those doors that are marked "locked, allow household only"? Anyway, welcome back. You were missed.
Instructor
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 10:55 AM
I have enabled visitors to make all types of cleaning services when on visit, but has the disadvantage that I cannot pay them for the services. It would require to make a price for all types of work and it would make it to pay also for residents. Too complicated. I suppose that it won't be any conflict with your mod once it deals on an object. I'm particularly interested on the pay part. As you said it is connected to "Summon" or "schedule", but it seems combinable.
Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
I use the scheduler option a lot and it is great to have the house cleaned while we are at work. Now I have a question. At times the cleaner says the house is spick and span and goes away. Now I know that there are beds to be made and bathrooms to be cleaned. Is it because they can't get through those doors that are marked "locked, allow household only"? Anyway, welcome back. You were missed.

yes, please unlock doors they can not go through locked doors, because they don't belong to the current household and they are not npcs either.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gotjuh
Could you make a teen babysit with it?

no, babysitting isn't supported
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 5:09 PM
Thank you for putting this up and having updated it. Is it possible to make them train animals too (the obiediance trainer)?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 2:32 PM
Hi, me again. Just used the new pay function. It's all well except that the pay does not get added to the payee's (the worker) family funds. I used a playable.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lion
Hi, me again. Just used the new pay function. It's all well except that the pay does not get added to the payee's (the worker) family funds. I used a playable.

i have a question, i still don't know about this, but when you give tips to maxis npcs, is that really added to their personal pocket or is it just vanished into the air? any idea?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#23 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 6:42 PM
I think it just disappears. And I don't think on owned businesses the staff get to keep their wages either - it just leaves the owner's funds. The staff rely on what they get when they go to work (as Employee career) from their home. But I would really like a hack for that too. I want (and would make if I wasn't so lazy) a complete global hack for pay so that it always gets added to a counting item in the inventory of that individual sim, instead of going into household funds. Then the player can decide how much each sim should contribute to household funds. (Or have them pay rent)

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I think it just disappears. And I don't think on owned businesses the staff get to keep their wages either - it just leaves the owner's funds. The staff rely on what they get when they go to work (as Employee career) from their home. But I would really like a hack for that too. I want (and would make if I wasn't so lazy) a complete global hack for pay so that it always gets added to a counting item in the inventory of that individual sim, instead of going into household funds. Then the player can decide how much each sim should contribute to household funds. (Or have them pay rent)

ah~~ i see and your idea (the inventory one) is so great and creative!!! it's so concrete, clear and very reasonable. so i can have a check in my inventory and when i am on my lot, i can change it for simoleons... fantastic idea!!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christianlov
i have a question, i still don't know about this, but when you give tips to maxis npcs, is that really added to their personal pocket or is it just vanished into the air? any idea?

Some do and some don't. Makeover chair does not deduct the amount paid from the customer's funds (even playables). But the tip the customers sometimes give to the hair stylist does get deducted from their fund.

Hourly wages paid to employees of owned businesses do go to the employee's fund. (Inge, they do keep the money. That's how I run my economic system. When I play the employees, I deduct their salary when they come home from work.)

As for NPCs (maid, repairman, nanny etc.), the money probably vanishes. (I never marry in npcs.) But nowadays I don't use them, thanks to Christainlov's all-in-one and now this worker mirror (although not mirror any more).

Inge, your individual account is definitly the most wanted, at least on my book. If it records any/all transactions (as student, as worker, as employee, as owner, as customer), the makeover chair problem can be solved, and apartments (not the Eaxis version) can be better managed.
Page 1 of 2