Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix - Missing FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2009/01/09) Made IKEA clock fully usable

by Lord Darcy Posted 25th Jun 2008 at 1:10 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:08 AM by Lord Darcy : v1.01: Made IKEA clock fully usable. Elders can watch IKEA TV while lounging on the sofa.

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 3:01 PM
Great to know you get to fix things before I can even buy them in my country
Stupid people are stupid
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 3:12 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I was wondering what was going on with that tv thumbnail.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 3:21 PM
Wow, I didn't even know this was out yet! Thank you for the fix, I'll keep it in mind for when I get my copy.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 3:37 PM
Absolutely fantastic! I think I have all your fixes - and so fast. Thank you so much. :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 3:43 PM
Your the best!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 4:06 PM
"Known issue:

I think EAxis deliberately disabled pie menu of IKEA alarm clock, making it purely decorative. Mesh is too large, so Sim's hand will pass right through the clock when they interact with it. This clock also lacks "broken state" mesh, so it will revert to base game cheap alarm clock when it's broken."

Unbelievable. Talk about half-ars... you rule, my man. Er, my lord.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 4:14 PM
Thank you! I was going to fix this, but you did it much better than I did! (besides, it would have taken me forever since I'm just a novice at SimPE...=_=)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 4:34 PM
This seems to be a tradition now. EA always makes foolish ignorant mistakes as per usual, and someone comes along to fix it. That's where you come in! Great stuff.

When will EA ever learn, we creators are more skilled than they are!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 5:26 PM
Holy cow that was quick! Thanks so much, LD! It's wonderful that we can count on you to fix these things ....just as reliably as we can count on EA to break 'em.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 7:15 PM
The Community is so lucky to have you, LD! Thanks again for your hard work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 7:37 PM
Thanks a lot, LD! I'm planning to order Ikea home stuff soon, so this will be very useful!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 7:53 PM
What a good thing it is to have you around and your ever watchful eye on the lesser ones. (we all know who) Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 8:33 PM
Eaxis is complete crap now. I hope anyone who downloads any of LD's fixes doesn't buy the Sims 3 in protest. Look at how many things they forget.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 8:38 PM
Fantastic! Saved once again by Lord Darcy before I even own the game.
Is there any chance of you releasing a version of this fix that doesn't include the updated clock though? Or PMing me instructions on how to remove that bit myself?
I'm quite happy for the clock to be decorative and the hand passing through it would annoy me more than the lacking options.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Is there any chance of you releasing a version of this fix that doesn't include the updated clock though? Or PMing me instructions on how to remove that bit myself?
I'm quite happy for the clock to be decorative and the hand passing through it would annoy me more than the lacking options.

Deleting OBJD for the alarm clock will do.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#17 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 8:53 PM
Thank you once again. EAxis continues to sink to new lows. I don't know why I even bother to get disappointed anymore.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 9:06 PM
I love you!! lol
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 9:09 PM
Great work. Don't forget to send EA/xis the invoice.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 10:47 PM
i'll buy this SP not later than next week...and this is a very useful fix! i'll bookmark it and come back soon! thanks lord darcy!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 11:09 PM
You're so fast . thanks
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 11:58 PM
LOL -- I keep finding out the stuff packs are out when I l see LD's fixes

Which is the best way, since then I can fix em as soon as they're installed.

<3 Lord Darcy! and </3 EA :p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 12:59 AM
Thank you! Without you, my game just wouldn't work right.

It's just sad that EA keeps making the same mistake over and over again. If I did that at work, I'd be fired!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 1:48 AM
What would we do without you to clean up Maxis' messes? You're awesome!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:26 AM
Great job! Thanks too! I was the first person to receive/buy IKEA Home Stuff I beleive in my state...
Page 1 of 3