Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims Store Formal Clothing as Formal Clothing!

by Richi3frog Posted 3rd Jul 2008 at 9:10 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2009 at 12:19 AM by Richi3frog

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 5:14 PM
Hey where did u get the blue, pink, and yellow dresses with the gloves?!? those are so CUTE! (reply back plz) and thx for this this will be GREAT lol srry for caps

monkeys will rule the world!!! @(^.^)@!!!!
Theorist
#3 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 5:19 PM
They made you pay and yet they didn't even categorize it right...
-Thanks

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 5:22 PM
Maxis just doesn't care at all. They could do it right, but they just don't bother. Maddening. Thanks for the fix.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by feerthetime
Hey where did u get the blue, pink, and yellow dresses with the gloves?!? those are so CUTE! (reply back plz) and thx for this this will be GREAT lol srry for caps

I'm pretty sure they are from The Sims Store. Read the installation rules for a like to that website. <3
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Maxis just doesn't care at all. They could do it right, but they just don't bother. Maddening. Thanks for the fix.

YES... Unless I just missed it (entirely possible) an actual collections file for their rather costly new collections would have been nice too. ;-)
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 6:12 PM Last edited by Mellisenda : 4th Jul 2008 at 9:19 PM.
Actually, that dress set (blue, pink, and yellow mermaid style with long gloves) was one of the Pre-order Bonuses for The Sims 2 Double Deluxe game, as was the short black satin one next to it. The long blue strapless gown next to the black one was a pre-order bonus for the Celebration Stuff Pack. Those three dresses are not available from The Sims 2 Store since the Pre-order Bonus items are free bonus downloads from EA only available for pre-ordering their games from certain retailers prior to their releases. For example:

http://thesims2.ea.com/getcoolstuff...eType=DDMERMAID

Richi3frog, nice job on the recategorization.

Melissa
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mellisenda
That dress set (blue, pink, and yellow with gloves) was actually one of the bonus downloads from The Sims 2 Double Deluxe game, not The Sims 2 Store. Nice job on the recategorization.

As near as I can see, that's what the Sim 2 Store is Mellisenda. They have downloads of objects, hair etc. from all the expansion packs and allow you to buy just what you want. They have some exclusive sets too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 9:53 PM
Mellisenda is right, the blue, pink, and yellow dress with gloves is a pre-order bonus from The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, also the black satin dress. And the other blue dress was from The Sims 2 Celebration Stuff.

I just modified the files so they don't show the custom content star and showed Celebration Stuff badge.

Visit my new site: Sims MX
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 11:54 PM
I want those dresses!
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Richi3frog
I just modified the files so they don't show the custom content star and showed Celebration Stuff badge.

Great work,
How do you modify the files so the custom content star isn't there I want to do that to all my pre-orders.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 5:23 AM
Jeez! The Sims Store is a huge rip off and they can't even categorize the clothing right. It takes a Sim fan to do an EA job yet again. I've seen all of those pre-order exclusive items being distributed on some free site, too..
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 6:20 AM
The Sims Store is really ridiculous. They're truly milking this for what it's worth.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mellisenda
Actually, that dress set (blue, pink, and yellow mermaid style with long gloves) was one of the Pre-order Bonuses for The Sims 2 Double Deluxe game, as was the short black satin one next to it. The long blue strapless gown next to the black one was a pre-order bonus for the Celebration Stuff Pack. Those three dresses are not available from The Sims 2 Store since the Pre-order Bonus items are free bonus downloads from EA only available for pre-ordering their games from certain retailers prior to their releases. For example:

http://thesims2.ea.com/getcoolstuff...eType=DDMERMAID

Oh, I see <3. Thanks for clearing it up for me!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 1:27 PM
Thankyou for this, Richi3frog!

Everyone, please keep your comments to technical or thanks, instead of debating the ethics or quality of the EA Store. If you wish to debate or discuss that, there are threads over on the Sims2Community site for that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDFrankFan
Great work,
How do you modify the files so the custom content star isn't there I want to do that to all my pre-orders.

I'll post a tutorial on that in a few minutes, maybe an hour or two.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 8:42 PM
Here is the tutorial. Have fun decostumizing you custom content clothing!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Decostumizing_Custom_Content.zip (68.3 KB, 52 downloads)

Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 1:57 AM
Thanks so much, Richi3frog!!
Instructor
#19 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 10:18 AM
Have followed your link and ended up in an EA site with "Buy now" for old game items.
What does it mean? Now you have to buy EVERY game item separatedly?
Is MTS2 going to support recolors and adjustments of pay items, just because they are from official site?
Do you know how much every item costs?
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 11:48 AM
Be aware, Simmers international that you can only buy items from the Store if you live in the US or Canada. How useless is that?

Of all the things I've lost over the years, it's my mind I miss most.
Instructor
#21 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by riever49
Be aware, Simmers international that you can only buy items from the Store if you live in the US or Canada. How useless is that?

>.< i can't have them.... anyway, thanks for this mod, i hate when formals show as everyday, i'd never use formals as everyday... if i could have these dresses i would so download this. i'm sure that people that have those dresses find this mod very useful^^

hi!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 12:54 PM
the dresses are really beautiful... :lovestruc but if i even could get them, i wouldn´t spend so much money for it i think...
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 2:35 AM
xptl297 i dont think we will have to purchase items for the EP thats why we pay so much money for the interactions and stuff but for those who didnt like certain eps they can download items they really wanted on the site.
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 8:29 AM
I have 4 different colored afdressbaroque. Do I need to catagorize these myself because there are 4 colors? Or does your one file make all recolors catagorize as you have stated above when it is put in the bin file?
Thanks,
Twink

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twink
I have 4 different colored afdressbaroque. Do I need to catagorize these myself because there are 4 colors? Or does your one file make all recolors catagorize as you have stated above when it is put in the bin file?
Thanks,
Twink

The file ''afbodydressbaroque'' recategorizes the four colors of the baroque dress.

Page 1 of 2