Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 12:36 PM Last edited by Eep : 9th Jul 2008 at 1:52 PM. Reason: attached log, more info, link

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Unknown cinematic error
I am getting an "Unknown cinematic error" when a sim of mine gives birth. Sometimes I don't even get the error but, either way, after the "stork is getting his bearings" (whatever) message, the baby icon appears on the GUI but the baby does not appear in the 3D window and I cannot click the baby's icon or control it in any way (and the sims do not autonomously try to interact with it).

Any ideas what could be causing this? I have all expansion/stuff packs and many hacks/mods, objects, etc. installed. I took out what I think might be causing it but I just don't know (and don't feel like doing the 50% method described in the help since that would take a long time).

I did use the "accelerate pregnancy" option in TwoJeff's Sim Blender but I had this error occur with a normal pregnancy too so I doubt that object is causing this error.

Attached is the error log generated.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_F001_t2058477.zip (20.1 KB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 12:48 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.
Have you actually gone through the Game Problem FAQ and determined that it is indeed an issue with custom content? If not, you need to do that first... and if it is, the Problem Custom Content FAQ has several things to try first before you have to do the 50% method. Even if you can take out unlikely stuff first like walls and lipsticks, etc., it can significantly cut down on the time to do the 50% method. And it really doesn't take -that- long anyway as you are loading with less and less content each time.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.