Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Eco Friendly Solar Panels by CC Designs ***Updated with Base Game Compatible Ground Panels***

by Charisa1114 Posted 12th Jul 2008 at 2:38 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2008 at 3:28 AM by Charisa1114 : Fixed Ground Solar Panels

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 2:03 PM
this is cool for my eco-sims!!! thanks!!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 2:09 PM
Wonderful idea! Thank you!

Sims is just fun and every custom content should be available for FREE.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:01 PM
excellent!! Thanks!
Instructor
#5 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:09 PM
Neat! Can't wait to try these out!
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:29 PM
These are great! I love making houses for my sims that are eco-friendly, and this will put the finishing touch on a lot of houses.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:59 PM
Wow, I was just looking for this kind of thing a couple days ago. Thanks a bunch.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 4:42 PM
This is such a great idea! Thank you!
Not actually evil.
#9 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 4:52 PM
Great! I really like that they are functional, not just decorative.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 7:02 PM
Wow, I am really impressed! Truly brilliant. And thanks for sharing

do the ska
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 6:02 AM
Ah! Awesome!
Since I can't afford *cough* REAL solar panels, it's good to keep my Simmies eco-friendly.
Where's a good dose of motherlode when you need it? XD
Instructor
#12 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 12:53 PM
Awesome! It actually reduces bills? How, and by how much?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 3:12 PM
Great idea, do they give you extra points with the garden club?

Life is a curious game..
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 8:12 PM
Ok, I downloaded your files a couple of days ago with much enthusiasm, however I also went on a bit of a download splurge before playing and trying these out ingame. Anyway they sat in my downloads folder for a while, until today my game crashed while I was browsing the far end of the decor folder. I went through a manual error-check in my downloads folder which took me about an hour or two until I end up with my game still crashing and one file in my downloads folder. I've checked that my game runs without anything in the downloads folder. The file is groundsolarpanelbyccdesigns.package, which I remembered enough to return to this post to tell you my problem, which I now have.
I'm not filing a complaint in doing this, I'm just trying to notify you, for all I know this is an isolated incident.
Just for troubleshooting purposes, I'll tell you that I'm running all episodes of The Sims 2 [Deluxe through Freetime], no life story packs and no stuffpacks save for TeenStyle Stuff.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm just a tester at best...
Field Researcher
#15 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 5:40 AM
This object just made my game crash too. I have all EPs and the following SPs: Holiday, Celebration, Teen, H&M, K&B (if that helps).
Instructor
#16 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 7:28 AM
can you tell us how much they cost ingame please
and im goign to wait for a while waiting for the crashing error to be sorted out

but it looks totaly awsame and a fantastic idear!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 8:38 AM Last edited by UserLaura76 : 16th Jul 2008 at 7:36 PM. Reason: Added extra information.
The groundsolarpanelbyccdesigns.package has caused my game to crash too. The log error states that the Instruction data is not readable -- Unable to get the EIP. I haven't a clue what that means though but I hope it helps you in fixing it. I have all the EP's and SP's to date.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 12:05 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure what is going on there. They work okay on my computer and as far as I know they worked when they checked the upload to approve it. I'll look into it and see if I can find the problem. I recommend no one downloads the ground solar panels for now. Has anyone had any problem with the roof panels?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 2:12 AM
The problem with the ground solar panels was that when I made them, I had Sims 2 Store edition installed. When I uninstalled it and tried to use the ground solar panels, my game crashed also. I am no longer using the Sims 2 Store edition and I recommend that any other creators use caution when creating objects with it installed. SimPE is not compatible with it yet.

The new version of the ground solar panel was created and tested without the Store Edition installed. They should work fine now.

Once again I am sooooo sorry for any inconvenience this has caused anybody!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d4nny
can you tell us how much they cost ingame please
and im goign to wait for a while waiting for the crashing error to be sorted out

but it looks totaly awsame and a fantastic idear!

The roof solar panels each cost $140 and the ground ones cost $500. They should probably cost a lot more, but I think they should be cheap. It should not cost so much to help the environment. Also I left the roof ones cheaper, so it would not cost a lot if you wanted to put them across the whole roof.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gwenke33
Awesome! It actually reduces bills? How, and by how much?

There is a BHAV called add to total energy that I added to the file. I am still a novice at editing BHAVs and at the time I did it, I thought that each panel would reduce the bill by $50. From my testing though it reduced it more than that. If you have enough panels on a lot the energy portion of the bill should be completely eliminated. I know there is also a water portion to the bills. I am not sure what else makes up the bills. I am also thinking of making some type of water recycling system, but that will probably be a ways off since I have too many other projects going on right now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sinniti
Great idea, do they give you extra points with the garden club?

Great idea, but unfortunately no. I'm not quite sure how to do that. I'll have to look into it at some point.
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:14 PM
Thanks a lot for this amazing idea. This will definitely add as a finishing touch to any Sims home. Great work!! Keep em coming.

*Weeee~ Finally something to reduce my Sims Utilities bill. xD*
Scholar
#24 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 9:10 AM
Glad you made it work and congrats on picked status. It is really a great idea to have it functional. I only regret not to be able to use it because of Ep requirement..

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 3:06 PM
thank you so much! my partner works for an eco-friendly energy company, and we are teaching the kids about the how and why ... now we can teach our sims too! wonderfull idea!
Page 1 of 2