Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Collection of 13 No Incoming Call Hacks

by christianlov Posted 15th Jul 2008 at 12:03 PM - Updated 19th Jul 2008 at 9:19 AM by christianlov : just changed the explanation a bit

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:08 PM
Thank you SO much for this! I hate those stupid and unnecessary hobby calls! You're a star! :D

Check out my LiveJournal for more downloads.

"The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you!" - Coco
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:39 PM
Yay! Thank you for these. I loathe the hobby magazine calls and the low friend guilt trip calls.

"Cant sleep... Clowns will eat me." -- Bart Simpson
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:51 PM
Thanks for these hacks. I'm really sick of these low relationships calls. Thanks for fixing it =)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:33 PM
What is exactly :

Bad report card
Boss visit
Contact
Enagagement scenario
Grandchild scenario
Sneak out?

I don't remember calls, that I could describe like that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:22 PM Last edited by christianlov : 18th Jul 2008 at 3:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlackCat007
What is exactly :

Bad report card
Boss visit
Contact
Enagagement scenario
Grandchild scenario
Sneak out?

I don't remember calls, that I could describe like that.

hi, i hope this will help a bit.

3. Bad report card - "You, Yes you behind the bikesheds! I Am your Headmaster, MR. MONSTER and your grades are a mess. Fix 'em quick or you will grow up to be a hill of beans. And also, don't think you can get off easy by not telling your parents I called. I will come to your house and I will trash your room and will eat all of your sugary cereal! Then I'll buy some more cereal, or wait, I'LL BUY THE WHOLE STORE OUT, and will eat it all on your front lawn while you're inside with your malt o'meal, super sorry you ever failed calculus. Also, I will forbid any student or teacher at the school to call you anything but Monsieur Marcel Duncechamp from now on. How do you like me now?"

4. Boss visit - "$Neighbor's boss is interested in coming over for dinner. Hope you're in the mood for entertaining. It could be a good career move."

5. Contact - "Hi, I'm $Neighbor! Since my friend $NeighborLocal:1 had such a great time with you the other day, I thought I'd see if you wanted to go Downtown?"

6. Downtown - "Hey, I found some new places to hang out at $NeighborhoodLocal:0! Do you want to meet me there?"

7. Enagagement scenario - "What's going on? I thought the relationship between $NeighborLocal:0 and $NeighborLocal:1 was going so well. Is there going to be a wedding soon?"

8 Grandchild scenario - "Hi there, dearie. Isn't it about time we had a grandchild to spoil?"

9. Hobby level 2 - "Hello! I hear that you are learning about Arts & Crafts! I wanted to let you know that My Muse II - Art Studio is looking for enthusiastic new members. It's a great place to learn more about Arts & Crafts. If you continue to get better you may receive a membership card. Keep up the good work!"

10. Hobby magazine subscription - "family of $NeighborLocal:1, hobby magazine subscription offer notification."

11. Job warning - "$Object missed work today, and unfortunately, has been fired."

12. Low relationship - "Hey, $NeighborLocal:3, are we still friends? I never hear from you anymore, so I figured I'd check in to see what was going on. Would it kill you to make an effort every once in a while?"

13. Sneak out - "Hey $Me, wanna sneak out with me tonight?"
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:39 PM
Hi I just wanted to say thanks for this hack! I know nothing of making mods or hacks myself so I've been waiting for someone to stop the phone ringing for years now... it used to irritate me so much, any family who have a lot of friends, as soon as it hit 7am the phone would start ringing and literally wouldn't stop until midnight. And now, with all the hobbies, it's going off through the night too. This hack is really appreciated - I look forward to never hearing the phone go off again, unless it's actually something worth picking up for.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:40 PM
Oh my gosh, I've never had boss visit and grandchild scenario!
Probably, because I use phone hack by Pescado, and just turn off the ringing.
Does the boss really come? Or maybe these are just leftovers by EA that they never actually used
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dyslexic Pidgeon
Hi I just wanted to say thanks for this hack! I know nothing of making mods or hacks myself so I've been waiting for someone to stop the phone ringing for years now... it used to irritate me so much, any family who have a lot of friends, as soon as it hit 7am the phone would start ringing and literally wouldn't stop until midnight. And now, with all the hobbies, it's going off through the night too. This hack is really appreciated - I look forward to never hearing the phone go off again, unless it's actually something worth picking up for.

I couldn't say it better than Dyslexic Pidgeon already has! Thank you!!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Field Researcher
#10 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 1:00 AM
A fix for the "fancy coming downtown" call, at long last! Thank you so much! *kisses* I have had the contact one before now and a couple of others - I think the bad report card got shelved or something *shrug* Many thanks for these though :D

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Alchemist
#11 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 7:50 AM
What a helpful mod! Finally my sims won´t be spam-phoned anymore! Thanks,
Theorist
#12 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 1:42 PM
thanks for this!
Instructor
#13 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 2:50 PM
Thank you!! With FreeTime I was forever having my hobbying interrupted by people calling to congratulate me on my hobby. They even called at obscene hours of the night. It was so annoying! You are my hero!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 3:53 PM
SWAAAEEEETTTTTT!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Carrie
Sims 2 Mac Super Collection
Sims 3/WA/HELS/Ambitions/LN/Gen/Pets and doing it ALL on a MacBook Pro now..Hmmm...
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 12:55 PM
Oh gosh...thank you....I hat that awful, pointless ringing that's been so prevalent with free time. Honestly, what were the devs thinking? Thank you for this wonderful fix.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 1:33 AM
Thank you so much, that stupid phone was making me nut! The phone was already annoying before FT, but now it's a total pain. Stupid devs. If only they (really!) tested their EPs before releasing them... *sigh*
I only had the contact and the sneak out scenarios, didn't even know the others existed. Maybe they were intended for use but were only left aside?
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 3:07 PM
I surely truly appreciate this hack! All those hobby phone calls were driving me insane!
Thanks luv **sighing contently**
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 3:35 PM
where do i download it to?
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by laurenxduhx
where do i download it to?

I suggest you read the FAQs before doing anything to your game.
Also, don't download a mess of content at one time and install it before testing each and every one of them, one at a time. If even one messes up your game, you'll end up spending hours figuring out which did it, or, more likely, end up wrecking your neighbourhood for good. Believe me, it happened to me because I didn't pay attention to that big warning on the home page telling me to read the FAQs. I lost a neighbourhood of approx. 130 Sims.

Cheers
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 10:16 PM
Been using this for a few weeks now. Everthing works great. Thanks
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 3:05 PM
Some of these calls I've never even had, and would actually PREFER to have! lol

Sims 3 story is here http://petalpaths.wordpress.com
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 6:14 PM
I LOVE the low grades dialog!

Thank you, Christian! I love your mods and have most of them, very useful and well done (as in doesn't conflict with my other useful mods and you take the time to do it right the first time!)

YOU ROCK!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kikto
Thanks for these hacks. I'm really sick of these low relationships calls. Thanks for fixing it =)

Ditto here!! I've been looking for a mod like this! Thank you sooooooo much :o)
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 9:59 PM
Is anyone using this mod successfully along with Pescado's phone mod?

Thank you!

T

~It takes a village to raise an idiot...~
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 10:00 PM
A much needed mod !!! Great job
Page 1 of 2