Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More chance of getting the genie lamp from Gypsy

by [Black_Spirit] Posted 27th Jul 2008 at 2:22 AM - Updated 27th Jul 2008 at 9:07 PM by [Black_Spirit]

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 8:29 PM
I wasn't aware you could get a Genie Lamp from her in the first place! How exactly do you get it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 8:58 PM
There is a random chance the gypsy come and give you the genie lamp.
I just increased these chances.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 9:27 PM
ooo! thank you! i really like her dropping off the lamp, but it seemed to take forever for her to come. what was the original percentage?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 9:44 PM
I don't really know but it took ages to get that f*cking lamp lol
Alchemist
#6 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 10:06 PM
Thanks, I've had Freetime since the begining and I've never gotten a lamp yet. I'll take the lowest chance one and see how it goes

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 10:27 PM
i'm like brandon902! i didn't know you could get the genie lamp? do you have to become friends with her first?? anything required for my sim to do? thanks. you may have added to my gaming experience!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 10:28 PM
why do you people take hacks for it???
just use the boolprop testingcheat and spawn the genie lamp out!

Plz visite my site and watch my videos.And most important->don`t forget to leave a comment
http://de.youtube.com/user/lAmyHotchicl =) be so nice xD
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 10:35 PM
I read you get the lamp naturally by maxing out a hobby until your sim gets in 'the zone' and keeps at it until she appears to congratulate you on your persistence. ^_^

[P.S. I've had 5 lamps so far in different families ]

[R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts]
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amy-Hotchic

Why do YOU feel the need to criticize people and expect them to play exactly like you do?

To answer you anyway, a hack makes it so you don't have to type in the cheat every time you make a family. It is also often safer. Usually if a hack breaks your game you can just remove it to fix the problem, if Boolprop breaks your game...well you have to remove the game to fix the game.

I am simply a mass hallucination that a majority of the population chooses to believe in.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 1:25 AM
I thought you had to max out your Lifetime success gauge (or whatever it's called; the new gauge from FT) and then you had a chance to receive the lamp. Either way, I've never seen it. heh Thanks!
Scholar
#12 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 1:42 AM
I've gotten it twice under entirely normal circumstances - no success or anything else maxed out - it just happened.

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 1:54 AM
Finally! Today was the first time I've ever gotten the genie because of this hack. I kept waiting for one & I've had skills maxed out, hobbies maxed out, & tons of families going through.. & finally now I've had my first lamp today! Thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 7:28 AM
you always hacks who are pleased :lovestruc :lovestruc
Alchemist
#15 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amy-Hotchic

Because some of us want to get the lamp through gameplay.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 3:18 PM
To those asking; the chance of gaining the lamp is based on the hobby enthusiasm of all Sims on a lot. So a house that has one Sim with only one bar of hobby enthusiasm will have virtually no chance of gaining a lamp. A house that has 3 Sims all with a few hobby bars in the middle or better will have a much greater chance.
So the more Sims and the higher the enthusiasm, the greater the chance of gaining a lamp.

Great work on the mod. I can see a lot of people will be wanting this.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by valasia
Why do YOU feel the need to criticize people and expect them to play exactly like you do?

To answer you anyway, a hack makes it so you don't have to type in the cheat every time you make a family. It is also often safer. Usually if a hack breaks your game you can just remove it to fix the problem, if Boolprop breaks your game...well you have to remove the game to fix the game.

I do have alot of hacks in my game,and one of them is the -Seethem- hack
that meens I don`t have to type that cheat every time i want to play,cause it`s always active.And I know that hacks are dangerous,way dangerous that you think.Cause you can`t remove some of them and solve the problem that easly.(i had to reinstall my game alot of times cause a hack screwd it up)
And the boolprop cheat NEVER broke my game or similiar.
But hey I`m not telling you guys what to do,
if you want it on the risky way...you can have it

Plz visite my site and watch my videos.And most important->don`t forget to leave a comment
http://de.youtube.com/user/lAmyHotchicl =) be so nice xD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 4:35 PM
A well-done hack is not dangerous and using codes is kind of cheating ...
People doesn't necessary want to get the lamp throught cheats or else, but on the other hand it takes ages to get it that's why I created this little mod.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 2:14 AM
cool, I perfer the more chance to get the lamp, thanks for sharing. So I'll be getting the 100% chance, you make great stuff keep up the work.
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 12:57 AM
Wow this is a bit funny actually because with my game I was getting that frickin lamp everytime, and I do mean EVERYTIME, I called the Gypsy lady over for a blind date or potions. I would have to have my sim go out quickly to go greet her before she snuck off. I downloaded the patch for FT though so that might probably put a stop to it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 12:43 AM
i think ill get 25%..
I want to get the lamp through her, but I don;t want to get it every single time.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 7:13 PM
what an awesome idea. Plus I had no clue there even was a lamp... Thanks

Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mac
I've gotten it twice under entirely normal circumstances - no success or anything else maxed out - it just happened.

Same here, well, just once actually. I forget how it happened, but it was cool nonetheless. I'm going to go for the full 100% because that's how I roll.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 8:58 PM
Can you make a hack so that the wishes are always successful? I hate when NPC's ring the ringtone all night...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 11:52 PM
I thank you now able get my sims richer so they can plan a trip but isn't exaclty cheap.
Page 1 of 2