Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newbie Road 151 -- Starter House, no CC

by plasticbox Posted 4th Aug 2008 at 2:36 AM - Updated 20th Sep 2008 at 5:23 AM by plasticbox

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 3:49 AM
Awesome.

My eyes are just a little sweaty today.
They've been looking around a lot, searching for you,
They've been looking for you,
Even though I told them not to.

I'm Not Crying -- Flight of the Conchords
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 4:00 AM
This truly is awesome as that1chica said. I will have an entirely pbox neighborhood soon. Lately I have been using more of the "country houses." I swear you must be reading my mind, whenever I need a new lot you're uploading just what I need, but what I could never build. :lovestruc

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 4:04 AM
I love this layout. One question... I notice the mailbox has been moved. How did you do that, and does it have any implications for me if I download the lot?
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 4:29 AM
to move the mailbox hit ctrl-shift-c at the same time and type in "moveobjects on" (without the ") and then go into buy mode and you can move almost anything but make sure you turn it off by retyping it and instead of putting on put off because otherwise you can wierd things.

Question plasticbox......Why do you make so many of them? Do you just have nothing to do? By the way it is cool looking
Site Helper
#6 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by beckster
I love this layout. One question... I notice the mailbox has been moved. How did you do that, and does it have any implications for me if I download the lot?
Yes, it has implications. The mailbox is used as a location-suggestion by the game. Moving it can affect the move-in video (the taxi may not stay on the road) and where visitors walk to when they enter the lot. There may be some other things along those lines: pizza and newspaper delivery, ... I can't quite remember everything. If you find that you don't like the new gameplay, just move it back to the usual location.
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 6:41 AM
This is a cute house.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Scholar
#8 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 7:16 AM
This is very nice with a very playable layout Thank you!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 8:25 AM
Love at first sight! When I try to make small, cute houses, they end up huge and ugly... Guess some people are just talented

God loved the birds and created trees. Man loved the birds and created cages -Jaques Duvall
Wiki Wizard
#10 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 8:49 AM
This is really quant, i like it

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 9:48 AM
Really nice, thank you very much!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 5:00 PM
Since I haven't said it in a while: OMG THE CUTENESS!

I absolutely adore this house, plasticbox! I love the white & red colour scheme, I love the shape of the house, I love the homey feel it has inside, and I love all the little outdoor details that make it so lovely and real without being overrun with 1000 flowers and trees. Like that little gate and row of columns, and that nice path surrounding the cute little front garden.... it all seems so simple when you break down the elements, yet somehow when I try to build stuff like that myself, I fail miserably.

So thank you for sharing this cutie (and all your other houses o' adorableness) with sucky builders like myself. And thanks for keeping it CC-free too!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 10:45 PM
I have to a gree such a cute starter! All your houses rock because you made so many. Thanks, also I never use wallpaper/floors so no cc helps.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Yes, it has implications. The mailbox is used as a location-suggestion by the game. Moving it can affect the move-in video (the taxi may not stay on the road) and where visitors walk to when they enter the lot. There may be some other things along those lines: pizza and newspaper delivery, ... I can't quite remember everything. If you find that you don't like the new gameplay, just move it back to the usual location.

Thank you for the information, Mootilda. I thought I remembered that the mailbox affects some actions.

Also, thanks to Kolipoki. I assumed it could be moved using the moveobjects cheat, but I wasn't sure.

Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 5:40 PM
This is awsome!!! Thank you very much for sharing.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 12:10 PM
To be honest: never before had I downloaded a house of yours, but this is going to be the exception: I adore it! and starter! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 9:57 AM
Not one of your best. The bathroom tub cannot be used, the toilet is in the way. I have to rebuild it every time I use this one.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 12:55 PM
I know I used this house in my own game (back when I had TS2) and there were no issues with the bathroom. On the screenshot I don't see how the toilet would be in the way … sims only need to be able to access one end of the tub (where the tap is). This is an arrangement I use very often and never had problems with.

Anyone else have this issue? Maybe bathtubs have changed with a later EP or something?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 1:02 AM
thank you