Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Excell Exteriors Bay Window System - Set #1 **Base Game Compatable** *UPDATED - PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD*

by FifthAce2007 Posted 20th Aug 2008 at 1:11 PM - Updated 24th May 2019 at 2:36 PM by HugeLunatic

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 1:05 PM
Default Excell Exteriors Bay Window System - Set #1 **Base Game Compatable** *UPDATED - PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD*
Excellent! Thanks for sharing. We need more bay windows.

Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 1:25 PM
Marvelous job! Now I can make my house look more like... my house
Thanks!
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 1:35 PM
Woooooooooooow.... these are great!!!
THANK you!!!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 2:01 PM
Cool idea. Thank you so much. I love the new possibilities which come up with it!

Sims is just fun and every custom content should be available for FREE.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 2:22 PM
beautiful work!!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 2:32 PM
That's awesome!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 2:42 PM
Awsome set! Thank you so much for sharing.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 3:14 PM
I love these! Quick question- are they weatherproof? So if I replace an entire wall with these will my game see the room as 'outside'? Thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I love these! Quick question- are they weatherproof? So if I replace an entire wall with these will my game see the room as 'outside'? Thanks!

As far as the game is concerned, they are windows, nothing more. They just happen to stick out a bit more

They need to be placed 'in' a wall, just as any other window does

Same with the door, the game will treat it as a door, needing to be placed 'in' a wall. So yes, they are weather-proof, both &

Edit: I am in the process of updating the set so that they use the repository system, to make it simple to recolour them, I am having some problems with the wallmask's however...

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 4:19 PM
Pretty outstanding work here! I am awed at your talent!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 4:37 PM
Oh, my gosh! wonderful job and thanks so much for sharing these! I'm going to be busy testing their amazing versatility! Thank you, thank you!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 6:38 PM
Wow! Finally a more flexible way to make bay windows! I have downloaded every bay window out there and cobble them around in variouos ways but this will make it easy!! This is sure to become a classic build item! Thanks for persevering and kudos on your success!!! :D
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 6:53 PM
These are awesome! Thanks!

http:www.dwelliford.com/simscinema

My new Sims Movies rating and reviewing site

http:www.mach3di.com

Come Join!
Inventor
#15 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 7:05 PM
You should be able to keep the wall masks with the meshes, while making the stuff that is actual textures use the repository method.

Hope that is helpful info, and not just telling you something you already know

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 9:19 PM
yeh, it was me, removing one to many files

Sorted that, just trying to sort out the recolours not working now...

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 9:30 PM
Fabulous! Thanks so much for making this!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 11:11 PM
Wonderful! Thank you for your great work.
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 12:10 AM
Very cool! I was always disappointed that the Maxis bay window didn't match anything. Thank you!
Instructor
#20 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 3:16 AM
The only wish I have so far is that it would be nice to have a collection file to go with it. All future window creations of yours could go in there. Otherwise, I LOVE it. Thank you for all your hard work.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 3:58 AM
Beautiful work! I've always loved the look of bay windows but you're right, Maxis' version was just bad. Thank you very much for posting these!

"Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."~William
Instructor
#22 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 4:26 AM
This is great! Thanks so much for sharing.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 4:46 AM
Oh, I'm so glad you got everything to work! What a fantastic set! Thanks for sharing your hard work with us. ;o)
Mad Poster
#24 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 6:20 AM
This is sweet! The possibilities... Oh Wow! Thanks a whole lot!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 6:24 AM Last edited by sleighill : 21st Aug 2008 at 6:26 AM. Reason: missing
This is pretty darn cool dear...much garcias...oh, and thanks for the low poly!
Page 1 of 3