Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Mayfair Mansion

by Astartiel Posted 31st Aug 2008 at 3:24 AM - Updated 5th Apr 2014 at 10:19 PM by Astartiel : Adding fixed house

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts
Site Helper
#2 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Astartiel
I did make one error on this house, I put the front door on the side of the lot. But I liked the house so much that I am living with the mess-up. I hope you like the house as well.
Have you seen aelflaed's tutorial on rotating a house? You could use this tutorial to fix your problem:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=255110
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Have you seen aelflaed's tutorial on rotating a house? You could use this tutorial to fix your problem:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=255110

Thanks so much! I'll download and read it. If it turns out to be easy, I'll probably be uploading the changed house eventually.

Does having a life in the Sim world count as "getting a life?" ;-)
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 5:19 AM
I love Anne Rice! And this is much like I pictured Mayfair mansion. I think maybe I'll nab this and create some Mayfair witches once I get Aperment Life. Thanks!
Site Helper
#5 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Astartiel
Thanks so much! I'll download and read it. If it turns out to be easy, I'll probably be uploading the changed house eventually.
Just let me know if you have any problems with the tutorial, and I'd be glad to help.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 6:18 PM
I haven't read Ann Rice but I am Laurell K. Hamilton fan and am currently playing a vamp neighborhood with some VtM and Ann Rice characters from the movie Queen of the Damned (I know it's not considered authentic to the book characters, but hey I love the movie) so I have to have this great house!!! And a side entrance adds a little intrigue - thanks!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 9:10 PM
mamapotter - Thanks so much. I hope you like it.

edejan - Thanks also. I'm glad someone sees a positive side to my mistake. I still might make another version of the house and offer it for upload as well.

I'm actually also working on a completely new build of the house - started before Mootilda was so kind to tell me about that pdf guide for moving roads on lots. Thanks again to you as well!

I'm glad so many are enjoying this house! And while I'm throwing out thanks, I need to thank Anne Rice for creating such dynamic characters, stories and houses to inspire us to create them in other forms - in our minds, in films, and in sim worlds. ;-)

Site Helper
#8 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 2:12 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 1st Sep 2008 at 4:02 AM. Reason: removed attachment
Astartiel, is this what you wanted? Obviously, you'll have to fix up the new front a bit (gate in the fence, etc). I'm not sure where your problems came from, but I'm going to make some notes in aelflaed's thread about some additional steps which might help to avoid the problems that you ran into.

Everyone else, please don't download this version... wait until Astartiel has a chance to check it out and fix it up first. Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Astartiel, is this what you wanted? Obviously, you'll have to fix up the new front a bit (gate in the fence, etc). I'm not sure where your problems came from, but I'm going to make some notes in aelflaed's thread about some additional steps which might help to avoid the problems that you ran into.

Everyone else, please don't download this version... wait until Astartiel has a chance to check it out and fix it up first. Thanks!

This is exactly what I wanted! Thanks so much Mootilda! I'm putting this up for a secondary download for people, like me, who do want it to face this way! Yay!

Site Helper
#10 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 4:03 AM
Glad to help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 5:26 AM
After a little research online, I discovered that Anne Rice based her Mayfair house on a real house that Anne and Stan lived in for a decade. I have found pictures of this house online and am planning a new house based on this one.

Also, I realized I forgot the elevator while doing this research. Anyone who downloads this house is free to make as many changes to it as they see fit to make it their own Mayfair Mansion. ;-)

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 6:14 PM
You did an excellent job, I loved that book also, we await your next work!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 8:29 PM
Awesome job! Thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 8:14 PM
I saw the Blackwood Farm upload, and considering I am rereading 'The Witching Hour' right now, I was thinking to Myself, "I wonder if anyone made the First Street house, or Riverbend..." And then I ran into this. :]

I have to agree, a side entrance is not the WORST error that could happen -- it is actually kind of cool. And I love the spacious rooms, I keep seeing too many "compact" houses these days.