Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Genie Skintone Replacement

by IAmTheRad Posted 28th Aug 2008 at 11:29 AM - Updated 30th Aug 2008 at 6:43 AM by IAmTheRad

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:30 AM
Oh this is awesome! I dislike the eye-searing purple default. Which eyes (if you used an eye texture replacement too) did you use? I can't tell much from the screens except that they don't look like the scary Maxis ones.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 12:00 PM
this is really great! i've been waiting for someone to make a replacement so thank you! but . . . where did you get they eyes???
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 12:45 PM
Same place as the skin by the looks of it. I think it's the eye that 'belongs' with Gloom

Can't stop the signal
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 2:22 PM
Thank you so much! Enayla's skins make everything better!

"Cant sleep... Clowns will eat me." -- Bart Simpson
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:08 PM
big improvement over the default purple

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:12 PM
I gave a spin to the replacement this morning before I went to work. It is a great replacement. Thank you.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:15 PM
Been hoping for something like this for a while, the default skin is so ugly. Many thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:17 PM
The eyes are the envoy eyes that come with the skin package. They fit very well.
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 8:14 PM
Thank you, it's lovely! Have you seen her newest skins on InSIM? There's one called Pixie Bruise that looks a lot like Gloom but without the details on the forehead. And she has some lovely new supernatural skins too.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 10:40 PM
Sweet! I've been waiting for this since FT came out! *cheers!* Great job! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 12:40 AM
I just noticed her new skins on InSIM. However, for the genie, it is a lot of work. It took me about 3 hours (no kidding here) to figure out HOW to make it look like it belongs in the game. Also the genie's skin is a little different than other sims. It has the clothing texture on it, and if I did a quick copy and paste, then the genie would be topless with bumps where the clothing textures would be.
So, all in all, I do think this genie is great for what I was trying to do.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 4:42 AM
This is really great! Thank you. I've been waiting for something like this as well.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 1:49 AM
This is amazing, excellent job!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 5:57 PM
Thank you! Even though the genie doesn't hang around long, I couldn't deal with the EAxis purple.
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 4:02 PM
wtf, whats that on its face?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 2:53 PM
OMG! THIS IS SO-SO AWESOMEE! aargh! 8D
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 11:58 PM
I LOVE this in my game! It's just absolutely perfect.

I did have one suggestion though, and it actually bugged me at first. I wish you had a version that didn't include eyes. I downloaded a default replacement just for the genie that I was looking forward to trying out, but your skin overrode it. XD I did end up liking the eyes you added, but still, just a suggestion.

Thank you!
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 4:16 AM
i used the inteenimater to.... inteenimate one of my sims with the genies seed, and so i am testing this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 11:36 AM
Thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 2:11 PM
I love this!!! Thank you so much!