Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Normal Skin for Good and Evil Witches (REALLY FIXED - Finally! 07 Sept 08!)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 27th Aug 2008 at 4:13 PM - Updated 7th Sep 2008 at 1:29 PM by HystericalParoxysm

229 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 180 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 4:19 PM
*blinkblink* Wows you're fast! I haven't even installed AL yet! But yeah, it looks like those skins could get old real quick. Your "fixed" witches look awesome. Thanks HP! .
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 4:13 PM
quick like the wind, cheers!

"They say misery loves company, we could start a company and make misery. Frustrated Incorporated. I know just what you need, I might just have the thing, I know what you paid to see...put me out of my misery, I'd do it for you, would you do it for me?"
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 4:25 PM
*faints* this is fast lol

Thanks for doing this i was gonna look into doing the green skin when i got the game now i dont have to try

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 4:40 PM
Just for clarification, this is just a mod that fixes their skins, not a new skin that we need to put on each individual witch. Is that correct?
I haven't gotten it yet, because local stories don't get it until today. I'll be getting it in a few hours. I am so excited. If I am understanding what this is I will put it in my game before I even load it. Chickenpox skin does not appeal. I think I'll leave the evil witches alone for now, but we'll see about the future.
Thanks for uploading this.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 4:56 PM
Faerieimp - That's correct. The witch skins for good and evil witches work like overlays - same as vampire skins. This allows you to use whatever skins you want on your witches (Maxis, default replacement, or custom) and just not get the sparkly/green effect over the top of whatever skin you're otherwise using.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 4:50 PM
How fast you are! Later, if I got the game, I'll try to! thank you.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 5:13 PM
My sister's Jaime thanks you as she is likely to be our first witch. She had practice with some hacks that allowed Charmed powers. I had to take them out when they conflicted with various things in "Seasons" and "Bon Voyage".
I downloaded it and now I'm off to get the game. Depending on what I see when I get the actual game I may change my mind about the evil witches green skin, but for now I'll give it a chance.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 6:02 PM
So HP does AL works with SimPE? I just got it!
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#10 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 6:13 PM
Sheesh, you don't waste any time, do you? I'm sure I'll get tired of having bright green witches (once I actually *get* the game, mind you) though, so my evil Sims thank you in advance.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 6:16 PM
Thank you! I was hoping something like this would be released :D
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 6:45 PM
SharonSims2 - SimPE is still suitable for doing certain things - like this. However, AL items cannot yet be recoloured using SimPE (unless you do it manually), and anything requiring you to open the Neighborhood Browser is a Very Bad Idea.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 6:39 PM
Thank god. Now, all I have to do is wait for a hack to let kids be witches and AL will officially be installable. You're the best, HP.
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 7:56 PM
Woot! I was just asking for these too lol
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 8:44 PM
Great job, once again, HP!
I haven't gotten it yet, but I will probably download these as soon as I do.
You think Maxis would learn, after seeing what we have avaliable on the site.
THANKS!(:

shmash creations.
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 8:52 PM
I agree, Maxis skin tones looks strange, thanks these are great
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 9:47 PM
Yes, yes, yes!!!! I don't have the new expansion in my hot little hands yet, but I've downloaded this mod and it will be the first thing to go in as soon as I install AL!!

{{{{{Big Bear Hug}}}}}
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 10:33 PM
I just finished installing AL and the first thing I did was come to check your page to see if you had anything new. I was not disappointed This is something I had thought about before the game's release, and I'm so glad someone has already addressed it. Thanks so much for another great creation; you never disappoint me!
Inventor
#19 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 11:45 PM
I was already thinking of getting rid of the green skin - it'd be fine if it was transparent, but it is so flat compared to the skins I use.

And this gets rid of the glowing? Hmmm - might have to nab this then, though I like the sparkles and stuff.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Inventor
#20 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 11:48 PM
I'm so glad you made this, I'm getting AL either today or tomorrow and I wanted witches with normal skin! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 12:12 AM
Wow man,
your VERY quick with CC for Apartment Life!
VERY great :D
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 12:28 AM
i also don't have AL yet, but i'll come back soon...thanks in advance, HP
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 1:19 AM
i dont have al it didnt come out were i live
but it is al right i probably get for christmas
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 1:48 AM
im just curious if its possible if it cud just change the skin and not the type of clothes they wear cuz i noticed that in your pictures the evil witches dress is more like the neutral witches dress i kinda like the evil version dress for the evil
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 2:05 AM
WHATT!!??!!?? LOL It doesn't even release until tomorrow!!! :O But that's okay, I intened to buy it tomorrow too =] and then I will be sure to install this!!

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Page 1 of 10