Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Casual Dress For Work - Apartment Life/Mansion & Garden

by Chaavik Posted 31st Aug 2008 at 8:57 PM - Updated 16th Mar 2009 at 6:27 AM by Chaavik : Updated Mod/Info For AL and MG

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 10:48 PM Last edited by Dooglebear : 31st Aug 2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Update
Hi, I just wanted to double check about not compatible with the other expansions, does that mean it wont work if you have them installed? or just that you must have apartment life as the latest, cause I have AL but also all of the others.

If so, thats fantastic, I'm downloading right now, and thanks heaps, I have been waiting for this for some time.

Dooglebear
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 10:51 PM
Yay! Thanks! I just hated the fact that the new hats in AL don't really match with scientist outfit.

Anyways, do you think Bella Goth's mystery will be solved or continued in this pack?

I discovered a weird residential lot on the edge of the "sea/lake" in Belladonna Cove. It's like a treehouse and there is a tombstone in it. Is the tomb of a certain "Ejess", a grandfather of one of the characters. Thing is, you need to enter free cam mode to see it. It's near the bridge.

I hope we find Bella!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 3:28 AM
Yes, people need to have AL as their latest expansion pack to use this mod. There are other versions people can download for their latest expansion packs if they don't have AL.

Ailias' mod is E6 which I think is Bon Voyage. That one also worked with FreeTime. The link is available above for those who don't have AL.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:52 PM
Thanks ever so much Chaavik!! Working perfectly!!

Dooglebear
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 4:38 PM
Thanks for the mod. I have always wanted to be able to have "non-standard" Sims go to work in an outfit of my choice.

However, I am currently having an issue after adding this mod. The dresser/closet is no longer allowing me to plan outfits. It has replaced the menu option with dress for work, but when I click it, the Sim does not change into an outfit. Example - In PJs won't change to everyday. I remove the mod and it works OK. I have ALL EPs installed with AL most recently installed.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 3:36 AM
The mod does work fine. What happened was that your Sim will wear whatever clothes he/she has on before he/she was called to go to work (I.E. - The work car is outside beeping at the mailbox). This does not force Sims to change into their everyday clothes, but enables Sims to wear anything but their work clothes to work.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 7:10 PM
Chaavik, I love this mod, thank you so much! Recently, however, I tried to take it out, because I'm posting a legacy and for amusement's sake, I wanted them in those ridiculous work outfits. With the mod out, they go to work in the default clothes. However, when returning from work, they're back in their everyday clothes. I just gave in and put the mod back in, but I figured I'd mention it and see if there's anything I can do.

Thanks again!
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 9:48 PM
Does that mean you can't use it with Mansion and Garden?
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 12:53 AM
Yes, you can use the mod with Mansion & Garden. I updated the mod to include a fix and added new information for those of you who have only Mansion & Garden and wanted to know if you can use this mod.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 6:28 AM
Fixed the corrupted file from my thread. Should be able to download the file now.
Scholar
#12 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 5:11 PM
This is awesome, for those Maxis working clothes look out of place if put on Sims in my new gothic hood. Thank you for this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th May 2012 at 8:43 PM
Omg thank you! This is soo helpful ^.^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 3:05 PM
Thanks for that! It´s very helpful! ^^
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:35 AM
Can't play bodyshapes and maxis careers without this mod! Thanks very much!
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 5:58 PM
Here's a situational question: Sim A and Sim B are close friends. (they are both created sims not NPCs) They are co-workers. I'm using Sim A now to work. Then Sim A got home from work and brought a co-worker friend from work that is Sim B. Sim A doesn't wear a Maxis work clothes. Would Sim B "NOT WEAR" maxis working clothes too? if I use your mod? Cause I'm using Ailias' casual-to-work package. Sims A is "NOT wearing" maxis work-clothes while Sim B (co-worker) "is wearing" maxis work-clothes. hmmm............
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 12:02 AM
This is all my bodybuilders needed. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 10:18 PM
Does this work for all careers up to AL/M&G or only for AL/M&G careers?
Inventor
#19 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyleSnake
Does this work for all careers up to AL/M&G or only for AL/M&G careers?

It works for all of the careers from basegame up, but can only be used by those with AL/M&G. There are no careers in AL/M&G anyway.