Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Maxis Everyday Clothes As Outerwear

by knightguy82 Posted 5th Sep 2008 at 6:13 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2008 at 4:06 AM by knightguy82

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 6:39 PM
Thank you for this.

I would also include a link to Phaenoh's Great Clothing Migration. It also moves lots of clothing to outerwear, among many other things.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 6:55 PM Last edited by knightguy82 : 5th Sep 2008 at 8:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek2008
Where do I have to put your files in order for the clothes you moved not to have the CC star ( but keep the previous one depending on the EP the outfits come from ) and make then undeletable? I put them in "StuffPack" but still were deletable.

Downloads folder or any folder in Downloads folder should work

well its common sense that you shouldnt delete it

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 7:53 PM
The main problem is the outerwear clothes are considered as warm clothes by Seasons EP, you put some outside clothes which aren't warm !
(Female gearhead clothes)
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
The main problem is the outerwear clothes are considered as warm clothes by Seasons EP, you put some outside clothes which aren't warm !
(Female gearhead clothes)

what makes the game considered an outfit warm but not another?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 10:19 PM
Thank you so much this keeps me from having to download more clothes. Could you also include the Apartment Life outfit that comes with a black jacket, pants and high tops and a red shirt please?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 10:44 PM
In general a nice mod, but should anything that exposes arms or bare legs or bare midriffs or holes in the pants be outwear? It looks kind of "Odd" when seen in the snow.

Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siwbf
Could you also include the Apartment Life outfit that comes with a black jacket, pants and high tops and a red shirt please?

could you post pic of the outfit you want?

Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 1:29 AM
Well I’m technology challenged and have no idea how to post a pic (I know sadness), but coincidently SharonSims2 made a teen male conversion of the outfit and it’s on the main downloads page, apparently it’s called rockstar outfit. Sorry if this is too much trouble.
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82

No, I think the female gearhead outfit isn't a warm clothes that's why I think it's a mistake to set it as outerwear !

Quote: Originally posted by Jron7667
In general a nice mod, but should anything that exposes arms or bare legs or bare midriffs or holes in the pants be outwear? It looks kind of "Odd" when seen in the snow.

I agree !
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siwbf
Well I’m technology challenged and have no idea how to post a pic (I know sadness), but coincidently SharonSims2 made a teen male conversion of the outfit and it’s on the main downloads page, apparently it’s called rockstar outfit. Sorry if this is too much trouble.

can't believe i forgot one

anyway i'll be uploading it in a sec

Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 4:16 AM
Hehe tis okay I'll be on the lookout Thanks!
Scholar
#13 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 6:59 AM
Cool When I First Saw That Adult Male Jacket I Thought It Would Be Nice As Outerwear But NO They Didn't Make It Outerwear Also I Use The Elder Equilty Hack And I Like It But Thank All Elder Outfit's Should Stay Un-Hidden So I Can Have Older Looking Elder's Could You Make That Happen For Me?Also THANKS!! For These Outerwear Outfit's......But I Do Agree With Jron7667 And Kabuto About Those Outfit's That Show Skin Don't Look Right But It's A Still A Nice Conversion

Yes My Avatar Is Of Two Guy's Kissing!What Are You Gonna Do About It?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
No, I think the female gearhead outfit isn't a warm clothes that's why I think it's a mistake to set it as outerwear

Well to each his own and you don't have to download it if you think it was a mistake. Thanks Knightguy. I did my own as well and chose similar clothing
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 5:40 AM
Very cool, thanks for the work, as I am a talentless modder, I appreciate the work you do! They have some awesome "outdoor" they didn't count and some ugly they did!
Inventor
#16 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 1:29 PM
Thanks for this, but does this mod make them show in Outerwear ONLY or does it just add them ASWELL as the catagory they are already in? (Hope you can make sence of what I was asking).

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PearDrops
Thanks for this, but does this mod make them show in Outerwear ONLY or does it just add them ASWELL as the catagory they are already in? (Hope you can make sence of what I was asking).

this mod just adds them to Outerwear as well

that way they can still use the clothes as everyday if they choose

Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 11:34 PM
Thank you for adding this. Any chance of the magic outfits becoming outerwear too?
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smoopybean
Thank you for adding this. Any chance of the magic outfits becoming outerwear too?

Witch Hat Hair Edit by TashaFaun has outfits an hat/hair set as everyday an outerwear

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 1:44 PM
Great stuff! Now I just need the Apartment life expansion pack...

AKA DocRossim
More content here
Find my artwork here
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 10:09 AM
This is great, even if the sleeveless sweatsuits for AM/EM are a little... :/ for outerwear, but nevertheless, it's awesome!

Just a query though, would it make a difference if I placed them in this location - D:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins, as per other clothing movers (like Fanseelamb's outerwear mod and Phaenoh's clothing mods)?

[AИTHRACITE] [ИOUИ] [Hard coal burning slowly with little smoke or flame but intense heat.] [© AИTHRACITE DESIGИS IИC] [http://deviantart.com/anthracitedesigns]
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 5:18 AM
i have them in downloads an dont notice any issuses