Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MilkShape Plugin : Cat's UV Data Merge

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 22nd Jan 2012 at 8:15 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:50 PM by Nysha

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 9:21 PM
Awesome. Thanks!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 9:32 PM
You couldn't have done this BEFORE I spent ages matching these up manually to fix all the slutty base game clothing?! GAH! Kidding. This will be incredibly useful. Thank you!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 2:22 AM
Wow!! Why didn't I see this before?! I dropped a project because of the messy UV map.. no I think I'll reopen that one hehe
Thanks, you rock!
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 3:57 AM
I just tried to fix the mesh I talked previously and it's not working :S
The vertices were already in the same spatial position, so I selected them and applied UV data merge, then I checked in the UV map view but nothing had changed.. The bone assignments were the same too, although I don't think that has anything to do with this...
Any idea of what could be causing this?
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:18 AM
This is awesome! I'm terrible at lining things up when UVmapping! Thank you!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Taniia
I just tried to fix the mesh I talked previously and it's not working :S
The vertices were already in the same spatial position, so I selected them and applied UV data merge, then I checked in the UV map view but nothing had changed.. The bone assignments were the same too, although I don't think that has anything to do with this...
Any idea of what could be causing this?
This does not affect bone weights, only UV. Can you upload the mesh you tried this with, and a picture showing which vertices you want to adjust the UV on?

Did you make sure when you selected, that you selected two vertices? Did you make sure that one vertex was from one mesh group, and the other from a different mesh group?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 1:25 PM
Though I initially don't understand much because I'm not into clothes making, I have experience that one day I will understand it and regret if not downloaded. So, thanks for your engagement in improving the 3D program.
--xx--

People make things.
Engaged People make things Happen.
Intelligent People make things Possible.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
Though I initially don't understand much because I'm not into clothes making, I have experience that one day I will understand it and regret if not downloaded. So, thanks for your engagement in improving the 3D program.
--xx--

People make things.
Engaged People make things Happen.
Intelligent People make things Possible.

UV merge is handy for any kind of Frankensteined mesh, not just clothes. Objects too. Anything with a UV map.

I love the quote at the end!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Demon Sheep
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 9:04 PM
My gosh. How did I not know this existed? Actually, the file is already in my MilkShape folder, but somehow I'd forgotten all about it and never used it. Argh! Meshing will be so much easier with this. Now I wanna make something just so I can try it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 11:07 PM
This is brilliant. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 18th May 2012 at 5:13 AM
Great jobb as always. Thank you for sharing . You're a genius!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 8:46 AM
I love this. Does this work for hair meshes also? (I hope it's a yes)*closes eyes tight*

Tears rain, everytime your mouth opens with pain.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 4:18 PM
I have been using this plugin lately & can't begin to tell you how wonderful this is!! Thank you so much!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 10:35 AM Last edited by ijustneedsomeeyes : 20th Oct 2013 at 1:22 AM.
Oh man...why didn't I come across this back when I was trying to edit the H&M Cardigan to be sleveless? x.x (My trial expired and I have been on limited funds since a long time ago. And I never online shop, too many chances to get hacked and well, you know the rest.)

I will still fave it and keep a copy on my backup files though, when I can afford Milkshape.

The Milkshape people charge $10 more now, those bastards...but at least they're not lazy whiners like the Blender people.

My Milkshape brings all the boys back to the yard, so I'm gonna work on remeshing my outfit now. Thanks!

Quote:
We can't make blender [work] on crappy hardware and drivers.

(I was using 2.68a, btw, and Blender still crashed.)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 10:42 PM
Looks very useful! I anticipate trying it out next month, when I've set aside the money for Milkshape. Thanks!