Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

11th Avenue

by Black0rchid Posted 8th Oct 2008 at 2:08 AM

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 2:56 AM
this is awesome!!! beautifully done!
Instructor
#3 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 2:58 AM
These apartments are beautiful thanks for sharing !

"Inspiration,It comes not when you want it.But when you least expect it to!"
Wiki Wizard
#4 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 8:52 PM
Wow this is fabulous, so modern!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 4:41 AM
Cool and scary at the same time. Not advanced at all... This simpleness along with the excellent use of black and red walls. It's brilliant!

The scary part is the feeling of that you are trapped in the unstopable technology of the future... And if that didn't made sense, just ignore it Pity there is so many expansions involved, I would really like to take a closer look at this one.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 6:44 AM
Beautiful job - thank you!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 9:09 AM Last edited by lauralaima : 9th Oct 2008 at 9:10 AM. Reason: spelling
How dark!
But how cool!
Seriously you're one of the best modern builders I've ever run into. Your creations are always so neat and original, the best example of unique architecture, and you've got a taste for interior design.
Marvellous :lovestruc
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 1:18 PM
Beautiful, I love this. Reminds me of my own, hehe. Thanks! <3
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 7:41 PM
I was so happy to see how easy this was to play! Not overly graphic heavy to where things are crawling along

I noticed ONE thing, though, when I was playing the far right (on the end) home. Other sims (NPCs) that were walking around in that little sitting area, etc started complaining and waving their hands about something. I couldn't tell what it was that was crossed out in red in their thought bubbles, but it was in front of the apartment....in front of the bench..and while they are trying to to the back door of that unit...to name a few. It was as if something is "in their way". Have no idea. WEIRD. They eventually worked it out but the next NPC that came along got into the same issue.

--Carrie
Sims 2 Mac Super Collection
Sims 3/WA/HELS/Ambitions/LN/Gen/Pets and doing it ALL on a MacBook Pro now..Hmmm...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 3:13 AM
thank you all
but this lot is not scary
maybe pics are too much dark, and background to much distressing for the skyscraper, but in the game it seems not so terrifying

Quote: Originally posted by carrie640

I noticed ONE thing, though, when I was playing the far right (on the end) home. Other sims (NPCs) that were walking around in that little sitting area, etc started complaining and waving their hands about something. I couldn't tell what it was that was crossed out in red in their thought bubbles, but it was in front of the apartment....in front of the bench..and while they are trying to to the back door of that unit...to name a few. It was as if something is "in their way". Have no idea. WEIRD. They eventually worked it out but the next NPC that came along got into the same issue.
So, you find a sort of "impediment" in this area?
(sorry but I'm not english and at the beginning, reading your message, I thought that the problem was in the fourth apartment)

Between bench and 4th block there are not other objects than those you see in the pic, all maxis objects. Maybe your NPC want to enter in any apartment? weird. Or enter in your garden? Have you put something very attractive in your private garden? (example a pool with the cheat aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled?)
Npc can also complain and clamour for an impediment located very far from their position.
Btw, I tested the lot with two families and I had not this problem...let me know.
Banned
#11 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 6:53 AM
Thanks alot!!! i love your work!
Inventor
#12 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 10:47 AM
Wow - great building. Exceptional design, I like it - thanks!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 8:14 PM
Nope...I haven't added anything on the outside at all. I will see if I can get a screen shot of it

Quote: Originally posted by Black0rchid
thank you all
but this lot is not scary
maybe pics are too much dark, and background to much distressing for the skyscraper, but in the game it seems not so terrifying

So, you find a sort of "impediment" in this area?
(sorry but I'm not english and at the beginning, reading your message, I thought that the problem was in the fourth apartment)

Between bench and 4th block there are not other objects than those you see in the pic, all maxis objects. Maybe your NPC want to enter in any apartment? weird. Or enter in your garden? Have you put something very attractive in your private garden? (example a pool with the cheat aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled?)
Npc can also complain and clamour for an impediment located very far from their position.
Btw, I tested the lot with two families and I had not this problem...let me know.

--Carrie
Sims 2 Mac Super Collection
Sims 3/WA/HELS/Ambitions/LN/Gen/Pets and doing it ALL on a MacBook Pro now..Hmmm...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 11:00 PM
Nice, very nice, I was lookin for more modern appartments, its a pain having to keep building my own, this should broaden my selection, cheers
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 2:04 PM
Niice! Exactly what I was looking for! And a cheat to rent fully furnished?

WOW!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carrie640
Nope...I haven't added anything on the outside at all. I will see if I can get a screen shot of it

ok..maybe i've understood:
on top of the grill I often put a firealarm (an hydrant), also in open air: it's possible that your npcs want to make a joke with it? they can't do it because they can't reach the hydrant (it's exactly ON the grill, in the same square, so not reachable by sims), then they complain.
The same happened in many dorms of mine, i put intentionally the hydrant on a counter, in this way cows don't continue flooding the room
Forum Resident
#17 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 5:45 AM Last edited by babydawl1880 : 12th Oct 2008 at 5:45 AM. Reason: html issue
This is PERFECT for my NY section of my Neighborhood! Thank you so much for not making me have to do it- especially since mine wouldn't have turned out nearly as great as yours!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 12:16 PM
It's wonderful! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 3:18 AM
This is amazing! Great layout and decent look with the black-red- cube style!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 9:13 PM
simply delicious
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 4:23 AM
I love the colors! Well done!!

Friends don't let friends regress

*Sally*
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 5:19 AM
These are très fresh. I will be watching for more freshness.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 2:07 PM
Contemporary simplicity. Just what I like. Thank you
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 1:08 AM
Thanks, i wish these were in realife
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 9:00 PM
thanks