Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Better Rod Humble visit

by dickhurt Posted 15th Oct 2008 at 4:53 PM - Updated 14th May 2009 at 10:09 PM by dickhurt : adding a separate fix

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 8:02 PM
Thank you for this, I appreciate it, but I do have one question. What will happen if the family doesn't have the money needed? What happens then?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 8:34 PM Last edited by dickhurt : 16th Oct 2008 at 10:39 AM.
It is explained in the readme file actually. The family gets charged anyway and their money goes into the negative.

And the computer is worth 1500, not 800. If it shows as 800, then it is a glitch in your game or another hack that is making it cheaper.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 10:13 PM
That's cool and all, but if you sell the computer it's worth $800. Does the value go up for selling it then, or does the sell price stay the same?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 3:37 PM
My Sims get charged when Humble brings his friggin PC? I don't want that piece of crap for my Sims so why should they pay for it?
Better do a hack where my Sims can kick Rod Humble off the lot, shouting "take your crap and shove it!".
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 7:36 PM
Great hack! I always felt like I was cheating when I used that PC.

Quote: Originally posted by Cyron
My Sims get charged when Humble brings his friggin PC? I don't want that piece of crap for my Sims so why should they pay for it?
Better do a hack where my Sims can kick Rod Humble off the lot, shouting "take your crap and shove it!".

I believe there's a hack over at MATY that gets rid of the bugger. . .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 9:14 PM
I actually like getting the computer and the Sims 3 game, but it felt odd to keep getting free computers on every lot. My Sims should work hard to earn the money they need to buy stuff, so getting a free PC in every house was starting to annoy me.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 5:55 AM
Thanks for answering my question. I hadn't read the Read Me file yet when I asked it, my bad, I know.

The hack works like a charm, thank you! The freebie computer for every house was getting really old, really fast. I wish Maxis had just made a display where my Sims could buy Sims 3, rather than give us a computer.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 9:00 AM
I wish I got a free PC everytime I moved house.
Haha

Great mod. Will make it a little more realistic for the game.
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 1:43 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 9:00 AM
When I create a new family and lot My Rob Humble just keeps coming and leaving each time with a free PC after installing this hack which it gets too annoyed and I have it removed.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 2:28 AM
I don't understand why ud make a hack like this? It takes money from ur family. If u dont want the gift, just delete it. If u do, good, free PC! But what possible reason could there for wanting ur Sim to pay for something u could get free? Makes absolutely no sense.
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#13 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 4:55 PM
Does anyone know of a hack where he brings random objects instead of only a computer?
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hedwig_benjamenta
I don't understand why ud make a hack like this? It takes money from ur family. If u dont want the gift, just delete it. If u do, good, free PC! But what possible reason could there for wanting ur Sim to pay for something u could get free? Makes absolutely no sense.

? Because Its a mod?

1. Mods dont need to be cheatcodes
2. A free computer on every lot IS a cheat
3. Cheating sometimes makes the game boring.
Scholar
#15 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 7:38 AM Last edited by BoilingOil : 1st Mar 2009 at 8:37 PM. Reason: Forgot something
I don't understand several things about this: why would I pay $1,595 for a computer that's worth $1,500, but can only be sold for $1,350 max (if unused) or less (if used)??

I don't think that's "better", it's merely "different".

If we get more than only the computer, then the description of this mod obviously LACKS clarification of what we DO get for that money! Not good!

Also to lucashp, I'd like to say: if you don't want to cheat, but consider the free computer cheating, it's easy to get rid of without this mod... Simply delete the package unopened! That's what I do; no need to rip my Sims of more cash than the package is worth.
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 4:13 AM
I think its a pretty nice Download, makes the game more realistic. I just want a download where I can buy this computer from the catalog.
BoilingOil, if you don't like it dont get it. Simple as that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 4:40 PM
Quote:
$1,595 for a computer that's worth $1,500, but can only be sold for $1,350

That is a game bug which makes it only sell for only $1,350. The computer should sell for exactly $1,500 and will do so when I release another hack that fixes the bug. I actually explained all of this in the readme file already.
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dickhurt
I actually like getting the computer and the Sims 3 game, but it felt odd to keep getting free computers on every lot. My Sims should work hard to earn the money they need to buy stuff, so getting a free PC in every house was starting to annoy me.

You can always just delete the present without ever opening it. You don't get any money from it that way.
You do end up bringing The Sims 3 game home from when you next work though...
Scholar
#19 Old 13th May 2009 at 11:14 AM
The computer should sell for exactly $1,500 and will do so when I release another hack that fixes the bug.

Why wait? You should include that in this mod.

I actually explained all of this in the readme file already.

You should mention such details in the online description, too!
I only download mods if I know *beforehand* what I'm getting... A policy to safeguard me as much as possible from junk cluttering my system.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th May 2009 at 9:23 PM
My readme files tend to be very long. So I don't like to make the hack look intimidating by having paragraphs full of technical details in the online description. That turns many people off to the hack since they're overwhelmed with too much info.

I agree that the computer fix is important and I usually do try to include things like that inside of the main hack. But the same code where I fix the computer value is also used by my billing hack that is coming soon. It charges your family for water and electricity usage. The computer value and the electricity tracking for all computers is shared by the same block of game code. So if I include that computer fix in this hack, then this hack will end up conflicting with my billing hack.

If you actually want the fix, I'm going to attach it to this thread as a separate download file. It does fix ALL COMPUTERS by the way, because all of them are affected by the bug (not just the Rod Humble one).

Thanks for your comments too.
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 2:32 PM Last edited by dicey : 12th Aug 2009 at 1:09 AM.
My dream mod would have him explode the second he set foot on the lot or better yet burst into flames and be doused out by a fireman using his other hose. I can't believe they put something so tacky in the game. Thanks for making this.
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hedwig_benjamenta

REALISM.
And if we delete the computer, then we don't get the sims 3 game. I'd rather this computer and the sims 3 were buyable. Then I'd have no problem. In fact... if anyone can link me to a place where I could get those, I'd be rather happy.
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dark_creations
REALISM.
And if we delete the computer, then we don't get the sims 3 game. I'd rather this computer and the sims 3 were buyable. Then I'd have no problem. In fact... if anyone can link me to a place where I could get those, I'd be rather happy.

I believe someone made a mod to make it buyable. I also believe that the sim will bring home the sims 3 after their first day of work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 11:31 PM
This is AWESOME you know? Loved the idea.