Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pie Menu Text Strings Fix (Updated 2009/05/02)

by Lord Darcy Posted 19th Oct 2008 at 11:00 AM - Updated 5th Nov 2011 at 6:00 PM by Lord Darcy : v1.13: Fixed several Traditional Chinese strings.

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 12:58 PM
Thanks for taking the time to make this fix!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 1:11 PM
klasse gemacht,
danke sehr:-)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 3:52 PM
Thank you so much for this and all of your wonderful fixes!
Banned
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 7:06 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 5:21 AM
:lovestruc Thank you! So much good patch
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 10:52 AM
i cant understand what it does.can u explain a bit more?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 1:02 PM
i love you for doing this!!!! finally my game is not messed up with chaotic pie menues anymore!! thanks!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 11:16 PM
Default Updated to v1.03
2008-10-21: Updated to v1.03. Added Phone SemiGlobal text string to fix "Meet Group on Community Lot" in German. Also fixed the PersonGlobal glitch in Nursery Rhyme popup that affects all languages except for US English. Wrong translation was used for "Gained XXX Skill" popup.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 6:56 AM
thank you very much
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 5:45 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 4th Dec 2008 at 1:11 PM.
Default Updated to v1.05
2008-10-24: Updated to v1.04. Added Book SemiGlobal to fix German and Korean.

2008-10-25: Updated to v1.05. Fixed Jam Band and New Age stations in Finnish.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 10:59 PM
Thank you for making these fixes. I thought I'd lost my mind at first when I couldn't find the read option...I should have known right off it was Maxis. haha
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:12 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 5th Feb 2009 at 12:41 PM.
Default Updated to v1.10
2008-11-07: Updated to v1.06. Added Bed SemiGlobal to fix French text for AL vibrating bed.

2008-11-19: Updated to v1.07. Removed "(Play) For Fun" from FT Family Board Game in UK English, French, German & Korean. Fixed "Kiss.../Dance" in French.
Removed redundant UK English strings as suggested by Pescado.

2008-12-04: Updated to v1.08. Added PetGlobals. Fixed a lot of existing strings in different languages. Removed garbage strings in unused languages for smaller file size.

2008-12-11: Updated to v1.09.

AL patch fixed b0rked cauldron strings for "Resume Making" interactions. Previously, wrong object name was displayed in cauldron pie menu.
I forgot to incorporate this update. Fixed in v1.09.

Also restored AWOL BedGlobals strings, stupid me.

2008-12-23: Updated to v1.10. Fixed OFB business strings for souvenir racks and Danish string for "Fly to School".

Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 8:57 PM
USED Hack Conflict Detection Utility

Pie Menu Text Strings Fix was updated to v1.10 -(LdDarcy_PieMenuTextStringsFix.package)

conflicts with

Misc mods Set 2 UPD 5thApr2008 (alexx_Stargaze_lookT4All_FT.package
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 6:49 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 2nd Feb 2009 at 10:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by NjFlash76
USED Hack Conflict Detection Utility

Pie Menu Text Strings Fix was updated to v1.10 -(LdDarcy_PieMenuTextStringsFix.package)

conflicts with

Misc mods Set 2 UPD 5thApr2008 (alexx_Stargaze_lookT4All_FT.package

Why PM me (not once, but twice) about your hack conflicts when you're going to post it in the hack thread anyway? Badgering people is rude. If you want to ask a question about hack conflict, ask publicly in the relevant thread instead of PMing. I don't like repeating the same answer.

Hack conflict report is a feedback, not a Thanks post. If you're going to post HCDU report, post the full relevant log with conflicting resources, not just the hack name. And it would be nice if you would provide the link of the conflicting hack, instead of sending me to find it all by myself.

Both Alexx's hack and mine modify the pie menu of cheap telescope, so they're incompatible. Unlike Alexx's, mine is not intended to modify default Maxis telescope functions.

Alexx's hack has a bug, which disables "Watch for UFOs" in Maxis cheap telescope. Also it does not fully take multilanguage into account, so both Maxis telescopes will lose pie menu translations. Contact Alexx to resolve those issues.

ETA: Congratulations NjFlash76, you're the first one on my Ignore list. I'm not going to spoonfeed lazy people who cannot even be bothered to do a little research but have the gall to demand other people to bring their homework on a silver platter. Sounds like "a very nice good hearted guy" indeed. Your abysmal grammar is only the icing on the cake.

Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 12:06 PM
I really like your hack, cause it cleaned up my German pie menus very much. Since I have Garden & Mansion stuff its kinda messed up again, which is due to this EP i guess. If you click on another sim and want to kiss or dance with him using the new interactions which came with AL, these pie menu entries are in English. Thats pretty annoying...
Do you know about that problem? And could you possibly fix that?
Thanks in advance!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 2:41 PM
@ganguro: Does your problem exist in hack-free game? Or only when you put my hack in?
I'm pretty sure I fixed that problem in v1.01 or something. Does it still happen in the latest version?

Or you may have another outdated hack which also modifies PersonGlobal strings.

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 4:56 PM
thanks for your quick reply! i will check that and let you know as soon as possible...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 3:27 PM
Default Updated to v1.11
2009-01-24: Updated to v1.11. Added Building Party Phone Call, ComputerGlobals and OFB Craftables.
This time, "Read Sections.../(hobby)" menu was really fixed in German and Brazilian Portuguese.
Chili Con Carne and Grandma's Comfort Soup use "Grab a Bowl" instead of "Grab a Plate".

ganguro, I prefer to get all my feedback on this mod from this MATY thread alone. Please report further feedback on this MATY thread. Several German people were contributing translations there.

Alchemist
#20 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 7:33 PM
Thank you so much I've noticed that there's some wrong translations in the sims 2 seasons too, in polish, like, 'zbieraj pomidors' (pick tomatoes) which is wrong- it shouldn't be just adding an s on the end to make it a plural! That's not polish!
Same with other plant picking, please could you fix that too????????
But thanks anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 2:08 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 17th Mar 2009 at 2:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Beata125
in polish, like, 'zbieraj pomidors' (pick tomatoes) which is wrong- it shouldn't be just adding an s on the end to make it a plural! That's not polish!
Same with other plant picking, please could you fix that too????????
I looked into the string you've mentioned. (Group 0x7F491269)

Is there an exact equivalent of "-s" suffix in Polish, which can be attached after all harvestables, not just tomato? If not, there is not much I can do but removing the "pomidors" part altogether. Or put the singular form in the bracket like the Italian translater did. Because a single string is used for all harvestables, it cannot be customized for each one to allow different plural noun forms.

Please post any further questions or suggestions in this MATY thread. (Ignore the scary Necromancy guy. Necromancy is OK for hack/download threads.)

Alchemist
#22 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
I looked into the string you've mentioned. (Group 0x7F491269)

Is there an exact equivalent of "-s" suffix in Polish, which can be attached after all harvestables, not just tomato? If not, there is not much I can do but removing the "pomidors" part altogether. Or put the singular form in the bracket like the Italian translater did. Because a single string is used for all harvestables, it cannot be customized for each one to allow different plural noun forms.

Please post any further questions or suggestions in this MATY thread. (Ignore the scary Necromancy guy. Necromancy is OK for hack/download threads.)

The mistake is for all harvestables- they all end in an -s but none of them should. For some of them proper endings are not only adding letters at the end, some of them need changing the word eg. 'ogórek' (cucumber) a plural for that is 'ogórki' so you can't change that because a single string is used for all harvestables, but if you could just add 'i' at the end of each word would make more sense...although it's still not right for a few
of them, that would be much better. Thank you.

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 1:12 PM
Actually, it seems that the Polish translator tried to solve this grammatical dilemma by adding the colon after "wiele", so that singular forms of harvestables can be used after the colon. Pity that s/he forgot to remove 's'.

English: Harvest Many $Objects ($Object is a variable for harvestables)
Polish: Zbierz wiele: $Objects

English: Sell Many $Objects
Polish: Sprzedaj wiele: $Objects

Rather than adding 'i', I think it's best to drop 's' as originally intended. Some Poles may be bothered by new grammar muck-ups like 'ogóreki'.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd May 2009 at 4:04 PM
Default Updated to v1.13
2009-03-27: Updated to v1.12. Added Phone Call - Magazines - Subscribe, computers, Drama TV channel and OrchardTreeGlobals.

"Drink (potion)" in Sim pie menu will be merged under "Drink.../(potion)", just like CS potions.

2009-05-02: Updated to v1.13. Fixed several Traditional Chinese strings.

Inventor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 2:44 PM
That's really awesome. The game was so in need of that fix. Thank you, Lord Darcy.
Page 1 of 2