Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Easy-decorate-the-Neighborhood-Camera

by DasMatze2 Posted 26th Oct 2008 at 7:01 PM

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 7:11 PM
Amazing, well done!
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 7:54 PM
Great! Thankyou very much! Will finally be able to get in and see the tiny details that usually get left out =D
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 8:10 PM
Thanx... This help me allot!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 8:28 PM
thanks! This will really help me out when I create my custom neighborhoods, it was impossible to create them with the default camera...

Lazing around is what muttonchop does best..
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 9:35 PM
Thanks for this! I'm decorating a new neighborhood at the moment, and this will help tons.
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 10:47 PM
Could You Make A Version Only To Zoom In To Place Objects So I Can Still Use Masterofallvideogames Hack?

Yes My Avatar Is Of Two Guy's Kissing!What Are You Gonna Do About It?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 10:53 PM
Thanks! I made a new neighborhood last night, and was needing a camera mod to decorate it! I've had one before but lost it. I like this one alot! Very easy to handle.

The best stories come from real life. Check out my Sim story at S2C:
Back To Love
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TaylorGuy
Could You Make A Version Only To Zoom In To Place Objects So I Can Still Use Masterofallvideogames Hack?

It's all stored in one file so you have to edit the third numbers in the brackets by yourself.

BTW: You can't call it hack, it's a simple config file.

DasMatze
Instructor
#10 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 11:11 PM
Great!!
Thank you so much!

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Theorist
#11 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 2:38 PM
thank you this will be very helpful I always hated how the maxis one never went all the way to the edge.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 3:08 PM
Superb! Thanks for the great work!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 4:30 AM
I've been looking for a new camera mod since my last one stopped working for me. Thanks for making this!
#14 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 4:36 AM
Welfeena, did you install any Expansions or Stuff Packs when your last camera mod stopped working? The way these camera mods work, and the way expansions and stuff packs install, they overwrite camera mods. You need to make a back-up copy of your camera mod, and re-install the mod after the expansion.

Could this be what happened to you?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Instructor
#15 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 9:03 PM
Will be testing this out.

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 3:04 PM
Where did you get the railway pieces? I really want them because Its something ive been looking for for ages now!
Scholar
#17 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 2:15 PM
K But....How Do I Do That?

Yes My Avatar Is Of Two Guy's Kissing!What Are You Gonna Do About It?
Scholar
#18 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 8:14 AM
I was using your camera for a few weeks, My Main Neighborhood, Business Neighborhood, and University worked great with it, but when I went to my Downtown neighborhood, I was stuck very far far away in birds eye view, zooming with the mouse wheel or clicking on the + or - icons just wouldn't work, and I couldn't even barely click on any lot to play it since I was zoomed out so far away.

so I recopied the default settings back and everything is okay then, strange the issue only occurred with 1 neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 1:43 AM
That same issue happens to me too, so I had to revert back to an older download that I had, but this one is great though nonetheless, probably some mod I have installed was causing a conflict or something...

SBN 2 EYEWITNESS NEWS
SEASON III - JULY 2009
SBN 2 HD Eyewitness News, premieres in July 2009, take part in the premiere and visit www.sbn2.com for more information.
#20 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 2:47 AM
Citysim, The Sim Vlad, Have you tried middle-dragging the mouse up or down? [I.E., dragging the mouse up or down with the mouse-wheel held down like a third button.] If you get the camera angle too close to the horizon, the zoom tries to go to infinity. When you raise the camera again, the zoom returns to what it should be. My own home-grown neighborhood camera hack has this issue. The minimum angle seems to be dependant upon the terrain, so it isn`t easy to guarantee that it won`t happen.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 12:07 AM
0.0 You are a GENIUS.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 6:55 PM Last edited by DasMatze2 : 15th Nov 2008 at 10:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by 042nrogera2
Where did you get the railway pieces? I really want them because Its something ive been looking for for ages now!

I created a set and uploaded it here a day before this upload. But it still hasn't get approved or rejected by anyone.
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 1:39 PM
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Welfeena, did you install any Expansions or Stuff Packs when your last camera mod stopped working? The way these camera mods work, and the way expansions and stuff packs install, they overwrite camera mods. You need to make a back-up copy of your camera mod, and re-install the mod after the expansion.

Could this be what happened to you?

No no I had it working before a year or so ago. I like to install things like this manually so I know where the problem lies. And I always install mods after installing a new pack. I was using gunmod's camera and I guess they weren't compatible with AL. I wasn't really too concerned about the camera zoom when playing the houses just the neighborhood. They give all this space and make a little confined area to build on but no more! My neighborhood has expanded once again. ^^
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 11:01 PM
this is great, i was getting so frustrated with the limits of the maxis camera. danke schön!
Page 1 of 2