Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 1:27 PM
Default NSIS Error
When trying to install CleanInstaller I get the following message:
Quote:
The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED)

I have downloaded *all* versions several times, but to no avail. Everytime this error pops up.

What do I do?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 3:08 PM
Are you using a download manager?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 3:30 PM
Define download manager?

What I'm doing is just doubleclicking the icon I get as soon as I've downloaded it. As far as I know, no additional software is used when opening installers. I've definitely not had any problems with installing installers (hah) before.

Then again, I might just not be aware of having a manager. How do I find out?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 9:43 PM
You'd probably know if you had one, as you would have installed it! The reason I ask is because it sounds as though your download didn't complete correctly, so you have an incomplete executable. Try downloading again. Also, what size is your downloaded file? It should be 430kb.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 11:05 PM
No download manager then.

I've downloaded the same file approximately 15 times - gives the exact same error every time. Same happens for the older versions.

Download size is 431 kb.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 4:57 PM
Version 1.5.1.2 downloads and runs fine for me. Try the suggestions here:
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Why_do_I_get_NSIS_Error
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 3:32 PM
I just tried to dowload the installer and I got the same error message.

The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED)

I clicked the link suggested by simsample and followed the instructions. I'm still unable to download it and recieving the same error message as before. I would really prefer to avoid skipping the corruption test. Any suggestions?
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 4:33 PM
Wow..nevermind. I feel so silly. It was so simple. All I did was save it first and then it let me download it. Ha.