Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fence-Arches and Fences (Maxis-matching "Pinegultcher" set)

by Numenor Posted 24th Nov 2008 at 2:28 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 8:48 PM by Numenor : Restored missing attachment

68 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 3:24 PM
fabulous! these will be useful! thanks, numenor!
Scholar
#3 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 3:30 PM
This is epic Numenor! i never wondered why the game gave us 5 gate choices but only 2 fence choices. same with the little rustic picket wooden fence and the metal -tornado- fence....the gates both have an extra color not available for fencing :s

ANYWAY... this is great..and i might actualy use that arch now! thanks.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 3:33 PM
These are perfect...(as always).
Thank you once again!

ClicknPsycho
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 3:51 PM
Thank you, Numenor

Too old to learn better english.but too young to have no wishes (for my sims)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 4:06 PM
I'm glad you found out the secret to these arches! I was trying to figure out a way yesterday to create ivy for fences, but couldn't get around the fact that you couldn't build fences over fences. This looks to be the perfect solution! Thank you for the research AND the now highly usable arches themselves!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 4:11 PM
What a great idea! Thankyou Numenor.
Theorist
#8 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 5:11 PM
Brillaint! Thanks Numenor

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Forum Resident
#9 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 6:27 PM
woe, these are awesome, and so beautiful, i love them!
thank you very much
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 6:29 PM
Fabulous Modfather. I use the fence, but sparingly cause I always have a hard time deleteing them once I saved a lot. Hopefully this will end the problem. Anyway, thanks alot for your hard work.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 7:11 PM Last edited by ClicknPsycho : 24th Nov 2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Cleaning up info
Sorry for being a bother, one of these txt files, not sure wich one yet is causing a problem with the diagonal pools tool.

Edit: Thought I had the solution but my fix was not the preferred one & I posted in the wrong thread.
Thank you Numenor!

The 'Great one' will fix the problem in the propper "scriptorium" thread
See Below

ClicknPsycho
Zombie Socks
#12 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 8:43 PM
Again you amaze us! Thank you!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 9:31 PM
Thank you!!! Now I can have a proper trellis!
Instructor
#14 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 9:54 PM
Another amazing (and much needed,) creation Numenor! Your creative mind is an absolute treasure to this community. Thank you for sharing your immense talent with the rest of us!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 11:06 PM
What a perfect idea! I never used the arch fence but now i have more choices.
Thanks for sharing!

Hugs Piggi ^(°oo°)^

>> Piggi's Sims <<
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ClicknPsycho
Sorry for being a bother, one of these txt files, not sure wich one yet is causing a problem with the diagonal pools tool.

Update: "I removed the 'mayplacediagonaly false' line completely from ALL the txt files.
And it all works fine now.
"The line is not needed, in game it says 'cannot place diagonaly' still"

Bother? Not at all, on the contrary! Your accurate bug reports are very useful.
However, your first guess was the right one: this is a problem of the Scriptorium (you did right to post there); it's not due to the FenceArches themselves.

The "mayPlaceDiagonally" is a per-wall setting: each wall/fence/arch uses its own setting, and they shouldn't interfere with the others.
I will explain better why it's the Scriptorium to blame in the Scriptorium thread. Here, I just want to explain that your solution, while it's effective (nice finding! ), it's not the best one, because creators one day might want to create a fence-arch that *can* be placed diagonally, and the "mayPlaceDiagonally" parameter would be required in that case.

Many thanks for taking your time to run these tests, reporting the bug clearly and offering a solution for it Now, hold on while I prepare a fix for the Scriptorium...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 12:08 AM
Woohoo!! thanks!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 12:30 AM
I've been dreaming about having these arches in different colours for weeks! Thankyou so much!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 12:50 AM
WOW...What a great idea!!!...Thanks

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Please remember to hit the thanks button, if you like a creator's work or appreciate the effort. It really does mean a lot to the creators. -tbudgett
Alchemist
#20 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 2:16 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 25th Nov 2008 at 7:19 AM. Reason: first there were none...now there are two
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
creators one day might want to create a fence-arch that *can* be placed diagonally, and the "mayPlaceDiagonally" parameter would be required in that case.
I, for one, would love to place such arches diagonally. Hope someone takes it on!

Thanks for this set, I do use the arches, but they have always been very limited.

EDIT - I can't find any of the arches in-game...should they be with the fences still? The fence colours are there, but no arches at all. I have the two folders in Downloads, and put the .txt files into Scriptorium. This is in mini-game, up to FT.

More Edit - I got the updated Scriptorium and installed it. Now I have TWO copies of all the arches. What did I get wrong? How do I fix that? Sorry to be a nuisance.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 8:33 AM
They are not two "copies", but two alternative versions (standard and "suspended"); try them in game and you'll see the difference.

Attention mini-game players:keep in mind that the Scriptorium folder is located in the game installation folders (Program Files) and therefore it is shared between the full game and all the mini-games; but the Downloads folder is not. Therefore, if you install the arches in one mini-game only, you will see some empty icons in the full game and all the other mini-games. And the opposite: if you install the fence-arches in the full game, you will see the empty icons in the mini-games. This is because all the games read the TXT files, but only one has access the .package files.
If you want to have the fences in all the games, you must install the two "..._Downloads.rar" archives in all the various Downloads folders (full game and mini-games).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 8:59 AM
SCRIPTORIUM updated to v. 2.2c : BUGFIX

25 NOV 2008 - Scriptorium v. 2.2c: BUGFIX.
Improved the internal code so to solve the problem of the diagonal pool
becoming not usable after installing custom fence-arches.
Thanks again to ClicknPsycho for reporting.

ALL FENCE-ARCH USERS SHOULD INSTALL THE NEW SCRIPTORIUM v. 2.2c
in order to solve the mentioned problem with the Diagonal Pools

Alchemist
#23 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
They are not two "copies", but two alternative versions (standard and "suspended"); try them in game and you'll see the difference.

Okay, how silly of me. Thanks.

And yes, I've noticed that about the downloads versus scriptorium folders. Lots of non-existent stairs in my minigames, but I'm used to it.

By the way, do I have to have all the versions? Could I take out the non-suspended set, and still use the suspended ones?
Field Researcher
#24 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 3:40 PM
Numenor, you are some kind of awesome. :]

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Okay, how silly of me. Thanks.

And yes, I've noticed that about the downloads versus scriptorium folders. Lots of non-existent stairs in my minigames, but I'm used to it.

By the way, do I have to have all the versions? Could I take out the non-suspended set, and still use the suspended ones?

Of course! Only Apple (and sometimes Microsoft) demand to decide what's best for you Not me
You have to delete from both the Downloads and the Scriptorium folder the fence-arches 80, 81, 82 and 83 (i.e. the non-suspended ones).

Page 1 of 3