Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 3:48 PM
Default The file gets much bigger after being recolored in simpe?
I want to recolor a hair in simpe.
The package was 578kb after I exported it from bodyshop.
And then, I opende it in simpe, imported another texture and built dxt in order to recolor it.
Then I found It became 1057kb...
Who can tell me why
Thank you in advance!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 4:29 PM
Well , I imported the file and exported it in BS one more time , it became small again -__-“
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#3 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 4:40 PM
Files get bigger in SimPE because they aren't compressed. You can recompress them again using the recompression tool to shrink the filesize down.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 6:23 PM
Thank you, J. M. Pescado !
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 6:27 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 8th Jan 2009 at 6:35 AM.
Pescado What recompression tool? The Compressorizer? Or something in SimPE? I can't find anything that looks like recompression in SimPE 0.68something, is it there or not?

talenzz You can use JFade's Compressorizer on your files before you upload them, and on other people's files after you download them, if those people didn't compress their files. It lets you select one or more directories, then shrinks all the *.package files in those directories.

scroll down on this page to get it
http://www.djssims.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=5

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 1:42 PM
With the texture file open in SimPE, go to window-> resource information. The plug-in view is replaced by a window that shows the GUID and a line that says compressed yes/no. Usually after altering a texture it is uncompressed. Switch it to yes and "force commit" then save. Sometimes it takes more than one try.
I believe that's the SimPE compression JMP spoke of.
Not actually evil.
#7 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 7:12 PM
Neder Thanks!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 10:16 AM
Thank you , everyone