Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Updated 3/3/05: CSI Career

by KLGFCG Posted 18th Dec 2004 at 6:01 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2005 at 9:19 AM by KLGFCG : Note about uni

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 6:14 AM
Excellent I myself am going into study next year regarding psychology, while on the side studying criminology ^_^
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 7:54 AM
Excellent! Personally I have been holding off downloading Careers that haven't had completed chance cards yet (exception made for Dawnkeeper's Psychopath career! Yay!) so this one I snavelled up very quickly! Brilliant... I only have one question. Does it stand independant (being cloned from Science career track) or does it replace it? A dumb question but just for clarification purposes... sorry if I seem anally retentive! *Hahaha*
Again, excellent work! I'll definately give it a shot and post back findings ASAP! Can't wait! Now I have little Goren's (Law and Order: Criminal Intent) running all over Strangetown... as it should be!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 8:00 AM
Default Stands Alone
Even though it was cloned from the science track, this career doesn't replace anything. (though it didn't start out that way... my first tests got rid of the science track and I spent almost an hour pulling out my hair before I realized I forgot to change the group ID... whoopsie) Definitely do let me know what you think of the career. ~KG
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 8:57 AM
Brillant! Love that the chance cards are done as well.

I am hating one thing though, there are so many cool careers, I can't play them all!
#6 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 1:05 PM
I had to snag this career. Thanks so much for your hard work.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 2:28 PM
Noobie moment. Where do I dl this file to What folder
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 2:54 PM
Thank you. I've been wanting to dl these careers.. but most do not have the chance cards done.. so have very patiently (totally not like me!) and waited.. now I don't have to wait! Awesome work.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 3:04 PM
Lgnd178...it goes into the downloads folder.
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 5:08 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much! I have been waiting for this career! I will test it ASAP! Thanks so much!
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#11 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 5:10 PM
Fantastic! I love this idea! Hopefully whoever chooses it can catch the neighborhood serial killer now
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 8:10 PM
Default Chance card . . .
I am using the CSI career for a FEMALE teen and the first chance card she got has (He) in all the instances where it should read "she". Is this something you can easily fix?? If not it is okay . . . I like the career and it is working fine.

Thanks
Sandshifter
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#13 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 9:07 PM
Awsome! I will test this right away! I have always been fascinated with forensic science! This is the best idea for a career so far, I think!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 9:10 PM
oh this is so good thanks
Instructor
#15 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 9:57 PM
Thank you so much. Really appreciate your sharing this with those of us who haven't been able to create our own careers! love that you've put it up complete, too.

Thanks, again!
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 12:25 AM
This is so downoaded!! Now I can have a Vampire and a CSI in the same household (I only download careers with the cards). ^_^ One will be solving the others crimes! Weee!! Thank you so much!
Instructor
#17 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 6:50 PM
It doesn't work for the non US English versions
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#18 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 8:25 PM
One small glitch happened while I was testing this career-I have no idea if it had anything to do with the fact that it was a new career, or if it was just a game bug, however, my sim was on career level four, it was her day off, but suddenly, I heard the car pool beeping outside, and she got a cue to go to work. I looked outside, and there was a limo! I checked what career she was at, snd sure enough, she had jumped up to the top of her career without getting any promotions!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 11:20 PM
cool i cant wait to test this out.. i love csi
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Dec 2004 at 6:31 PM
cool, thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Dec 2004 at 11:19 PM
Default Csi
Glad to know it seems to be working okay so far for most. I'm working on getting it going for non-US versions... lots of cutting and pasting going on right now. BlackKat-- I have no idea why you jumped levels. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't know what I could have done to the career to make it do that, but if it is a problem with the career, let me know. ~KG
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Dec 2004 at 8:02 PM
Thanks, Great Career.
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 9:27 AM
i tried this for about 4 hours so far and have yet to get it to function correctly. my sim refuses to go to the job. it just disapears out of the que and will not stay. i love CSI, it kinda sux that my sim hates it so much she refuses to go to the job lol.....
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#24 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 12:33 PM
try using the newspaper hack to jump him up a job level....The same thing happens to all my sims when they reach around the middle of the career, I give them a promotion, and then it fixes it-Although the first one it happened to missed her car pool for two days, then got put on maternity leave, and when her car pool came the day after she had given birth, she had been somehow promoted to the top of the career (As I said above)-It was either level 4 or 5, and it's something with the cue to go to the carpool.
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 9:37 PM
I did this career and it was great, made it to the top, good work
Page 1 of 3