Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Natural Christmas Tree, Gifts, and a Red one for pippi420

by RGiles Posted 19th Dec 2004 at 8:12 AM - Updated 6th Mar 2005 at 9:08 PM by RGiles

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 82 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 8:17 AM
:argh: :loco: Oh me so happy right now i could kiss you RGiles! *snuggles* :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree:

:Pike: do not resist your urge to download human... resistance is futile :Pike:

If you think you're a d/l whore,that must make me the madam... Don't forget, it's cash upfront or out on your a** you go!

If I've made a download you like, use the "Thank You" button!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 8:23 AM
:santa:
Thanks,...that looks much nicer then that shitty looking thing from Maxis. :devil:

Its fun to be a Sadist.
*The Pain & Pleasure Principle*

Save the world and drown a politican today!

El diablo sabe mas por viejo que por diablo!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 8:27 AM
Hehe just in time for xmas! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 8:28 AM
forgive my stupidity but do i have to get the one from Maxis 1st? since it says replacement i am assuming yes
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 8:29 AM
Yep, requires the Maxis original. This is just textures, not an object.

RG
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 8:30 AM
ok off to get the original junk so i can get the good stuff lol
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 8:52 AM
done thx for the fast reply RGiles
The ModFather
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 9:36 AM
I agree, the original tree looks so... ordinary!
Your new recolours are really interesting and very well made (like all your creations... ).
I would like ...ehm... if I may... to take you on a strange journey.... No, I was joking, my fingers wrote it by themselves! I would suggest to lower a bit the saturation and/or the contrast on the gifts (they would look more natural). I don't know if it's easy to modify only the parcels, I havent looked at the texture.
And a white tree would be a good idea, i think.
I wish I had your ability with painting and recolouring... You have seen the recolours I make for my test objects! :blah:
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 9:43 AM
Actually I'm not very good at it. I can only do simpler objects. These are... well... cubes so I could hack that.

The picture in the middle has the Macxis default gifts. They're just... wow, way to bright. Do you think mine (on the left) are too? I was trying to tone it down. Parts of the Gift textures are also applied to the bulbs, and then have a shiny surface applied as well.

RG
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 9:44 AM
I tried to get a "snow covered" tree that looks like it's really flocked instead of that thing that maxis decided was flocked. Heh. But it's not showing up. *shrug* If you want the PSD with the texture let me know.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 9:47 AM Last edited by numenor : 19th Dec 2004 at 9:51 AM.
Sorry, RG, I thought that the ones on the left were Maxis' and the bright ones were yours! Sorry! Your recolor look way more natural then original!

Oh, and the "substitution" of the decoration meets my personal taste much more, too!

PS
Trivia: I think you have you recognized the sentence in italics (the one that my fingers wrote by themselves... or not?)
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 10:17 AM
That would be the twilight zone, yes?

Glad you like it. I thought the Maxis one was way too bright... and... too many colors in too small a space or something. Cluttered.

RG
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chbimun
I tried to get a "snow covered" tree that looks like it's really flocked instead of that thing that maxis decided was flocked. Heh. But it's not showing up. *shrug* If you want the PSD with the texture let me know.

If you'd like to post the file here, I'll be happy to have a shot at applying it for you.

RG
The ModFather
retired moderator
#15 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 10:24 AM Last edited by numenor : 19th Dec 2004 at 10:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
That would be the twilight zone, yes?

Nope! It's the 1st sentence the Narrator says introducing the story or Brad and Janet in "Rocky Horror". I thought you knew it, but nm, just a useless joke

EDIT: I think that the introduction of Twilight Zone should be very similar, but I never viewed it in original language, so I don't know. On the contrary, the RHPS was never translated in other languages (luckily: the voice of Tim Curry is incredible!)
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by numenor
Nope! It's the 1st sentence the Narrator says introducing the story or Brad and Janet in "Rocky Horror". I thought you knew it, but nm, just a useless joke

Hahahaha! I should have known! LMAO! :D
Actually I haven't seen that since I was a teenager, and that's been... a while now.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#17 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 10:48 AM
Yes I am afraid its necessary to have Testers Wanted: blah blah - this process is still a BETA work in progress and unlike other sites we aren't trying to pass these recolours off as the be all and end all of how this process will be done into the future :D

Its serves to remind people who don't visit the site all that often that there MAY be problems with items, as we don't test each recolour for problems (like setting boolean to true instead of false etc)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 11:01 AM
Ooops, I've been leaving the "testers wanted" part off my stuff because I thought it was a bit superflous as this is a "Beta Testers" thread. However I see your point Loverat about less frequent vistors. I'll do it right next time.

Much improved tree by the way Rgiles. Thanks for this, especially the recoloured presents which are a vast improvement on the originals.
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat
Yes I am afraid its necessary to have Testers Wanted: blah blah
Would it be acceptable to just put "Beta: blah blah" or "Testing: blah blah"? Or something shorter? It's making for some really long titles.

Thanks
RG
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 12:58 PM
I'm new here and I don't now how all works. (and my Englis is bad)
I posted 3 trees last night but no comments.
Can I give link here?
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 1:07 PM
Of course you can give a link here, viky. I'll put it at the top of the post if you like. I'm sure everyone would like to see them.

RG
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 1:13 PM
Thanks. Links is http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=32744 , my post ist last.
If you want put that at the top of post, thanks so much.
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 1:20 PM
Now all we need is a flashing one.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 1:22 PM Last edited by BoaConstrictor : 19th Dec 2004 at 2:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
If you install either the natural tree or the red tree (I don't like it, but hey, it was requested and there I was) you'll get additional color options for the tree.

EDIT: Miss Puff posted another nice more natural-looking tree here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=32697

Does this mean, we can have all 3 in game at the same time? Like the rest of the recoloured stuff?

BTW (Already with SIMS1 I've been a complete idiot at finding items in those weird menue-combinations - still haven't caught the heck of it) where do we find the trees? In one of the "various items" (the 3 rings) options?
Instructor
#25 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 1:32 PM
Oooh, thank you for getting rid of the hideously gaudy cartoon gifts and ornaments.
Page 1 of 4