Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Ornament & Present replacements for Christmas Tree

by Miss Puff Posted 20th Dec 2004 at 7:38 AM - Updated 1st Sep 2007 at 4:35 PM by Miss Puff

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
#2 Old 20th Dec 2004 at 7:42 AM
I love the white one with the blue... thank you!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Dec 2004 at 8:04 AM
these are all great, i'll have to think about replacing my maxis ones, lol.
:santa:
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Dec 2004 at 7:45 AM
could you make them clones or whatever :confused: so i dont have to choose only one:D

http://www.modthesims2.com/images/smiley/bunny.gif
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 2:06 PM
Yah!!!!!!!!! Can you make decorations for the outside of the house? I love these
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 7:00 AM
You are cool I love these. Very good work and thank you
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Sep 2005 at 8:24 PM
Hey, I can't seem to download the Maxis version for TheSims2.ea.com. Could someone help me out?

Thanks
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 4:52 AM
Now my simmies can have a Merry Christmas after all! Thanks for some great recolors.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 5:15 AM
Ok, what weirdo has presents under their tree that all match? I never remember that while growing up. Neither do I remember them being all even and organized.

Good job. They do look nice.
Scholar
#10 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 1:51 AM
The trees look awesome, thank you for sharing them.
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 4:54 PM
Hmmm Purple or Red?
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 6:31 PM
Wow, these are soo beautiful...only I can't find a Maxis Christmas?
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 2:03 AM
Now does it have to be the one from maxis or can it be a recolor of the maxis one?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 6:04 PM
Quote:
Wow, these are soo beautiful...only I can't find a Maxis Christmas?

There is a link to where you can download the Maxis Christmas tree in the original post. In the game I think it's located in decorative, miscellaneous.

Quote:
Now does it have to be the one from maxis or can it be a recolor of the maxis one?

I'm not really sure I understand what the question is. If you put one of these in your downloads folder it will replace the Maxis colored ornaments and presents on the tree, you can't have both. I'd like to make them separate recolors, but last I checked the CEP files still didn't support this.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 11:57 PM
You have some super pretty trees, it would be nice to have them all in game to choose between. Are you sure it has to be a default replacement? You can recolor most objects, why not this one? Just curious. Thanks for the post!!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 10:03 AM
These are really pretty... is it still not possible to clone the Maxis tree and have different colour options, or has that been resolved now? I would love to be able to have both the purple and blue ones in my game, is all... still, nice recolours.

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 5:29 PM
Thanks for the link to the christmas tree on the official site, have seen all the recolours but couldn't find the mesh! thanks for the recolours too :-)

TRAGEDY ANDY - Real Love Is Permanent <3
Favourite.Band.Ever. "You're Famous To Me"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 11:32 PM
thank you

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 10:44 PM
Can't you make them just recolors, and not defaults? Otherwise I am not sure I will download, considering I like ALL of them. Grrr you made them look TOO good, that I want them ALL but I cant!! arggg

ENTJ
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Puff
If you put one of these in your downloads folder it will replace the Maxis colored ornaments and presents on the tree, you can't have both. I'd like to make them separate recolors, but last I checked the CEP files still didn't support this.

nooooooooooo!!!!!! waaaahhh! i was gonna BEG you to make non-default replacement recolors so i kin be greedy an have em ALL!! why cant we have them all! life obviously hates us. lol hope i got my point accross
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 5:02 PM
Hey do you still have the mesh of the Sims Store? I want it but i cant find it since the page is closed
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 5:22 PM
Can you make trees with lots of different colored lights on them too please? Thank you so so much for doing this. Christmas isn't the same (even in a game) without a tree, and I love all the different colors that I can put on the tree with lights. That is the reason I ask if you will make a tree with many different colors. Again thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 8:36 PM
Does anyone still have the mesh anywhere ? I've been looking for it for some time now, since I lost it a while ago as I lost my last laptop... I'd really be grateful if someone could tell me where to find the mesh again. Thank you ?