Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Early Release of US Marine Career

by Bobbling Posted 21st Dec 2004 at 5:47 PM - Updated 10th May 2005 at 4:46 AM by Psion : Updated EP Relevance

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 91 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Dec 2004 at 6:06 PM
Yay! Lol i'm so stupid, "newspaper hack"???
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Dec 2004 at 6:13 PM
cool good going
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Dec 2004 at 6:17 PM
Do you mean the boolProp cheat
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Dec 2004 at 6:21 PM
I was talking about the newspaper hack that was made, if you want it search the forums, it allows you to choose any jobs+the level of the jobs they are in.

A man not fit to die for his country, is a man not fit to live.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Dec 2004 at 6:23 PM
i did, now unless i am that bad at computers, i can't find it, can someone be really nice and get me a link *gets down on knees and begs*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Dec 2004 at 6:26 PM
yep here ya go http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...light=Newspaper

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Dec 2004 at 7:25 PM
Ahh, extra Levels to careers, would it be possible to have a 1 Job Career, such as Maid or Gardener.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Dec 2004 at 8:01 PM
Yes indeed it would, i will prob make tht later on tonight :D

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 12:25 AM
Anyone found any problems with it so far?

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 12:45 AM
Is torturing and brainwashing part of this career?
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 1:10 AM
Bobbling:
I think this career is great, and you did an excellent job on it. A small request: Would you be willing to tweak this career just a little to make an Army career as well?

Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 1:22 AM Last edited by dem83 : 22nd Dec 2004 at 1:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by NBradbury
Bobbling:
I think this career is great, and you did an excellent job on it. A small request: Would you be willing to tweak this career just a little to make an Army career as well?

Keep up the good work!

Screw the army lol. I would really, really love an Air Force version of this career. I know that is a lot of tweaking to do, but if possible I would love you forever and give you my first born.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to look past the imperfections.
#14 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 1:33 AM
wow thanks for this one man. this is probably my favorite one yet
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 3:08 AM
Hey the Army is better. lol
The Air Force has it too easy....

Eh, I only suggested the Army because the Rank structure is similiar to the Marine Corps so it shouldn't be too much work to tweak.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 4:23 AM
Oh I would LOVE an Air Force one like this, I have several sims who wanna join the Air Force.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 4:46 AM
This is sooo cool! Thanks
#18 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 6:16 AM
I'm definitely putting this in my game. I think it would be really kick ass if you could do an Army version of this. I'm not bashing the Marines at all. My hubby is in the military and serving in Afghanistan right now, so I'm kinda partial to the Army. LOL
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 8:07 AM
What unit glitter? I've been out for about a year and a half now.

One thing I came across with this career while testing:
I tried for 4 days straight to get it to come up normally under find job on the comp, but no luck. I finally just opted to use it under the newspaper hack.
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 9:57 AM
Thanks Bobbling for the great work. As a retired US Marine I really appreciate the addition of this career.

Diane Lyn,
What do you mean by tourturing and brainwashing? In my 25 plus years of service, I had never heard of anything such as that ever occuring in the Marine Corps.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 12:07 PM
Thanks all, when i get the chance i will do army, air force and navy, but as you can imagine it takes awhile to do, if anyone comes up with chance cards or descriptions, id b glad to read them :D

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 12:13 PM
Bobbling, your careers are always nice :D
Oh and btw, when are you gonna update teen career for lawyer? Been waiting for it all the time
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 12:34 PM
Nearly forgot about the teen lawyer :P, ill get to work on that later tonight, im going away tommorow afternoon for a week so ill try and get it all sorted before then. :D

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 4:20 PM
Gunny,
Have you been reading the news? Have you heard about the abuses going on in Iraq? About the marines shooting wounded Iraqi children, to put them out of their misery? Torture techniques endorsed by Rumsfeld? Maybe not, but that's what I meant. I guess it's not even the career I mind, it's Bobbling's sig since everyone is not willing to die for this country, especially now! See, I know this forum is for the Sims, so when someone tries to force their opinion on everyone else, I, for one, take offense. Now I will wait for the nasty emails and other garbage that happened when I posted my first comment.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 4:51 PM
Actually, I agree with you Diane. I'm not actually sure though if most people here, especially those who live in America, know about most stuff like that. Whenever I look at American websites or TV Channels, I always see politics at work. At least in the UK, we have a national TV channel (BBC) that is mostly non-biased and tends to show both sides of the story.
Page 1 of 4