Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 2:39 PM Last edited by jobtwo : 22nd Dec 2004 at 3:42 PM.
Default glass roof building finally pics attached!!
thanks to RGiles floor i made this building to see how the floor looks as a roof ,it looks great!! the only thing is its not compatible with homecrafter i am sure that will get fixed but i will use it for myself till we get another one . the posibilities are limitless!!!!!!!!here are some pics its just something i made fast to see how they work as roofs in the game
what do you guys think?

editeded cause i am having trouble uploading the pics

user error lol hopefully here they are
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 5:31 PM
:Slap: Amazing ths could be a beatiful roof, pitty it doesn't work
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 10:16 PM
Does it allow the light through, as a skylight would? Beautiful, though, any way you look at it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 12:02 AM
no it doesn't let anymore light in ...but it looks great in the game just hoping RGiles finds a fix for the homecrafter bug cause i really dont wanna put to much time in on new skylights or atriums if he finds a fix ....i havnt heard if hes working on it or not i know he is busy right now. sure would be nice to have one that works with homecrafter though!
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Dec 2004 at 12:44 PM
how do you did that?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Dec 2004 at 2:46 PM Last edited by kyjj911 : 29th Dec 2004 at 1:03 AM.
That can be achieved by the boolprop constrainfloorelevation false cheat dude. Freaking cool house though. I dont meant to hijack your thread but i just post some pictures of the same thing here. And The another picture has the RG blue trans tile at the top and metal grilles at the bottom by RG.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Dec 2004 at 3:47 PM
You know.. he has already fixed it.... in 4 different colours too.. >>; :D........
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#8 Old 25th Dec 2004 at 4:40 PM Last edited by RGiles : 25th Dec 2004 at 5:39 PM.
Yeah, jobtwo, I've posted a new version that doesn't crash HCP. (although they can't be cloned in HCP, they will just allow the program to run normally) There are 4 colors so far, and they can be found on the Beta forum under Objects. The 5th one, which includes a partially transparent image map, still crashes HCP.

Edit: The roof looks great, by the way. I was hoping we'd start seehing things like this when I posted the tiles. And skylights too.

I'm limiting the use of my stuff to only people who aren't a member of the AAA, though. I don't know whether you are. I feel strongly about anyone keeping their knowledge from the unwashed masses of the community, and don't intend to share my knowledge or efforts with those who aren't willing to reciprocate. I can't enforce it, but I'm hoping that people will respect my wishes.

Happy holidays everyone!
RG
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Dec 2004 at 5:04 PM
Where is the download to download this roof?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Dec 2004 at 5:05 PM
nevermind just saw it lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Dec 2004 at 12:30 AM
thank you rgiles been waiting for this sence the sim 2 came out i will be making green houses for download as well as atriums skylights ect. ect. and probably tutorials also its not very hard to do really useing the constrainfloor cheat but without a tile that doesnt crash hc was way to risky with all the people that download stuff ......so do you want me to direct eveyone to here for your file or would you let people download them with credit to you on the downloads (i wouldnt be puting them up by themselves of coarse) either way is fine with me!

no i am not a member of aaa i appied but changed my mind.

kyjj911 the point is making them look like real windows and yes i used constrainfloor elevation the same thing you did but with windows in the holes see?
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#12 Old 26th Dec 2004 at 12:40 AM Last edited by RGiles : 26th Dec 2004 at 12:43 AM.
I don't really mind whether credit is given at all. My name is part of the package name, anyway. If you make them available for download somewhere else, though, I'd appreciate if you let people know they came from this site... just so if they encounter any bugs they know where to report it.

I'm still considering them a beta, just in case. I do know that if people try to clone them using HCP, that will crash it... I don't think there will ever be a fix for that unless Maxis decides to upgrade HCP to create this sort of effect internally. But at least they don't make it impossible to use HCP at all while they're installed.

I'm looking forward to that greenhouse. I wanted one a long time back. Thanks!

Edit: Still no luck at adding transparent effects to walls, though. They all flash purple at me. It's cool that you can use the floor tiles to create the appearance of glass walls.

RG
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
I'm limiting the use of my stuff to only people who aren't a member of the AAA, though.

What is the 'AAA'? I'm obviously not part of it, and new here, so I am sad that I can't partake in sexy glass floors. =o( I understand your feelings, though, so I just want to know what this 'AAA' is so I can figure out if I can become a part of it. heh
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 1:53 PM
The AAA is short for Architectural Arts Academy which is a "school" started by en7en and others for simmers who are gifted with being able to make nice houses.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 6:55 AM
hope more metal grate floors from RG soon. When you try to make a custom roof on the pool island(surrounded by the pool) you must have at least at least 1 tile near each tile around it or else...see my screenshot and see for urselves.
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AccioJosh
What is the 'AAA'? I'm obviously not part of it, and new here, so I am sad that I can't partake in sexy glass floors. =o( I understand your feelings, though, so I just want to know what this 'AAA' is so I can figure out if I can become a part of it. heh

Errm, I think you have it backwards. RG is sharing this with everyone *except* the AAA, because they're being a bit too elitist and not sharing their stuff. So feel free to participate in sexy glass floors
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 9:19 AM
omg why cant we have this = that lets light in somehow
?? cant ya find out how the windows in the game let in the light and make it so these tiles to also:LOL OMG i so want skylights that work:LOL PLEASE PLEASE
#18 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 12:14 AM
Hi Jobtwo!
I really like the roof that you make!! I've downloaded RGiles' transparent tiles. But I don't know how to put it on the roof like yours. I mean just simply put it on the roof. I've seen house like in this website:

http://justa.dyndns.org/download.php?view.66
http://justa.dyndns.org/download.php?view.67

I've been wondering, how to make part of the roof like that, until I saw yours but still don't know how.
Thanks for helping
#19 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 4:03 AM
Where do I get these tiles?
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 2:26 AM
The code boolprop constrainfloorelevation false its not working for me.Why?
Mad Poster
#21 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 9:45 AM
Mari_d,

what do you mean by not working?

This tutorial may help you understand more
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...?asset_id=27877
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 3:47 AM
make sure its capitalized right... it doesn't work fer me if it's not capitalized the right way... here... boolProp constrainFloorElevation false ya... make sure 'Prop','Floor', and 'Elevation' are capitalized
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies