Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

OUTDATED: The "CEP" (Color Enable Packages) - V. 2.0 - 14-MAR-2005

by Numenor Posted 31st Dec 2004 at 2:52 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:30 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
637 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 636 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 26
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 2:55 AM
Finally finished :D

You and RGiles had to work really long on this
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 2:59 AM
You forgot to add me on the credits list!

Nah, just kidding! *big wet innocent kisses to everyone who helped with this!* I love you guys!

Now, it's time to go crazy... :smash:
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 3:04 AM
See me.....see me download.....never see me again =D

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 3:09 AM
OH and let me add this:

Any recolours done using RGiles Tute MUST be posted in Beta Forum/Object Recolours. Not here, not downloads, not Sims Chit Chat or anywhere else - anywhere else = deleting your thread with no explanation.

kiss kiss now go make me stuff I like =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 3:12 AM
Congrats to u guys and thanks for working so hard for us all. Off to do some recoloring and don't kill me if I'm pm u guys every 15 seconds.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 3:15 AM Last edited by AineBreathnach : 31st Dec 2004 at 3:16 AM. Reason: spelling what else! Its verrry late here!
okay me downloaded .................... :sprint: me gone too!
ooops! :sprint: applying brakes to heels to the sound of screeching, I nearly forgot

THANKYOU with big hugs and kisses and things! you guys are the best and you rock!
Annie -x-
Field Researcher
#8 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 3:24 AM
Just so I'm clear on this. When I post a recolor, of let's say the expensive t.v., do I have to include the 'EnableColorOptionsGMND.package' too? :0)

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot 1927-1956 Christian martyr in Ecuador
Instructor
#9 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 3:25 AM
You have to post a Link to the Enabler Setup File (two Files gonna be installed), not only the GMND.package.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 3:27 AM
This is beyond a major achievement and Quaxi, Numenor and RGiles you worked so hard and long and late at night (and all night) to make this happen as fast as it did for the community. You are deserving of nothing but praises!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#11 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 4:40 AM
Wow! Since Temporary is going to start doing this, I may never play the game again. Kidding. I need to play the game and see all the goodies I have downloaded. I CAN'T WAIT to see what you guys come up with. Everyone is simply amazing!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 4:57 AM
Incredible, can't wait for the game simulator to be colour enabled as i have been wrestling with it for ages!!! That damn object is so hard to clone and get it right.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#13 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 5:02 AM
Where does this thing install, what files does it install, and how can we install it manually? I don't like strange programs installing things. It wouldn't run at all under "jail" permissions. I don't like that. It's doing something weird.
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 5:05 AM
I am SOOOO excited! Great work folks! As usual!

Cult Classics - Whatever's Weird, Random, Eccentric

If you drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let them go because, man, they're gone.
Jack Handy
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#15 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 5:20 AM
I installed the .exe and I watched something go into my Downloads folder:

_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package

What other files does this install and where? Can I put those files in a subdirectory? I put all my recolors/retextures to Downloads / Textures or Downloads / Walls or Downloads / Floors. Do I have to put copies of the "enable color options" files in each directory or do they only appear once and they must be at the root of the directory?
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 5:21 AM
awesome awesome ... is there a tutorial somewhere on how to make color packages? i downloaded/installed hte thing but i have no idea how to use it. i have SimPE and all that jazz.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#17 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 5:23 AM
In the first post of this thread, there is a link to RGiles' tutorial. You have to follow that tutorial to the T in order to get this to work.
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Where does this thing install, what files does it install, and how can we install it manually? I don't like strange programs installing things. It wouldn't run at all under "jail" permissions. I don't like that. It's doing something weird.

I don't like strange programs installing things either. Would like to have this though.

J.M. it's probably a stupid question but what's "jail" permissions?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 6:12 AM
Quaxi or Numenor (if u guys r still awake), is there some reason why I can't recolor the dollhouse & the toyoven? These r the only two I am having trouble with.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 6:21 AM
petal, read the exceptions text before asking, if the objects you stated are there, then they still do not have options 2 recolour them yet. If they are not there there is really a problem.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marjan
I don't like strange programs installing things either. Would like to have this though.

J.M. it's probably a stupid question but what's "jail" permissions?

It installs 2 .packages that can be removed like any .package by deleting, on in downloads and one in the sim3d directory that enable addirional color options to show up in the game. This is not overwriting anything in the game

Come visit www.variousimmers.net where my original objects and recolors now reside. The site hosts many other creators, moddres and developers.
Test Subject
#22 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 6:25 AM
Thanks Rennie
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 6:39 AM
i dont know if its this colour ting or its SimPE but you cant re-colour the kids stove. when u use OW nothing comes up?? is this just SimPE and needs to be fixed?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kidwizz
i dont know if its this colour ting or its SimPE but you cant re-colour the kids stove. when u use OW nothing comes up?? is this just SimPE and needs to be fixed?

You're right, it looks like there something wrong in the toy oven. We'll try and fix it.

QUAXI: when creating a recolor package for the toy oven, no files are collected.
I tried to *clone* it and the Resource Node is missing (and all the related SHPE, GMND, MATD and so on). I tested last time this object *before* you changed the way SimPE collect the Resource node (using the text list 0x85 as full filename and not as prefix). May be related? The support packages are OK, I checked them.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 7:50 AM
Numenor -can you check the potty chair - it enables the axis object without a problem but it adds a second potty chair with a * next to the original in the catalog
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 26