Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: Clothing rack Dressers

by Htksos Posted 31st Dec 2004 at 11:39 PM - Updated 16th Jan 2005 at 1:53 AM by Htksos : Changing the file

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 6:26 AM
Yahoooooooo....wanted this...thanks gotta try it
will I find it under dressers?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 6:32 AM
very nice, we need these
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 6:00 PM
Ameiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 7:39 PM
Oooh... I can make a cute li'l closet! Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 3:48 AM
they appear under dressers, yes
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 3:56 AM
Kool beans man kool beans!
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 2:36 AM
these rule, we've been wanting a closet so bad!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 3:29 AM
Thanks alot for sharing this clothes rack is what I have been looking for.
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 8:26 PM
Let me get this straight:

With this, you can put one of those clothes racks in your house and all of your clothes will be there, even if you haven't bought them from a community lot? (probably not the same for toddlers though right?)

If so, that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!

...oh and just to confirm...this does work with the nude patch?

Thanks!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 9:20 PM
There you are! I've been replying to your other request, which was in the wrong forum, btw. Can you delete it? If you see my response, this is the thread I was going to refer you to.
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 9:35 PM
Hi! I was replying to you on the other forum. Thanks for your help!! Other thread is deleted. ;-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 3:54 AM
No, this works as a normal dresser, it only gives you the clothing you have bought. The only "feature" of a Community lot Clothing rack is the Browse interaction, which fulfills the fun need.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 12:52 AM
[QUOTE=Htksos]I know of 1 bug with this, and that is it seems to affect the normal clothing racks on the community lots. It does not modify the semi-globals for the clothing rack, so it appears to be compatable with the nudity patch.QUOTE]

Affects them how?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 3:09 AM
I haven't been able to figure out completely why, but the normal version of these 2 racks gained the pie menu from this rack, even though they have seperate GUID's and I did not modify the semi-globals.
Of course that may not be a bug with this , but maybe I messed up my objects.package.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 1:50 AM
But will I still be able to use the community racks as before?

I'm a little confused here, sorry--

This is an excelent idea by the way, I've been dying to make proper walk in closets. So I'll be testing this.

The only thing that could improve it is one-tile versions for odd-sized closets (but I will happily work with these!)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 11:59 PM
Unfortunatly that is the bug.. it slightly replaces the community lots clothing rack. I have found and fixed that bug, but it caused it not to work at all I think it has something to do with the old GUID being referenced somewhere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 1:04 AM Last edited by Htksos : 16th Jan 2005 at 1:55 AM. Reason: spelling
I think I killed the bug:
for those who want to know:
You specify a GUID for each object, then reference another object in the item. In this case there are 3 object data files, the third one has the GUID for the second one in the "Original GUID", the second one had the first in the Original GUID, and the First one referenced the blank object.

-- I'm going to go fix the dress rack and come back to replace the broken file with the good one
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 1:58 AM
fixed... now to remove the legs, I guess I'd better go read the mesh threads...
Field Researcher
#20 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 8:52 AM
Looks good, ive been wanting something like this Ill happily test it out.
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 6:34 PM
These are FANTASTIC! They both look and work great in my game. Thank you!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 10:32 PM
Can't buy clothes any more!
Hey,,,Love this idea. I think it's one of the better ones. However, I can't buy clothes at the community lots any more. The game only gives me the options to browse or try on, which is what I get at home. How do I fix this? Thanks! By the way, anyone thouhgt of making clothes shopping easier via the computer? I think that might be cool. You'd still have to pay, but you won't have to leave the house...hmmm....

Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 4:52 AM
Sukiranieri, Try re-downloading them again, I fixed that bug and updated the file on the first post.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 4:55 AM
for Fun I mix one into the racks on the community lots, then you can have the sims change into their newly bought clothes.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 9:32 PM
By the way I love this object The only problem I had was with my buy-clothes ones not working but I see you've fixed that. Also once I was in the game I realized they WERE one tile version, silly.

In any case I just wanted to say thanks, I love these! they're making appearances in almost all my sims houses
Page 1 of 2