Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Updated 6-12-05*Testers Wanted*: Maid Career

by Bobbling Posted 1st Jan 2005 at 6:30 PM - Updated 5th Jan 2005 at 12:22 PM by Bobbling : Update

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 10:56 PM
Hiya,
Thanks for the career. ^_^ Just to let you know, when I loaded the game, it gave me an error & then crashed. Stopped when I removed the it. Any other downloaders have that problem?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 11:47 PM
hmm, i seem to be getting this prob, not sure why tho, ill look into it.

A man not fit to die for his country, is a man not fit to live.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 3:16 AM
Bobbling it crashed mine also. Hope u get it fixed would love to have in my game.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 10:57 AM
mine also crashed - I tried repeatedly

admittedly I have a lot of hacks and thousands of bodyshop/objects dls
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 2:16 AM
Ok guys+gals, the cleaner career is here (update really), get it while its hot :P

#7 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:37 AM
Default hey
Hello every1 i'm new to this site.
I just downloaded some new carrers and not sure where to extract them to plz help.
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 11:44 AM
My Documents\EA Games\Downloads, as with any other Sims2 download
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 4:22 PM Last edited by fishface60 : 3rd Jan 2005 at 4:36 PM. Reason: Results
Just what I wanted, putting it in to test now.
EDIT: The Game didn't crash on loading, made all the Maid NPCs have these jobs using hacked painting.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:48 PM Last edited by KLGFCG : 3rd Jan 2005 at 9:48 PM. Reason: more info
Default Tiny problem
Love this idea, but right now, it's overwriting the Slacker career. I noticed the group ID hasn't been changed to 0xFFFFFFFF. I changed it with SimPE for me and that fixed the problem. I now have a couple sims happily working in the cleaning field. Great job! ~KG
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 9:50 PM
Did ya see if tht was the prob m8?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 9:52 PM
My brother has since removed this because of overwritings, could you update to not overwrite
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 12:59 AM
Yep Update is now attached, should now be standalone, sorry for the wait :D

Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 3:42 AM
Just installed the new version of it (having *not* installed the old version) and it still overwrote the Slacker Carrer in 2 or my sims.. Sorry for the bad news.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 12:19 PM
Ok soz for tht, it should definatly not replace now soz bout tht, school boy errors :P

Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 3:39 AM
Ok, it's fixed now. Thanks for that Bobbling.
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Jan 2005 at 2:36 PM
Does it work for the European Version too or only for the North-American?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by asta
Does it work for the European Version too or only for the North-American?

I don't think it's enabled for al languages yet. It doesn't show up in my game.
Could you please check?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 10:23 PM Last edited by BoaConstrictor : 3rd Feb 2005 at 8:51 PM.
I have no idea, why this is, but today I found your career in my international game. It is still labelled "Slacker", though, in the newspaper-hack-menu.

It definitely was not there earlier, because I checked all the original-career-named ones repeatedly. I did install new careers and updates and something else is now causing trouble in the business career, so it seems kind of unlikely that they triggered its appearance. Well, I don't know... Some other career must have blocked it.

It seems unavoidable, that we get a list of the Guids of all careers accumulated in one thread, so each modder can check easily, if there is an overwrite...

Yours is a HUGE mystery to me!

I made it come up under "Cleaning" instead of Slacker in non-US. However, in the paper the 1st level reads "Projectionist" (I was told that's the first level of the Slacker career). Once you accept the job, in the Sim's job description it shows correctly as Trainee maid/cleaner.
When your given levels are finished we continue with ranks like "convenience store clerk" and "record store clerk".

Something is very wrong there as far as the reducing of levels is concerned.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 31st May 2005 at 5:49 PM
Hey! I wanna say thx for making all utr gr8 stuff- gotta go and test them out now, aint I?
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 7:35 PM
is it ep ready?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 8:06 PM
i downloaded it.
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 7:59 AM
is it EP ready??
Field Researcher
#24 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 10:25 AM
Yess I wanted this for a long time !!!