Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Semi-transparent shower curtain (Updated 6 March)

by RGiles Posted 5th Jan 2005 at 10:59 AM - Updated 6th Mar 2005 at 7:54 PM by RGiles

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 74 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 11:19 AM
RGiles, you are too good for us
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 11:45 AM
That looks cool. Thank you I've been wanting a transparent shower curtain or near it.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 11:49 AM
Oh so kewl! I have been trying to figure out how to make textures transparent, I will study these textures of yours and try to learn how you made them possible.
Thank you so much RGiles (this time Mr. RGiles, I won't be mistaken )

Hugs,
Kimmy
#5 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 2:55 PM
These are great, thank you
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 2:55 PM
Rgiles! You are infinitely cool. Yaaay!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 4:33 PM
This is sooo awesome. Thank you!
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 12:57 PM
This curtain looked really great and natural in game, thank you!
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 1:17 PM
I LOVE THIS!! Woo I mean, yay... Drats I could never see the word "woohoo" in the same light again
Forum Resident
#10 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 1:24 PM
Terrific, can't wait to try it, it looks great in the pics, Thank you so much for sharing, you truly are very very talented.
#11 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 2:05 PM
These are so going in my game! Thanks so much!

Cree
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 10:33 PM
ooo... cool... and pretty too! yer awsome!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 10:38 PM
Nice work will try it out
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 12:56 AM
Quick question, RGiles... How do you crank up wonderful things such as specularity? I know how to modify the alpha maps, but things such as specularity, where is it located for the file/texture?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 1:10 AM
Hey RG,

did u make this the same way u can add reflections? with exporting the MATD of an objetc that was semi-transparent and then replace the MATD in the OW created colour extrnsion package and changed a few of thr names and such what?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 1:56 AM
Very very cool! Even though my sims still have their lousy barbie bodies and blur enabled, :sadpanda: ( I have two small children that love to watch my sims. ) Thank you very much! I love them!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#17 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 2:00 AM
Hey RG Great job again. Just wondered, If you cant make transparent walls, is there any possible way to make a transparent door? Im looking for something that would fit into a wall and be totally clear but none of the windows are full wall size and you cantmake the glass clear yet. just a thought.
Space Pony
#18 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 3:44 AM
These are gorgeous! =o)
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 7:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
Hey RG Great job again. Just wondered, If you cant make transparent walls, is there any possible way to make a transparent door
Probably but I can't promise cause I haven't tried it yet. It'd be worth a shot.

RG
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 7:58 AM
VERY nice, thanks!

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kidwizz
Hey RG,

did u make this the same way u can add reflections? with exporting the MATD of an objetc that was semi-transparent and then replace the MATD in the OW created colour extrnsion package and changed a few of thr names and such what?

I made the semi-transparent graphic, and then I changed just a few setting in the MATD. The important one is to find stdMatAlphaBlendMode in the MATD, and change the value from "none" to "blend". That tells the MATD to pay attention to alpha channel in the texture image.

I also increased specular levels and reflection levels (it already had both) to make it look more like shiny plastic. That's just trial and error, and I think this one really should be a little more reflective.

So it was a really short process, except the trouble of masking out each shell in photoshop.

RG
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 2:49 PM
That is JUST what I've been looking for!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 8:05 PM
Very good work, thx
Space Pony
#24 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 10:57 PM
:gidea: Thank you ! :cdance:

Silvi
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Jan 2005 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
I made the semi-transparent graphic, and then I changed just a few setting in the MATD. The important one is to find stdMatAlphaBlendMode in the MATD, and change the value from "none" to "blend". That tells the MATD to pay attention to alpha channel in the texture image.

RG

Thanks, I was just trying to figure out how to make the cheap shower curtain tranparent and stopped by to see if anyone knew how to make the alpha channel usable. It's nice to find the answer on the first search good Karma day.
Page 1 of 4