Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Motor Sport Career v1.0b

by schulz18 Posted 5th Jan 2005 at 10:14 PM - Updated 7th Jan 2005 at 12:43 PM by schulz18 : Updated version

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 10:17 PM
Does it replace any of the other careers ?
And thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 10:30 PM
Does not replace any other careers as far as I am aware of.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 12:36 PM
I believe there is a problem with the chance cards. They seem to have all the same outcomes for each level. Im going to bed, I'll fix it tommorow.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 12:52 AM
schulz18
Brandi Broke just made F1 driver ... now it's not safe to drive on the track either

Car pools arrived : no problems there
Chance cards are a little screwed up tho (I feel)

The mechanical abilities, together with logic, etc all remain static. Even Body requirment doesn't get higher than 2Pts.

I have only run the adult career at this time

You're getting there ....... Ty
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 3:37 AM
Thanks for the feedbacl WozGunna. I just fixed the chance cards and was going to upload the new version when I saw your post. I'll delay the new version and fix those other problems first.
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 8:39 AM
schulz18
One of my teen sims has gone to the top of the teen motorsport career and has since become an adult.

There were no problems with the car pool

One chance card (I can't recall all details) that had to do with either sweeping up or changing plugs, anyway the sims name hadn't been called up properly by the card. The code appeared instead of the name ($Me or whatever it is) I meant to write a note about it at the time but didn't - now I have the dreaded CRAFT disease

The transition to the adult version of the career appears to have gone without any hitch ... I will know more when I resume play tomorrow - I'll yell if there is any problem

So Far - so good

Well done mate
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 12:46 PM
I have addressed the bugs found so far and released an update (1.0b). Check the first post.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 5:54 PM
I've just checked, I have the latest update, but unfortunately it doesn't show in my non-US-version.
Did you enable it for all languages?
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 2:49 PM
the same with me. i would like to play this special career. but it doesn't show up. with the SimPE job editor i turned "english only" on, but it still doesn't show up.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 8:54 AM
carpool yea, but my sim wouldn't go to work??
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 7:47 PM
Hi!
I rechecked today - after having read through most of the career posts I removed the News and the Superstar Career, which had definitely caused probs with overwriting others.

Great news and I guess I owe you an apology for shouting fire: your career now shows up in the menu (I was surprised - to say the least - when the description was there in German!), however, one little issue remaining: Still running under "Slacker".

Could you try that little bit of additional tweaking?

Thx
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 1:08 AM
Working great. No overwrites of other careers. Thanks alot.
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 12:19 PM
Hmmmmm - any chance of duping this to reflect some other racing circuits? Namely:

Nascar Cup

Nascar Busch

Nascar Truck

Nascar should start out in other curcuits, optionally World Of Outlaws Sprint Cars, NHRA Dragsters, CART Indy Cars, and ARCA Cup Cars. And, of course, the first level is always Trainee, since they can't be behind a wheel until taught. I think they should be given homework at that level too (adults and elders included) just because they should need to prove themselves before getting behind the wheel in lots of ways.

Anyway; I'll wait till your done tweaking this before hoping for a Nascar version. Poor Rusty will have to continue to carpool it to the business career until then :-( .... And when uniforms become avalable, I'll be looking for #2 Miller Light, #20 Home Depot, and #9 UAW Dodge. :-)
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 10:14 PM
One of my Sim works in this career, now he had a chance card where he won the third place and should get a 400 $$ reward. Instead of the 400 he received 400 000 §§.

Have you already changed this with the new version? I'm playing with the first version, so I don't know if it's fixed yet.
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thunderspirit
Nascar should start out in other curcuits, optionally World Of Outlaws Sprint Cars, NHRA Dragsters, CART Indy Cars, and ARCA Cup Cars. And, of course, the first level is always Trainee, since they can't be behind a wheel until taught. I think they should be given homework at that level too (adults and elders included) just because they should need to prove themselves before getting behind the wheel in lots of ways.

Or how about the USAR racing series? They're impressive, and a lot of the NASCAR guys' kids race with them??

losing myself in this alternate reality is like becoming anything i want to be: a doctor, an athlete, or cook...i love the chance to be more than i am
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrschrispine
Or how about the USAR racing series? They're impressive, and a lot of the NASCAR guys' kids race with them??

Works for me! Great sideline to a teen career also!

I just wish that there were more than 10 levels of achievement in any career, 3 in teens. The possibilities involving the racing circuit would just boggle the mind. It's too bad that the chance cards couldn't also slant your career.

for example:
"Your boss tells you that your name just came up for promotion. Before you can be promoted, however, he asks if you'll take a short reflex test. Do you take the test and take the chance of not being promoted? Or do you try to worm your way out of it?"

The first gives you a shot at the driver aspect of the career, the second puts you steadfast on the pit crew aspect.

Such a wild card should come up around level 2 or 3, as until then much of the training is the same.

Anyways - just a few of my random thoughts :-)

"Geeez ... would it kill them to stab eachother? ... Oh ... hehe ... I guess it would!" ~ A Mad Sim Programmer trying to overcome a program error ... lol
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Jan 2005 at 8:36 PM
I have played this career in my game and it is great the teens reach the top of the career tree easily but the adult version does not show at all in my version (UK Version). any ideas
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 11:26 AM
great career. its not compatible with my NL though
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 12:00 AM
I have just finnished making a f1 ferrari overall,i cant upload right now but i can tommorow if you like it you can edit the career and use it in their(with some small credit to me)
please pm me if you are interested or not(i can check you at lest saw this)

I WAS TOLD ARMAGEDDON WAS COMING AND WERE ALL GOIN TO DIE

I SAID OI ITS NOT THAT BORING I BOUGHT THE VIDEO
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 5:17 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 7:29 PM
Thank you.