Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Gardening is Fun!

by Ophidia Posted 6th Jan 2005 at 8:11 AM - Updated 15th Oct 2008 at 9:10 PM by Christy1077

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 12:36 PM Last edited by Pakuru : 6th Jan 2005 at 12:38 PM. Reason: misspelling ^_-
o horray! thanks Ophidia! i'll try this one out. ^_^
Forum Resident
#3 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 12:46 PM
Oh, this is great ophidia, I'm certainly going to try it out, thank you so much.
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 1:37 PM
What a cute idea! Very considerate of you to take the time to make.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 3:23 PM
Woo! Being I work at a Garden Center this is one needed mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conker87
Woo! Being I work at a Garden Center this is one needed mod.

Really? Me too! Where abouts is yours?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 5:39 PM
good work!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 8:18 PM
yes...it works...my sim had so much fun...thank you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by az_qhan
yes...it works...my sim had so much fun...thank you

Thank you for writing this reply . It's useful to know when a mod actually works, as well as when it doesn't!
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 8:39 PM
Thank you so much I will try it right now!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 8:57 PM
Thank You, I now too enjoy gardening,with my Sims, anyway ;-)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ophidia
Really? Me too! Where abouts is yours?

Woo! I live in the UK. I work at Trowell Garden Center, in Derbyshire.

−=≡ conker87 ≡=−
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conker87
Woo! I live in the UK. I work at Trowell Garden Center, in Derbyshire.

Pretty near me, then- Astbury Meadow Garden Centre, in Cheshire. I used to work for Bridgemere, but it's a kakky place.
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 3:35 AM
I don't know which is greater, the hack or your introduction to your hack!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 4:41 AM
Thank you, Ophidia!

Now, here's one for ya.......can it be tweaked to give body points for gardening? When I garden I know I certainly burn off a few calories with all the bending and stretching.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ilikefishfood
Thank you, Ophidia!

Now, here's one for ya.......can it be tweaked to give body points for gardening? When I garden I know I certainly burn off a few calories with all the bending and stretching.

Ooh, I like that idea! It does make sense, doesn't it? Now, in order to keep the hack balanced, it'd have to be a pretty slow gain- slower than the more expensive items in the game. I don't have the foggiest how to do it, but then I didn't have a clue how to make the gardening is fun hack when I started :D.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ophidia
Ooh, I like that idea! It does make sense, doesn't it? Now, in order to keep the hack balanced, it'd have to be a pretty slow gain- slower than the more expensive items in the game. I don't have the foggiest how to do it, but then I didn't have a clue how to make the gardening is fun hack when I started :D.

Oh, I have much faith in you! Go for it! I'd be happy to test your experiments.

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Jan 2005 at 6:03 AM
Default Gardening fun
Wonderful, I was waiting for this. I too enjoy gardening very much, and I agree that it does burn calories as well (thank goodness for that!). Thank you very much, I'll try it immediately.
#19 Old 8th Jan 2005 at 11:11 AM
Thanks very much! this will come in handily!
Have you seen the gardener career? it's in Forums\Modding\Careers.

Can you do new plants??
Field Researcher
#20 Old 9th Jan 2005 at 12:24 AM
Thank you for this. Wonderful idea!
Theorist
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 6:52 PM
From the first of April through the end of October I can spend every waking minute that I'm not attending to physical needs working in my garden. And why? Because I love my garden! Sure, I sneak away once in a while to play a computer game, but during those months if my health allows it I'm not looking for any other kind of entertainment.

The only other thing I think sims should gain from their gardening is body points. Nothing like the physical activity of it all to tone a few muscles.
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 9:38 PM
Default Limitations to fun?
Hi, just joined and have been browsing through all the discussion (lots of fun!). Had one thought about this mod, maybe not everyone should get fun out of gardening? Like maybe only the more serious or active Sims would like it (since people pointed out that gardening can be pretty hard work physically), and the others wouldn't have so much fun or none at all?
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Doranwen
Hi, just joined and have been browsing through all the discussion (lots of fun!). Had one thought about this mod, maybe not everyone should get fun out of gardening? Like maybe only the more serious or active Sims would like it (since people pointed out that gardening can be pretty hard work physically), and the others wouldn't have so much fun or none at all?

great idea. why didn't anyone think of this sooner? personally I HATE garden work except mowing the lawn, why you ask? cause we have 1 of them little tracktor thingies that makes a lot of noise and drives all over the place, lawn, flower beds, bushes it don't care :nana: unless you try to run over a tree :argh:

The United States of America.
Where liberty is a statue and patriotism is trusting your covernment.
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 6:34 AM Last edited by Doranwen : 24th Jan 2005 at 6:36 AM. Reason: messed up the quoting
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by Ahmon
great idea. why didn't anyone think of this sooner?

Awww, thanks! I don't think it should be too hard to put into practice--have seen some similar concepts done by other modders around. *whispers* That's what made me think of this. *stops whispering*

It has been a sheer delight just seeing all the wonderful ideas people have come up with--and actually implemented. Great appreciation for those who spent their time working on these projects so all could benefit! (And of course, also appreciation for those who risked their sanity and whatever else to test some of the projects out so bugs could be identified and then fixed.)
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 12:09 AM
Thank you, this is wonderful and will be my first hack!
Page 1 of 3