Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #4: The Matte Sphere *OPEN CONTEST*

by Numenor Posted 6th Jan 2005 at 6:28 PM - Updated 16th Feb 2009 at 12:21 AM by Numenor : Added several Animated Spheres by Pixelhate

85 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 6:39 PM
Oooh, this would look so cool if someone can retexture it to look like a palantir w/ Sauron's eye.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 6:40 PM
BTW, Numenor, I kept on forgetting to tell you that when I watched the Return of the King extended (the extras), I heard "Numenor" mentioned many times and I was like, "Hey, so that's where he got his name!" LOL
Firestarter
#4 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 7:00 PM
It looks really kewl We need to make it do something, but I can't think of what yet.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
BTW, Numenor, I kept on forgetting to tell you that when I watched the Return of the King extended (the extras), I heard "Numenor" mentioned many times and I was like, "Hey, so that's where he got his name!" LOL

You guessed right (actually, I chose that nickname after having read the book, way before the movie - and MTS2 - would come out ).
Numenor wasn't a person, but actually an island, that lately sank down into the ocean. My Avatar represents one of the last Ancient Kings of Numenor.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 7:11 PM
... and I kept on asking my husband what the name of those statues were (in your avatar) and I won't ever forget them now... the Argonoth...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Carrigon
It looks really kewl We need to make it do something, but I can't think of what yet.

I'm desperately trying to make a floor lamp of it. I've cloned it, edited the ObjectData to make them appear in the catalog among the floor lamps (I've registered a new the GUID for the "lamp" sphere, that I called "The Daily Globe" ). I changed the Global Data to Lamps globals and edited the Object Functions to make it turn on and off, added the right BHAVs and everything, and still it doesn't light up.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
... and I kept on asking my husband what the name of those statues were (in your avatar) and I won't ever forget them now... the Argonoth...

Almost correct. They're the Argonath.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 7:37 PM
Oops, I had spelled that way originally. I don't know what made me change it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 7:51 PM
would be cool if someone made that into one of those earth globes
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 9:31 PM
The glass one does not show to be in my game. Am I doing something wrong?
Oh, I do have the recolor enable .package.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 9:37 PM Last edited by daysies : 6th Jan 2005 at 9:40 PM.
You probably need to update to the newest release of CEP. It got updated today.

Edit: I had to look for the link: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=119480
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 9:48 PM
That worked, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 10:33 PM
Yup, a really huge globe would be cool.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 10:47 PM
That is really neat. A cool thing to do with it (even though it might not be able to be done yet) is to have like electricity flow through them, so when you touch it, it will follow your hands.
Firestarter
#16 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by numenor
I'm desperately trying to make a floor lamp of it. I've cloned it, edited the ObjectData to make them appear in the catalog among the floor lamps (I've registered a new the GUID for the "lamp" sphere, that I called "The Daily Globe" ). I changed the Global Data to Lamps globals and edited the Object Functions to make it turn on and off, added the right BHAVs and everything, and still it doesn't light up.

Bet it's some setting somewhere. I've had that happen with things. Try a reverse clone. Clone a floor lamp, put these graphics in there, see if that does it.
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 3:58 AM
Idea
Heyyyz I got an idea for what that ball can do, U know those lamps that have electrical surges thru em, when u put ur hand the all the electricty runs to ur hand????? that would be cool :smash:
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 4:38 AM
brgndyrose31 just said that a couple of posts ago, Lcm.

§
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 7:48 AM
Sorry, but it can't become a Palantir, nor having electrical surges that flow inside it, because the mesh for the globe is completely empty, inside. So, no objects can be represented inside it. What a pity, though; the Palantir was a great idea (well, it would be a *giant* Palantir, but who would care? )
#20 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 11:30 AM
Too bad you can't put something in it...making it a huge fishbowl would be cool.
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 11:57 PM
You could make it look like a giant fish bowl. paint little fishies on it and such
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Carrigon

For me its going to sort of serve as a crystal ball for my gypsy sims. The plasma ball Idea was a great idea and could be done with new animations. I seen some new deco items earlier in another thread that had been remeshed. Fire crystals. that had light that moved around on them. Id like to see it narrowed down to a blue or purple light that moved slower and smoother but it does give inspiration. Or glowing smoke inside the balls maybe. There is a lot that can be done with this sphere. And Carrigon, since you are excelent with code maybe you could add some mind control functions to it. There are some great possiablilities for this.

I have about a million clickin around in my head now lol.

Unfortuneately I have no idea how to make animations, or know enough about codding these things to do any specific thing.

Will be interesting to see what you guys can come up with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't compare your life to others,
You have no idea what their journey is about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 10:43 AM
What an interesting signature cozmicrain
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 12:57 PM
miura: re cozmicrain's signature... it doesn't specify which hair to pull... so much left to the imagination!
Banned
#25 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 1:06 AM
Someone should make it be one of those weather things but make sure it won;t like completly crash the game.
Page 1 of 4