Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #5: Dielectric Electrobreeze Windmill

by Numenor Posted 12th Jan 2005 at 3:25 PM - Updated 30th Oct 2008 at 1:53 PM by -Maylin-

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 3:28 PM
Thanks numenor.....will give it a try.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 5:20 PM
Yay, new goodies! Thanks a bunch.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 5:34 PM
Thats cool thanks for finding it,
Hope you keep looking and find more goodie hidden in the game
#5 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 5:41 PM
Looks awesome, thank you
Forum Resident
#6 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 1:35 AM
Ah...this is already/always has been in my game as neighborhood decor....
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 2:16 AM
I'll give it a try..
Firestarter
#8 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 2:56 AM
It's wonderful. Thanks
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mutantbunny
Ah...this is already/always has been in my game as neighborhood decor....

Oh! You're right! You know, I've never added any decor to a neighborhood, so I didn't know...

Anyway, it's good to have it available in buy mode, too; don't you think so? :D

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 9:23 AM
These are so cool thank you for finding these. Thank you again A very nice addtion to the home.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 11:37 AM
You Know!.....I think I need a new graphics card, I have never had rain...storms ect in my game, I get the clouds..all white and fluffy, the birds...all cheeping and goin nuts.....but NO Rain :swear:

TY 4 Sharing....All The Best To You.
Cherrece
"The Hand that Rocks the Craddle...Rules the Nation"
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 1:02 PM Last edited by numenor : 13th Jan 2005 at 1:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by cherrece
You Know!.....I think I need a new graphics card, I have never had rain...storms ect in my game, I get the clouds..all white and fluffy, the birds...all cheeping and goin nuts.....but NO Rain :swear:

All the weather casualties (rain, storm, wind, etc...) have beed discontinued by Maxis bebore releasing the game. So it's normal that you don't have them.
The "scenario" I have described in my post was abandoned, too, and therefore it isn't active in the official game (actually, I have played it, once , but it's buried into the game).
I've simply retrieved "traces" of that scenario inside the game files; one of these hidden "traces" was the windmill.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Forum Resident
#13 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 1:04 PM
I put that in my game and it looks nice and works too, thaks again for finding it, can you do the recolors?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by johnr2000
I put that in my game and it looks nice and works too, thaks again for finding it, can you do the recolors?

The recolour option will be included in the next update for the CEP.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 1:12 PM
i hope weather becomes a natural thing in sims2
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 3:33 PM
Thank you very much, Numenor
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 11:18 PM
Numenor
Thanks for clearing that up Looks like Its all as it should be then :Slap:

TY 4 Sharing....All The Best To You.
Cherrece
"The Hand that Rocks the Craddle...Rules the Nation"
Forum Resident
#18 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by numenor
Oh! You're right! You know, I've never added any decor to a neighborhood, so I didn't know...

Anyway, it's good to have it available in buy mode, too; don't you think so? :D

I thought maybe it was one of those here again/gone again items for you and others.

Yes, it is nice to be able to buy it. It'd be great at the Silo Farm in Veronaville? Veronatown (not sure of the name cuz I changed all of them first thing
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 12:20 AM
Actually, yes, in a way it's new, since in neighborhood view it doesn't even move, and you couldn't see it once inside a lot. But I'll tell you, it's even older than the "blackout story", 'cause Maxis actually borrowed it from Sim City 4!
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 11:50 AM
Just as an aside, having this on your lot will lower the bills that appear in your mailbox by a slight amount due to the fact that it supposedly lowers your electricity consumption from the city
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#21 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 12:58 PM
Can anyone verify does it also supply power during power outages using carrigon's collection that makes the power outages buyable? That would be nice, duh I didn't think of it before.

:lion:
Deedee
Field Researcher
#22 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 7:00 AM
Great find
Thank you :D
Field Researcher
#23 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 12:40 AM
Excellent! I think my sim actually deserves this as a reward for winning the scenario!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 4:10 PM
Thank you everybody for your appreciation!

Mutantbunny: The Silo Farm in Veronaville? Mmmmh, let me take a look at it, I've played Veronaville only for 5 minutes!

Mosbyte: LOL! So it's an old idea... I didn't know, 'cos I never played SC4 (the last I've played is SimCity 2000... )

LochRaven: that's very interesting! Lower bills, yeah!

DeeDee: I've tried it as soon as Carrigon released her hack, but it doesn't work (though it *does* work in the original scenario, the one that can be played using I-don't-remember-who's hacked collection; was it Carrigon's?)
Instructor
#25 Old 30th Jan 2005 at 6:11 AM
Thank you Numenor! My husband works for a power company and is very interested in "renewable energy", including windpower, so I will make sure my Sims are "environmentally aware" and install your windmills! BTW when you see a whole lot of these on a hill top they look a bit weird - beautiful, but slightly sinister (or maybe I just have a strange imagination!)
Page 1 of 3