Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rio & Mermaid Request (gigglesmagnolia)

by justmoi Posted 19th Jan 2005 at 7:09 AM - Updated 10th Jul 2005 at 10:16 PM by justmoi : Removed "Testers Wanted".

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 8:34 PM
Oh, I do like very much!!! I like how you did matting on the medmaids! I didn't know you could change frame size (did you use two different templates, or did you use a frameless one and paint a frame on in an image editor? I would have though any change of frame thickness or a new color would have to be done in the Object Workshop?). It turned out SimPE Photo Studio wasn't working for me because the computer fonts were set at 120 dpi--changed it to 72, and import button actually shows up now, so I'm going to try my hand at making paintings. I downloaded size templates for game paintings in another thread, but only 3 of them say which game painiting they are...which I guess will make for some confusion and wild experimentation! Thanks so much for making those--they're lovely!!!!!
#3 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 11:05 PM
Beautiful work, thank you
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 5:27 AM
gigglesmagnolia, actually except for the first couple of sets I posted I make all my paintings using Object Workshop since I can play with the frame colours. And no I don't change the size of the frame, it's only an illusion using colours...they're the same "The Lady on Red" frame but I fool around with the colours so that it appears they're a little different. And I use a photo editor to add mats as a layer to the frames and then I can change them as I want and only insert the painting I want.

I also made and added my own templates based on the tutorial available here but I wasn't able to add the same frame with different colours so I don't bother using Photo Studio. The three templates that come with Photo Studio are "The Lady on Red" (vertical), "SimCity at Night"(Horizontal), and "The Lone Daisy" (square) and you can download a template for the "Idol" and "Engineered Angst." I found the tutorial on making your own templates wasn't too bad to follow (a few steps could be clarified) and then you can create templates for all the frames...I'm not sure about the paintings that have a frame and a picture option though...I hadn't tried them.

Good luck!!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 8:25 AM
Oh, okay--I was thinking I might have to learn to use Object Workshop. I guess it's probably not so difficult once you know how! I've been playing around with making paintings, but the unaltered Lady On Red frame doesn't really look that good as anything but a poster frame. Ooof! Thanks for the tips--you're reallly, really good at making paintings!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 11:44 PM
Wicked beautiful. Not only do i luv the mermaid pic, but I luv the frames as well. Could you do some more water-related/ocean life pics with ocean-colored frames as well...plz?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellfyre6
Wicked beautiful. Not only do i luv the mermaid pic, but I luv the frames as well. Could you do some more water-related/ocean life pics with ocean-colored frames as well...plz?

I received these paintings from a request but I can try to find more water-related/ocean life pics for you. However, I'm in the process of updating my paintings for the EP so it might be awhile :sadpanda: unless you have some specific ones in mind that you can post in the request thread?

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 4:18 PM
I just wanted to let you know that these paintings have been updated for the expansion pack. I'll also be posting more "water-based" paintings soon.

Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 10:07 PM
Oh my gosh, the "Rio" painting is written in spanish ;p I can't even read it! I believe that "Ciudad" means "cidade"(city) but I have no idea of what "ensueno" means O.o
(as you might have wondered, I'm Brazilian)
It's a pity that no one realizes we speak portuguese ;p
(I'm not complaining about you, justmoi, the recolour is excellent!)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by duxx
Oh my gosh, the "Rio" painting is written in spanish ;p I can't even read it! I believe that "Ciudad" means "cidade"(city) but I have no idea of what "ensueno" means O.o
(as you might have wondered, I'm Brazilian)
It's a pity that no one realizes we speak portuguese ;p
(I'm not complaining about you, justmoi, the recolour is excellent!)

No offence taken. As you can tell I don't speak Spanish or Brazilian. I just use the title of the picture that was given me but thanks for noticing!