Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recoloured chimneys (EP-ready)

by Numenor Posted 23rd Jan 2005 at 1:32 AM - Updated 11th Oct 2005 at 7:03 PM by Numenor : Converted packages to EP-ready format

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Ice Princess
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 1:34 AM
oh nice thankyou!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 1:36 AM
Superb job man
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 1:50 AM
Something so small means so much, yay! I always hated the original chimney, thanks SO much! :D

私がよい署名について考えることができればここにある。
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 2:36 AM Last edited by quinn222 : 23rd Jan 2005 at 2:40 AM.
I feel like an idiot but I cannot figure out how to get this to work. I have my chimney in place. I don't see the new textures in the wallpaper section and even if I did the chimney doesn't allow itself to be selected.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 3:13 AM
Tester wanted (really!): 5 recoloured chimneys
For Quinn:

Quote:
How to apply the new colour to the chimneys
Since the chimneys aren't buyable objects, you have to buy a fireplace as usual (choose one of the three most expensive ones), then go to "Design Mode" and click, in turn, onto each section of the chimney (basement, base, several chimney sections and top) and apply the new colour to all of them.

Haven't tried it yet, but I love the idea. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 3:16 AM
Ohh have i been waiting for this.. ty so much
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 3:32 AM
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spanky1257
For Quinn:

Yes, I know. I saw the instructions. My point was that I cannot get those instructions to work.
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 4:14 AM
You don't find the new textures in wallpapers. Go to buy mode or build mode and click the design tool, then click your chimney and select the style you want.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by swimim216
You don't find the new textures in wallpapers. Go to buy mode or build mode and click the design tool, then click your chimney and select the style you want.

Thanks, it was the 'design' tool that was confusing me. As much building as I have done I have never used it. I wasn't even sure where to find it. It worked like a charm. Now we just need a stone chimney
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 4:31 AM Last edited by Laryn : 23rd Jan 2005 at 5:23 AM. Reason: Feedback
I've been waiting for these! Thanks so much.

Tested these ingame a while ago, and they are perfect. No problems at all from what I can see.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 5:44 AM
And i was about to ask if someone could do this...nothing worse than a black stone house with a tan chimney...thanx a lot
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 9:12 AM
I'm sorry if the reference to the "Design Mode" was confusing: I have the Italian version and the icon is simply called "Design"...! I'm going to edit the instructions in post #1.
Thanks everybody for the appreciation, and remember to report me any issues!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 2:44 PM
:elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
I love these! Thank you very very much. Been waiting for this since I got the game! This is great.
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 2:49 PM
I've had no problems with this so far (one house), though it's more expensive than I'd thought it would be: is it normal to have to redesign five or six different sections one by one?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 3:47 PM
Yes, there is no way to workaround this. If only I could understand where in the game files is stored the information about the $15 cost for each recolour, I might lower that cost. I suppose that it's into the ObjectData file; so, in order to change it, I should clone the 15 OBJD files related to the chimneys (5 chimney sections x 3 fireplaces)... Too much work for such a little result...!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 3:55 PM
Downloaded and tested. All work just fine in game. No issues with these yet. Im going to try and match the texture of some of the fireplaces that were uploaded a month ago or so. Especially the creek rock one. Might be a lil hard as I don't have the original texture that was used on it but I'll do my best.
They look great in game thanks for the effort this is going to come in really handy.

I only wish there were away we could apply a wall texture to them of any kind in game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't compare your life to others,
You have no idea what their journey is about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 3:59 PM
Nice to finally get rid of those red bricks.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 4:06 PM
Yea, their beautiful. Thanks!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 4:23 PM
Ahhhhh =) I was sick - and I come back to a NEW CEP prog that can recolour even more goodies!

FENCES!!

TY for the chimbleys =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 5:52 PM
i'm sooo thankfull
now my sims can have fireplaces in there homes.
before i nearly never used one because of the ugly red chimney
thanks so much, i will try it out right after i made the dinner
Instructor
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 9:43 PM
Thanks Numenor! Thank you too Loverat. I followed the instructions OK but the chimney recolors didn't work. But when Loverat mentioned a new CEP program I DLed it and that did the trick. I have to remember that the stuff done here at MTS2 is always changing . A big THANKS to all concerned.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 9:45 PM
They're great - I can't wait to use them!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat
FENCES!!
TY for the chimbleys =)

Sorry, but the fences are currently out of range, for me: they are something between a wallpaper, a wall and an object... Too strange for me!

And, Loverat, sooner or later you have to give me some "Aussie English" lessons!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 1 of 4