Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted : Risky WooHoo

by sweatm Posted 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:22 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2008 at 9:30 PM by Christy1077

344 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 341 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 14
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:28 PM
This is really great! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:39 PM
Yay! I was hoping for a hack that does this. I like surprises. Awesome. I'll try it out tonight and let ya know.
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:42 PM
I can't wait to try this!!! I, too, have been waiting for a hack like this.
Banned
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:43 PM
A 5% chance is not very realistic. With modern contraceptive techniques it should be less than 0.5%.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:44 PM
5% may not be realistic, but I think it's the perfect level for sims. I would guess with a 0.5% chance we'd pretty much have what we have now: pregnancy-safe woo hoo.
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:48 PM
this is cool! just hope it works with the teen woohoo mod i'm using.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:50 PM
Hey that's cool, there should of been something like this ins the real game ^-^
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:51 PM
As much as I love and envy the happy Sim world where everyone uses contraceptives 100% of the time which are always 100% effective, this is a neat idea. It would inject a little more randomness & surprise into the mix.
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 12:34 AM
oh my god thank you this is what ive been looking for, i love it.

thank, thank you, thank you

:p
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 12:50 AM
Wow, this has been asked a LOT for so many people, i congratulate you!! You finally did it! :D:DTHANK YOU!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 2:41 AM
Does this interfear with any other hack? Just wondering before I download.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 2:57 AM
This is awesome, I've wanted this for so long! thank you :D

but I do have a question, if a sim becomes pregnant this way... do you still hear the chime or did you remove that too?
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 3:00 AM
Great Idea! Thanks. Much more realistic!

dangerusgem
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 3:22 AM
Thankyou so much - Don Lothario and all my other Romance Sims had better watch out now!
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 4:33 AM
Thank you. I will definitely test this out. I found the total separation of having a baby from Woo Hoo very annoying. This is more like it.
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 4:37 AM
it would be cool if the chance was increased to 10% or something. but good work i love it.
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 4:54 AM Last edited by DaDwagon : 24th Jan 2005 at 4:59 AM.
lol, i thought there was a 5% normally *looks stupid* Eh well, this should be great! I'll letcha know if i run into any troubles.

Instead of the idea of upping it to 10% it could be a new menu so you'd have "Woohoo" "Try for Baby" "Risky Woohoo..." with submenues of 5%, 10%, and 25%... not sure if that'd be too much of a pain to code or whatever though....

Edit: Also if you want other 'chances' all you need is a set of dice and setup a range and if you roll in that range go for "Try for Baby" instead of Woohoo... its what i do some times. Also random number generating programs will work if you dont have a good set of dice around
Field Researcher
#19 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 5:04 AM
I tried this several times with no success in the preg line......so, I changed it to 50% and still got no success.....I was wondering if it really worked so I changed it to 95% and bingo, first time......pregnant....

So, it does work...... This was testing with adults....I will test with teens next.......so far I have seen no conflict with Insimenator or TeenWooHoo.......

Thank you for the mod

tug

Edit: Before a flood of questions on how I changed it.......I used SimPE....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 2:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I'm currently working on two additions to this.

1) Public and hot-tub changes. This was not in the first release, since the code for in-bed woohoo is much simpler than either of the others. ¿Hopefully, I'll have this ready by the end of the week?

2) "Secret" pregnancy, so that you do not know when the pregnancy occurs. I already have the lullaby sound turned off, but the "Try for baby" option is still available in the menu. The simplest way I have come up for hiding this is a "fake" pie menu for "Try for baby" that simply calls the basic woohoo code. But, it has a few issues. One, it shows up throughout the pregnancy (not just the first day, as I was wanting - have to do some tweaks for that). Second, it becomes available to elders who cannot try for baby. Third, this hack interferes with the teen woohoo hack. So, the secret menu hack might be a way out.

So, my current release plan is:

A) Completed "risky woohoo/accidental pregnancy" code by the end of the week

B) Quiet pregnancy hack by the end of the week (hopefully)

C) Menu option hiding some time in the next few weeks.

Again, thanks for the feedback. This was my first non-recolor hack for either TS1 or TS2, and I had a lot of fun building it. I'm also glad that others are enjoying my work.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 2:12 PM
woot!!!! i'm so glad this out now
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 3:25 PM
Can't wait to download them at the end of the week they sound great!!
Forum Resident
#23 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 3:29 PM
coool i cant wait
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 6:23 PM
is this if u just press woohoo or try 4 baby?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 7:46 PM
This hack takes effect on the WooHoo option. The Try for Baby option still has the 60% chance of success.
Page 1 of 14