Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Light Skin with Freckles *UPDATE 1-26-05*

by Geekess Posted 24th Jan 2005 at 9:55 PM - Updated 26th Jan 2005 at 10:08 PM by Geekess

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
#2 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 11:58 PM
Awesome job, thank you
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 3:07 AM
Yes! Yes! Yes! I needed this sooooooo bad!!! TY TY TY!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 4:25 AM
Way to go!
Thank you, I like my sisms to have the different looks and this should add to some of them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 4:53 AM
Quote:
Thank you, I like my sisms to have the different looks and this should add to some of them.

That is exactly why I enjoy these skins so much, it is a great way to add some diversity to the gene pool for those of us who stick to the realistic side... but including elves because they are real. Legolas is totally my boyfirend, I swear!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 6:05 AM
These do look really good. thank you.

YMW PRODUCTIONS
Great free downloads, and a fun and friendly forum
www.ymwproductions.com
Stop in and say HI.
Check out my little brothers shop
Undead Threads
#7 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 9:34 AM
oh men! this is just great...
how come these won't show up in bodyshop? Can anyone help please?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ValasHune87
oh men! this is just great...
how come these won't show up in bodyshop? Can anyone help please?

Finally another with same problem as I have.. I havent been able to view either one of these freckled skins in bodyshop, all other skins I downloaded yesterday work normally.
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 12:26 PM
I'm having that same problem too. Is it because it's a rar file? Do I have to put it someplace besides the downloads folder?
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 12:51 PM
Thank-you so much, I've been looking all over for something like this.
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 12:55 PM
Ah.. I found the WinRAR tutorial! Duh!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 1:00 PM
DMFirebow, you can see this skin in bodyshop or sims then? I would really like to use these freckled skins.. but cant find them in bodyshop
#13 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 1:37 PM
i am having the same problem with .::TSN::. with this skin

i cant see it in the sims 2 or the body shop :confused:

i also tried it on another computer too, does the region of the game make a possibility of this not working?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 2:29 PM
I am not sure but it seems that some are having trouble with the .RAR file extention. .RAR is just like a .ZIP and it needs to be extracted, the rar dosen't go into the downloads folder but the stuff inside it does.

1.) Go download WinRAR if you do not have it. It is free, go here and download either of the top two which is WinRAR 3.42:
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
2.) Install it.
3.)Read this thread, the WinRAR tutorial:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=40327
4.) Read my nice readme and put the .package into your downloads folder!

Hopefully that is the reason behind the problems, seems many (including the mods that approved this) were able to get it to work soooo. :Shrug:
#15 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 3:06 PM
sigh... the thing is still not working

i had WinRAR before though but an older version, i pretty much knew how to use WinRAR before i came here (i learnt myself :D)

ya so the package files are in the downloads folder... i dunno whats wrong
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 5:03 PM
Quote:
ya so the package files are in the downloads folder... i dunno whats wrong

Hrmmm... has anyone bee able to play with these in game? I have never heard of region issues effecting skins but who knows, if you are still having trouble somethingodd PM me and we will figure something out.
#17 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 1:57 AM
OMG YES! IT WORKS NOW!

those packaged sims from the sims 2 site works now :D

the skins look great too

a top rating for you
#18 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 9:42 AM
Why'd it happen anyways? I dont get it..... did the file come with any thing else?
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 7:24 AM
Message to Geekess: I've noticed you had to re-upload your freckled sim skins because of the Maxis web crash. I had to re-upload my freckled sim skins too. I just wanted you to know that when you re-uploaded them, I re-rated them both 5-Stars. Yours are some of the best, but I can't say better than mine cause I'm a bit biased. Keep up the good work though!
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 12:02 AM
I've always put my downloaded lots & clothes & items in my EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads folder, and the eyes and genetics and things in EA Games/Bodyshop/Downloads... Is that right, or should I be putting them somewhere else?
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 2:25 AM
thank you so much for doing this finally my sims can look a little bit like me lol with real freckles great job
Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 6:55 PM
that's hot
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 9:15 PM
Wow! I had the same problem you did, thanks for solving it!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 10:55 PM
I have tried everything to get these skins to show up nothings working i even tried downloading them from the sims2 site and they keep saying my game is not registerd when i am i can't win some body please HELP!

smile:D
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 7:40 PM
Thank you so much! I've been looking for freckles for quite a while and your skins are lovely; I got them through the official site since .rar downloads don't work for me. Thanks again. :D
Page 1 of 2