Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Testers Wanted" SunairSims Beta chair

by Sunair Posted 25th Jan 2005 at 8:20 PM - Updated 10th Oct 2008 at 4:54 AM by whitesiren

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 8:22 PM
:O

I didn't even notice that...

I wonder if other ones do that?

★☆Simify☆★
回「Shall we dance?」回
これを読むことができれば訳者を使用している。
:| Yep, another post from Mr. Biggles. |:

Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 8:33 PM
wow. Other than the shadows, so far it works fine. Thank you for the GREAT work. I love it!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 8:43 PM
This chair looks great, I'll test it out right away! And may I say, you've made great objects for TS1 and I hope you continue with that trend into TS2.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 9:02 PM
wow, this is great!!! it's funny that the shadow is of its original. but seriously, i didn't know until you pointed it out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 9:03 PM
Thanks
That shadow did bother me I'm still try to fix it.....
Any conflicts by this object, please informe me, thanks again
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 9:19 PM
Very nice, like the textures - especially the leaf motif on the white one. I tried the chair with sims just sitting, reading, eating, chatting online and playing chess - they use it just as they do the original it was based on. I did notice when they scoot the chair forward or back their hands go through the object. I'm sure it's because they normally hold the sides of the seat when doing this and this chair has arms. I didn't notice their hands going through the back of the chair when pulling it out while standing. The shadow is only noticeable if you're looking for it.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 9:20 PM
I can't get the picture to show up!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 9:22 PM
OH! Finally...nevermind! :D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 9:23 PM
great job and I love your site and your work

Care-
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OriginalHalf
I did notice when they scoot the chair forward or back their hands go through the object. I'm sure it's because they normally hold the sides of the seat when doing this and this chair has arms. I didn't notice their hands going through the back of the chair when pulling it out while standing.

Good finding! Thanks a lot
It seems we should clone an arm dining chair, or hack the animation of this chair
Thank you all upstairs
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 9:42 PM
the prob with the shadow is what you see in atached pic the shadow alpha you should create a new one or let them as it is
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 9:49 PM
Gorgeous chair, will test it gladly! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Havelock
the prob with the shadow is what you see in atached pic the shadow alpha you should create a new one or let them as it is

I guess the beta chair got the original sunlight shadow because of GUID or name hash somewhere, but I can't find where it is
The reason why I keep that alpha image is I thought that is the shadow not under sunlight, may I ask does all the shadows using the same texture?
Thanks
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 10:04 PM Last edited by Havelock : 25th Jan 2005 at 10:08 PM.
by clone the object you got the alpa for the object so you have it in the package the texture is for all ligthts eg sun or inside. objects have no shadows the are addet as alpha so the game can produce one.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 10:07 PM
I loved, thank you
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 10:47 PM
Default very nice
thats an excellent chair!!! i can't wait to add it to my collection!! its funny that the original chair shadow is like that... im laughing!!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 10:56 PM
Great! Sunair, I just visited your site for the chair recolor tutorial. Thank you for it, too. A dining arm chair! Oh! It's one of the things I miss from the Sims 1. It made the dining rooms look elegant. Sherry
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 1:06 AM
Very well done. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 5:03 AM
I will love to try these later. Thank you nice. I would have no idea on the shadows I wished I can do these new objects too but it is complecated right now anyways. I want a butterfly statue can someone make me one so I can beable to recolor them I love to paint things I am an artist. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 7:52 AM
by clone the object you got the alpa for the object so you have it in the package the texture is for all ligthts eg sun or inside. objects have no shadows the are addet as alpha so the game can produce one.

Thank you so much for your hint
I'm not sure quite follow the second half, would you please explain a little bit more:D

Welcome to SunairSims

Recommended browser for the sims2 section of my site: IE (came with Windows XP), AOL 9.0 Optimized SE, last version of FireFox vs Flash and SunJava plugin.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 8:09 AM Last edited by Havelock : 26th Jan 2005 at 9:07 AM.
What i mean was objects are not solid so they have no shadows the game must produce one whit the alpha. Sorry my bad english. PS: Edititing the alpha in your package is not working have it testet .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 8:57 AM
What i mean was objects are not solid so they have no shadows the game must produce one whit the alpha. Sorry my bad english. Edititing the alpha in your package should give you a correct shadow.

Got it
I'll try to modify the alpha, see what's going on...
Thanks again

Welcome to SunairSims

Recommended browser for the sims2 section of my site: IE (came with Windows XP), AOL 9.0 Optimized SE, last version of FireFox vs Flash and SunJava plugin.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 9:08 AM
upps to late maybe it uses a global shadow for your original model:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 9:14 AM
upps to late maybe it uses a global shadow for your original model:

I thing that might too...:D

Welcome to SunairSims

Page 1 of 2