Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: No Mourn *UPDATE*

by conker87 Posted 26th Jan 2005 at 7:25 PM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:41 AM by Christy1077

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 7:59 PM
conker,

Beta Testers is for getting other people to test things on thier machines and with thier configurations AFTER you have tested it yourself.

It is not used as a dumping ground to say "Hey I did this but I have no clue if it works and I'm too lazy to test it myself...."

Please reply ASAP with results of testing or the thread gets deleted.

Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 9:11 PM Last edited by conker87 : 26th Jan 2005 at 9:21 PM.
Tested it. See above.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 10:26 PM
I was surprised to see that this hack file size is so big. When I downloaded it I see that there's separate files for each aspiration, and when I load one in SimPE it looks like they are objects with catalog descriptions of tombstones. It's interesting. Why did you need files for each aspiration -- are there separate tombstone objects for each aspiration in the game? I'm assuming that these override existing objects in the game, right?

Did you clone the objects, keep the id intact (so it would override) then modify the bhavs?

Anyway, looks cool; I'll use them because I find automous morning irritating. Thanks a lot!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 10:31 PM Last edited by daysies : 26th Jan 2005 at 10:34 PM.
I have never had anyone die on me yet (I play with aging off) so this will be a good back up for when I decide to turn aging back on and get tired of all the mourning and it gets old.

Dolphin - When a sim dies while in platinum, a special headstone is put into place w/ the aspiration symbol on it. That's my only guess as to why there are many files in this hack. If a sim dies while in red, gold, or green, I think they just get a blank headstone. I know this because of the Legacy Challenge and you get points based on what kind of tombstone you get.

Conker - I'm guessing these will override the tombstones in the game. Can you confirm?

(P.S. This is my 1,000th post! HUZZAH! I am a scholar!)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 10:41 PM Last edited by conker87 : 26th Jan 2005 at 10:43 PM.
Yay! I'm rather privileged to have your 1000th post on my thread :D
Yeah, they will over right the old Tombstones, Old Sims who dies in Gold/Platinum aspiration I supposed to have a Gravestone with their Aspiration type on it, I rally don’t know. If someone confirms that they don’t then I will remove the other stones.

[Edit]After reading the last post then it does happen, so I'll keep them in.
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 7:10 AM Last edited by Swiftgold : 27th Jan 2005 at 7:12 AM. Reason: Fixed wording.
Question - I've heard elsewhere that you get ghosts more often if you don't mourn your Sims, and then I've also heard that you get them more often if you DO. Anyone know which it is? I've killed off Townies and no one mourned and their ghosts showed up a lot, but my one dead elder, mourned a couple times, hasn't shown up as a ghost at all yet after 20-odd Sim days. I was wondering if this affected it at all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 9:49 AM
As long as you Mourn them on your own then your Ghost's shouldn't come out. I really don't know, to be honest...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 12:11 PM
I have had a tip of Carrigon so I will be uploading new and smaller sized versions of them tonight... I hope.
Firestarter
#10 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 12:18 PM
Ghosts are tied to memories of those who remember them. If you want to try to trigger more frequent ghosts, go into SimPE and make sure there are memories of having met the ghost before it died, becoming friends with the ghost before death, you can add all kinds of memories. Do it for both the living and the dead. Then make sure the living person has a memory of the dead one. It seemed to trigger it for me when I couldn't get a ghost to show up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 6:16 PM
Right, after this tip from Carrigon, check update!
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Carrigon
Ghosts are tied to memories of those who remember them. If you want to try to trigger more frequent ghosts, go into SimPE and make sure there are memories of having met the ghost before it died, becoming friends with the ghost before death, you can add all kinds of memories. Do it for both the living and the dead. Then make sure the living person has a memory of the dead one. It seemed to trigger it for me when I couldn't get a ghost to show up.

Hmmmm. Well, this was an elder who was living as a roommate with a single dad and his toddler. She stayed home to take care of the toddler and got very close with both of them. She died when the kid was a teen. The father still lives on the lot, though the kid has since grown up and moved out, and he still has plenty of memories of her. I've never, ever seen her ghost. I only let the father mourn her a couple times because I thought that would keep the ghost from showing. Bleh...
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 7:39 AM
This is a very good and very much needed hack since all my NPCs kept mourning over my sims and not doing their work when it was needed. Keep up the good work! :thumb:
#14 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 12:39 PM
Default :-d
THANK YOU. you have made my day.

My friend asked me to ask this, so I shall..

is there a way to turn off the crying or to make the crying not ruin their mood?

Ie..tears of 'joy' even after there relative passes on..

dumb question.. where does the rar go and where does the all go?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 3:12 PM
You can use either one, extract the file to Downloads folder, as usual
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 8:40 AM
Just a quick question, has anyone confirmed that Sims who die with Gold/Platinum have a different stone? I have several who died platinum and their gravestones are much larger and white, with a Sims aspiration logo in gold. I'm trying to be certain that I don't have another hidden mod in my game somewhere.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 6:19 PM
Yep, that's what supposed to happen. Happy (Gold/Platinum) Sim's die with a really nice Gravestone...
Instructor
#18 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 11:06 AM
I have very few dead Sims in my game, but yes Sims that have all their aspirations fullfilled get special gravestones. My Sim named Carmela Royale, I specially fullfilled all her wishes in the last minutes she lived, she died totally platinium and got a very beautiful grave (knowledge). My other dead couple (The oldies) never showed up as ghosts though they left two adoptive sons. I moved in two of the children Herb Oldie got with another female and Herb started to show up as ghost every night. No signs of Coral up now.
#19 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 8:53 PM
This is kind of an old thread, but if you go into SimPE and find your ghosts, you can change their behavior.

It seemed to me that if the only thing checked was "is a ghost", they didn't show up. Then when I check all of them, they show up more often. I have a lot full of graves which I intend to turn into my haunted mansion and NONE were mourned and have hauntings all the time...and they were all strangers.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 9:29 AM
YES!!!! i love you! thanks for this mod!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 2:14 PM
You rock. Thank youu
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th May 2006 at 3:30 PM
Whoa, I haven't been on here for about a year and people still download my Mods?

Anyway, I should be coming back to modding once my exams are out of the way.

:google: ftw!

−=≡ conker87 ≡=−
Field Researcher
#23 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 3:42 AM
With all the NPCs I kill off, this is absolutely necessary.

luv,
Kat
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 5:31 PM
conker could you turn this into a Sims 3 mod as well
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 3:47 AM
OMG! Thank you so much for this! :D
Page 1 of 2