Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Roof Recolors (Updated 28 Jan)

by RGiles Posted 27th Jan 2005 at 7:21 AM - Updated 4th Mar 2005 at 5:17 PM by RGiles

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 74 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 7:25 AM
Thanks RGiles...you're my hero now.
Finally somebody tackled the roof files.....all I need now, is some snow covered ones.

Its fun to be a Sadist.
*The Pain & Pleasure Principle*

Save the world and drown a politican today!

El diablo sabe mas por viejo que por diablo!
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 7:36 AM
The very first thing I tried was snow. No good. The top of the roof has a tint to it, making whatever texture you put on it much darker. Putting the snow texture in looked very muddy and gross. The underside of the rood doesn't have that tint, just to piss me off, I'm sure.

RG
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 7:46 AM
This opens up a whole new different world Thank you RGiles : Efharisto (In Greek)
..I wish I was home to test this right away!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 7:48 AM
Damn.....well at least you tried...thanks.

PS:...hmm...what about a partially snow covered roof. Would that work?

Its fun to be a Sadist.
*The Pain & Pleasure Principle*

Save the world and drown a politican today!

El diablo sabe mas por viejo que por diablo!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
Other than that, please let me know if you have any problems with them and do not post these to another site or start sharing any new rooves based on them.

RG

awww, and I got all excited about posting them
Well I will test them and then post them

Support our troops, bring them home!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 7:58 AM
Thank You RGiles! Love the New Roofs! Cant wait to try them out.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 7:59 AM
RGiles if you were here, I would squeeze ya, hug ya and kiss ya!
This is great! Thanks
Annie -x-
Forum Resident
#9 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 1:18 PM
How utterly fantastic, your the bestest RG, thank you so very much, for this & all your other goodies.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 1:29 PM
:howdy: Hi thank you
needed more roofs I hope you will be making more.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 2:35 PM
Finally new colored rooves. How can I recolor these? Is there a tutorial on this. I like some blue ones too. Cool Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 4:12 PM
thank you, thank you, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 4:35 PM
Oh wow thanks i was looking for some new roof types. Now if i could just get them in more colors :-P
#14 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 5:07 PM
These are so awesome,,,you're a genious RG
Forum Resident
#15 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 5:11 PM
My angel....I'll test these for you, I have a roof or two that need make overs....
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 5:14 PM
Glad to see that you got off your lazy butt and did some work They look good, glad to see that you took the time to work on them after our long roof discussion I will test them out and let you know, by the way i have some cool textures that i would like to see as roofs (have houses that need them) Talk to me in chat when you are ready to work on some more
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 6:21 PM Last edited by hippi : 28th Jan 2005 at 9:43 PM.
I've tested in game and works fine so far and looks great, I couldn't tell if it shows correctly in neighbourhood view as I have a lowend graphics card so all the roofs look similar. Maybe someone with a better graphics card can tell you that.
Thanks I really need more roofing :D
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 7:12 PM
Great work, I'll test these out in my game tonight and let you know if there are any issues...which I'm sure there won't be. Thanks for all your hard work.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 10:29 PM
I am so glad you figured this out, new roofs are appreciated by all of us.....can't wait for more. Again TY
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 10:36 PM
Oh, Giles, you make my heart twitter!
TY so much for making them
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 12:35 AM
Bravo!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 2:34 AM
I am soooo going to use the rusted roof for my 'trashed' home. It fits in perfectly! Thank you!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#23 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 6:24 AM
Great! Now get in the kitchen and make me some pie!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 9:14 AM Last edited by cyclonesue : 28th Jan 2005 at 9:16 AM.
Great stuff, RGiles! I tried these out and no problems for me whatsoever. At last, new roof types! Big, BIG thanks! I LOVE the tin roof!

I wish The Sims would allow more than one roof colour per lot. Shame it doesn't. Now THAT would be cool...
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 10:23 AM
You could always use "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false" and build the inverted shape of the roof in the ground, cover the upper floor with the floor tiles that look like roofs of your choice and level out the floor.
I've used that before, and, if you want perfect slopes, use the modular stairs tool in the ground.
Of course, this is difficult and time-consuming for big roofs.
Page 1 of 4