Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Buyable Fire!

by Sir Ignitus Blowtorch Posted 31st Jan 2005 at 10:35 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2005 at 10:05 PM by Sir Ignitus Blowtorch

161 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 160 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 7
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 10:52 PM
Oh, and here is the ZIP.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Sir Ignitus Blowtorch's Instant Fire.zip (23.4 KB, 2069 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 11:26 PM
I'm not sure I quite understand-how does it work?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 12:00 AM
Sounds like an interesting way to play out a 'family dies by fire' scenario now. Thanks, I'll test this
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 12:15 AM
Well, you go in Buy Mode, click 'Sort By Room', click 'Miscellanious' and there will be three objects there. One of them has a picture which says 'No Pic' - that is fire. It is free and you can place it in your lot (it is invisible in Buy Mode when you place it). As soon as you go into Live Mode, a fire will start on the tile you placed it on.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 1:18 AM
Oh my freaking gosh! My dream has come true! This plus the insane fire hack is crazy crap. I have this family, Alien guy, normal girl. the girl is pregnant. So they're inside sleeping, and I put a fire outside. An hour later I call the firemen and they come, only to be met by flames. They run around for about 7 hours and try to put it out. But my yard is a big one so it's everywhere. I found out that firetrucks are flammable. The whole thing dissapears and ashes are left behind. My sims are in a horrible mood and then my wife has a baby. TWINS! So I'm thinking what next. I need to do some remodeling for a new room cuz I thought I would only have one. Too bad there's a fire so I can't buy anything. Two days and a half later, the fire is gone to leave me with ashes, ashes, an alien baby, a baby, 5 urns from my neighbors, and horrible sims in need of sleep, food, and social. That was one HECK of a day LMAO!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 6:11 AM
Fire, I think it's a cool idea but there needs to be a way to contain the fire. If anything happens, like your house burns down, you get twins, and you have 4 very miserable sims in the house, nobody's going to download the fire. Maybe you could make some kind of fire pit you can add the fire to or something to keep it from spreading...

-{The Gen}-

May the force be with you...
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GenAlpha
Fire, I think it's a cool idea but there needs to be a way to contain the fire. If anything happens, like your house burns down, you get twins, and you have 4 very miserable sims in the house, nobody's going to download the fire. Maybe you could make some kind of fire pit you can add the fire to or something to keep it from spreading...

-{The Gen}-

What do you mean no ones going to download it? Even if right now there's no control over it, it's not like you can't just reload after using it. I don't understand the problem. I love it, thanks!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 3:21 PM
Holy shit, that is pure awesome! XD Just what we need for our dungeon!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 3:27 PM
There is a way to contain it - use fences or balustrades. Quite a few of my sims are pyrotechnitions (or pyromaniacs - not sure which!) and have a balustrade round a single square. That can act like a makeshift fireplace, that doesn't even have to touch a wall!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#11 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 4:21 PM
looks great for a makeshift bonfire (until we get one w/ University).
#12 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 7:50 PM
Nice!
Fire! Fire! Heh heh heh! Anyway, what we need now is a way to make them ignore the fire... I can make all the pet fires I want behind fences, but I can't get my sims to leave the cursed things alone, all they do is panic and scream about it.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 7:59 PM
it does look scary.... but it's always nice to see sims panic!
thank you

+-+[color=brown]I have looked into the mirror of madness and seen my own reflection...[/color]+-+
http://gaysimsclub2.com/index.php?act=site
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 8:15 PM
this would be better if you didnt have to go into room sort mode.... otherwise looks great!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 9:59 PM
Actually I have found it in function sort mode too. It is in misscellanious > all. I found a very original way to kill roaches. I placed fire near them, but i had forgotten how powerful the Intense Fire Hack was. the whole lot went up in flames, Amy the paper girl and Mortimer Goth died, I had to call the firefighters, I nearly burnt to death three times and there was ash everywhere. I killed the roaches, though!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 10:17 PM
OK, now that I've read the other posts, I think I understand better. Very creative, downloading now!
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 10:40 PM
If you can contain it with fences, then that's a good thing. I just thought that you wouldn't be able to contain it considering it's fire and all.

Dwnldng right now

-{The Gen}-

May the force be with you...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sir Ignitus Blowtorch
Actually I have found it in function sort mode too. It is in misscellanious > all. I found a very original way to kill roaches. I placed fire near them, but i had forgotten how powerful the Intense Fire Hack was. the whole lot went up in flames, Amy the paper girl and Mortimer Goth died, I had to call the firefighters, I nearly burnt to death three times and there was ash everywhere. I killed the roaches, though!
:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So townies can die too? :argh: "Oh Morty! Mortimer!! Where are yoouuu???"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 11:01 PM
Yep, in fact a firefighter once burned to death in the Goth house!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GenAlpha

-{The Gen}-

What?? I said in there that I had a hack that makes hugely intense fires, so a normal one wouldn't do that much. And houses can't burn down. Fires only stay in the room they're put in.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 11:05 PM
Anarchist I like your avatar.

So, can the fire burn down your house or not?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 11:07 PM
Thats why fencing them in works. It is classed as a room.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 11:17 PM
Thank you Elven. It depends what your talking about. Fires can only burn down sims and objects. Say If you put the fire in you living room. It's only going to burn down the things in the living room unless you call the fire dept. It can't burn down walls, windows, doors, and things like that. As for outside, you can just look at the pic I posted. It won't burn down your mailbox, trash can, or the firemen. But It can burn down the firetruck and your ride to work :/
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 12:38 AM
what file do u extract to?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 12:39 AM
download folder
Page 1 of 7