Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Testers Wanted] EXTREME sexy micro dress

by Mr.Bill Posted 1st Feb 2005 at 11:15 AM - Updated 8th Feb 2005 at 11:31 PM by Mr.Bill : Link to new mesh added

186 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 185 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 8
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 12:12 PM Last edited by shrekiejai : 1st Feb 2005 at 12:16 PM.
doesnt work ... I loaded it into BodyShop, and none of this dress's texture came out. As for the mesh itself, the boobs had a very strange shape, with corners everywhere, and the bottom of it was a straight horizontal line..

However, since this mesh overwrites telamon's mesh, other clothes designed with telamon's mesh turned out with this "sexier" mesh. Only problem is that it looked abit wrong, maybe due to the fact the texture was designed for another texture...

Thanks for trying tho..
Inventor
#3 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 12:45 PM
Well that seems realistic that her boob job could go so wrong.. LOL

I guess these sims are never satisfied with their physiques. :-)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 4:36 PM Last edited by gbread49 : 25th Mar 2005 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Added attached file per members request
Pretty darn good for a start.

But as the others said, I have the same problems with it in Body Shop. dress texture didn't show, etc... I did try it with several other outfits I made using "telamon's" original mesh, and they didn't look too bad, except that shadows were way off, sharp, straight lines instead of a "blended" look (evident when rotating the camera view).

A little more tweaking and I think your mesh has great potential.

It might also be prudent to change the file name so that it does not conflict with telamon's original mesh.
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 7:14 PM
Fantastic first start.

Here's some suggestions:
The heels don't seem to match the leg and hip geometry.

Ahhh...looks like there are few stray polygons. These look like they might poke an eye out or something.

It shows up fine in the game. Except for the weird shadows.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 8:47 PM
I've noticed the model's chest does seem to need some work. I'll have to spend a little more time sculpting. I achieved the high heel look by rotating the feet and moving up the ankles... it seems that I may have to go the long way and move vertices one by one instead of in bulk, as I did.

Do any of you know where I can get the original game meshes? I'd love to try my hand at a first generation mesh, possibly a lower half or upper half.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 9:26 PM
I'm no expert, but if you can grab the mesh from Telamon's clothing, can't u just do the same to Sims2's original clothing to extract the mesh?

Lookin forward to your improved boob job~ (for the mesh i meant..)
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 9:35 PM
im no expert but how come the arms look weird and square like that?
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 10:12 PM
how do i import my own body meshes into the game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 11:39 PM
That's where I'm running into a problem. I can edit telamon's mesh, since it was in the package. I'm not sure how he extracted it from the game in the first place.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 11:56 PM
bigger pictures?
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 12:29 AM
I downloaded it and in the game, the shape worked but there was no texture, the clothing was the color of my sim's skin... O_o
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 1:59 AM
yeah me too and the arm is all squary and everything is bulky
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 2:49 AM Last edited by 3beth : 2nd Feb 2005 at 3:28 AM.
I haven't been able to extract a body mesh yet but if someone will send me one i will start modifiying them and send them back for insertion back into the package file. I am a professional 3d modeler for UkSoft so I know I can do a good job. My messenger is [email protected] IM me if interested.

I studied the above mesh and know what went wrong and how to fix it.

sincerely,
3beth

http://uksoft.planetdns.net

but the website for the games is undergoing a needed service. Most of our customers are by contract we don't do a lot of internet except to provide servers.

No we are the company located in Guthrie, Ky. and Sebastopol Ukraine if you want to google search it, were there a lot.
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 3beth
. I am a professional 3d modeler for UkSoft so I know I can do a good job.
OK peeps... we have some serious assistance offered here!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 3:15 AM
Well its a start- and a mighty exciting one at that! Great work for your first go
The One and Only
#17 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosco
OK peeps... we have some serious assistance offered here!

Seriously...

*checks UkSoft's site*

Haha...Google pops up with a bunch of things about Britian and lobbying against Soda...

I would seriously take the offered assistance, it's just too good to pass on.

To 3beth, is there a website at which I could maybe read up on UkSoft?

EDIT: You wouldn't happen to be referring to the Software Engineering Association, would you?
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 4:16 AM
Good first start. Try makeing some flush (mostly unchanged/flat skin) modles and puting difrent breasts on em. And after ya get beter try ading nipples.
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 4:30 AM
yeah i think a smaller frame will be easier to make if you have a limited amount of polygons or something...(i kno nothing about this but im trying to use logic. i doubt it worked lol) lol but yeah maybe making a skinny body would b easier.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 10:04 PM
All right! I've finally figured out how to extract original meshes. All of the original game meshes are in the file Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Sims03.dbpf . You can use SimPE to extract the meshes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 10:33 PM
Whenever I move even one vertice in milkshape, the shadow problem crops up. There must be a simple way to restore the original shading on the models, but I haven't found it yet.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:37 PM
hi Bill,

I've been working with the meshes from package3 for a while, but how do you import them back into the game? I've got the .simpe files made, and am ready to import but the tutorial for objects doesn't help me at this point. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Brasstex
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#23 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:53 PM
Bill,

Try importing vertices *and* normals, but not polygons see if that helps
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 4:57 AM Last edited by blut3ng3l : 3rd Feb 2005 at 5:19 AM.
Pondering something....

This new mesh works in my game. When you click to make the sim fat or skinny it does infact make it fat(expand) and it keeps the new meshed boobs that were made and imported. Since there is "something" that can make this mesh and all clothing mesh's expand why can't we hack it and limit it to just boobs? Perhaps it's a mesh that we should change. Maybe it's a "fat" mesh that affects all mesh's. It would be a lot better than making new mesh's for every single clothing. Or maybe I am totally wrong. It makes sense to me.
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 9:17 PM Last edited by 3beth : 3rd Feb 2005 at 11:51 PM.
Guys and Gals,

I have almost downloaded all the body meshes out of the game. I have noticed that almost any and I say again any obj can be used with slight flaws to replace the orginal meshes with don't worry about poly counts, at the moment I have a lot of old sims 1 meshes I am converting to obj to try and import them back into a package, if this works I will post the steps. Not trying heads at this moment only bodies, and make sure to scale them correctly.

I am really interested in making female models with very high heels.

UPDATE:

I've modified a Sims1 mesh and resized it and packaged it. Ive got it to load in body shop, it still has a few problems such as textures match the old sims 1 and the hands, the head doesn't work correctly but there is hope to make a process to make most of the old bodies work with sims2.

Beth
Page 1 of 8